main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Will SWTOR work with my requirements?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by amarkey10, May 6, 2013.

1. amarkey10

amarkey10 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2013
    Hey,

I have a requirements problem,

[​IMG]

As you see at the bottom my Dedicated Video RAM doesn't match, if i download and play will it work or just randomly freeze and ****?

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I don't think it will run as you have an on-board graphics chipset as opposed to a dedicated graphics card.

The good news? As long as your PC has expansion options you may be able to resolve it relatively cheaply...

What is your complete PC specification?

3. amarkey10

amarkey10 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2013
    How do i get my complete specs? :3 btw i ordered the game yesterday from amazon to check it out

4. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    There is a free audit tool called belarc advisor which will give you a detailed breakdown of your PC, you could use that, then attach / copy and paste the results here or in a PM?

You can leave out all the gumf stating the hundred odd windows updates though :)

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Run CPU-Z and post a print of the results.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I have had an issue since the Hutt Cartel installation of my PC monitor going black and displaying "Input Not Supported" whenever I attempt to play the game. Not sure why this is, it played fine before.

7. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    I had the same after one of the patches, I ended up rolling my graphics driver back a version...

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Back?
    I'm not sure I can still get the previous driver version, I'll have a look. I would surely have to upgrade eventually.

I assume there was not a major graphics overhaul of the game that made it beyond my PC's capabilities, it worked fine before the Expansion install (I haven't played it since before the launch date)

9. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Eventually, you probably would but until it is resolved it is worth a try?

Nvidia have old drivers available on their site, I would imagine AMD do as well.

My guild mate had the Star Wars TOR razer naga mouse and an in game update screwed that up beyond belief to the point where he left for guild wars 2 instead...

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    As a subscriber I have no wish to have it screw up so much I can't play it anymore.
    If it's a game bug then a fix should be brought out. Can't leave my card with outdated drivers indefinitely because a game that's not even very old won't deal with them.

Still, maybe if I go back to old drivers for a while it will have a fix by the time I switch back again.

11. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    ^^Exactly...

nVidia release driver updates pretty regularly, just go with the second latest update OR, if you haven't got the latest, try that...

12. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    New nvidia drivers have just been released, FYI, might be worth giving them a whirl?

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Installed the new drivers yesterday and the same thing still happens why I click Play.

I hope a rollback will work, can't see what else the problem is unless it's a glitch with the expansion.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Tried installing drivers from January

Still got monitor blackout

15. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Jeez, I don't know what else to suggest...

16. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Went browsing through the swtor forums and found this-
    Greetings All,

The following is for users who get the message "Input Not Supported" or "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display".

We are advising users against modifying the client_defaults.ini file as this can result in having to repair the game client, possibly incurring a relatively large download.

Instead please delete a file called client_settings.ini by default this file is found at c:\users\username\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\ settings

Thank you for Purchasing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

There were a few other suggestions (such as altering an .ini file or something like that), but this was the official customer service suggestion. You can browse the swtor forums or search through with google for some other possible tips, I think.

Jedi_Matt likes this.
  17. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Awesome find if it works, nice one :)

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I managed to get it to work in Windowed Mode, which is at least something.

I'll try the above suggestion and see what happens with that, but I've been unable to find a folder called appdata going through my user folders on the C drvie

19. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Ahh...

AppData is a hidden folder...

From within Windows Explorer, click on Organize > Folder and Search Options... > Choose the View tab > Choose the option to Show hidden files, folders and drives.

Click 'Apply' and 'Apply to Folders', then click OK. The AppData folder should now become visible...