main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Zaha can do both wings right? Because I think Young might do better next season if he doesn't get injured so much, which means we need someone to play on the right.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I need a Statto to do me a favour. Can you find out how many league matches David Moyes has WON at Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, and The Emirates?

I know games played is over 48, but how many of those have ended in glorious victory for this top manager?

3. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    That's a scary story. Particularly frightening: "Ricardo Portillo's daughters had begged him to stop refereeing in a soccer league because of the growing risk of violence from angry players. "

4. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I think the article said that it wasn't the first time that he had been attacked.

5. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
  6. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    As much as I don't want Moyes to leave, he's the best man for the United job by a huge distance.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Didn't Fergie mention during the Chelsea game that he wanted to stay a couple more years at least? He always said he would carry on as long as his health was good, and United would never fire him

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Hmmm, he said earlier this week that he was having an operation in the break, but was by no means considering leaving yet. He'll be there for a few more years yet.

9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Hopefully. He needs to bring Macheda through.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  10. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    The only manager talk we need to be discussing is Mourinho. Benitez said today that "There will be a new manager at Chelsea next year. And you all know who it's going to be". I hope it's true, but it could be a big LOL to the Chelsea fans that boo him.

11. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I really don't want Fergie to leave United.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Didn't Jose say the other day that he hadn't decided if he was going to leave Madrid?

Rafa is obviously leaving, he could win the CL and fans would still hate him so it's highly unlikely he'll stay even if Chelsea win the Europa League & get Top 4.
    His tinkering and odd tactical decisions must be very frustrating to fans.

Still, if not Mourinho who else would be good?

Why? So long as he's around Liverpool aren't going to win the league (not that they are likely to anyway) so it would suit them better if he did go.

13. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Jose with a last minute change of heart after hearing about SAF.

Benetiz gets another year as interim.

YHIHF.

14. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Because even though I'm a Liverpool fan, he's the only United manager I've ever known. To me, United is Fergie and vice versa. There's no doubt he's the greatest manager to have ever lived. Anything else is a downgrade and frankly that doesn't appeal to me.

Plus I would love to see us win the title with him still there.

15. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I looked it up. Moyes has won on each visit to Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and The Emirates. At Goodison his record is even better, winning twice in the same match every time Liverpool visited. The highlight came when Andy van der Meyde scored six goals after stumbling out of the pub.

16. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I can't knock the recent results under Rafa. It started awfully, and there were many problems when he first came, but the recent results have been good. First win at OT in 3 years, final of the Europa League,. But there have been awful results too. Losing to Swansea over 2 legs springs to mind.

But I cannot forgive Rafa for the stuff he said about Chelsea back in the day. He is a bell-end of the highest order and the sooner the club is rid of him, the better. They say no player is more important than the club, but that goes for managers too. I don't care what we've achieved under his short spell (which is currently nothing), I can't wait til he's gone. It's not "Chelsea" with Rafa in it

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's even better than I hoped! Ten more years!

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    What did he say?

19. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    I would be worried by a) lack of European experience and b) lack of experience with handling a big budget/egos.

I'd prefer Jose or Klopp.

20. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Moyes is the natural successor to Wenger. Neither spends any money.

21. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Yes, please, please, PLEASE take him back from Stuttgart. He's crap even compared to the rest of our squad.

Mourinho is definitely leaving Madrid, he hates it there, and they hate him. Would be huge LOL@Chelsea, though, if he headed to Manchester instead of Stamford Bridge, though.

IF Ferguson really is going, we'll likely find out this afternoon, the Club would have to make an announcement by the time the NYSE opens ass their a listed company.

22. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Ferguson retirement confirmed.

Wow. Can't help but wonder if the timing is related to Mourinho's likely availability. I have a feeling that by the end of the month, Roper will be on suicide watch.

23. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Told ya.

And I'll be with Roper

24. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    The big question with Mourinho is one of money. If Real fire him, they have to pay him €10mil. If he quits to go elsewhere, the team that hires him will have to buy out his contract. My understanding is that there's no fixed sum, and would have to be negotiated. So, if Roman does get him back, he'll have paid a total of over 20 mil GBP to give Mourinho a 4 year sabbatical in Milan and Real.

I have a feeling Jose's going to Manchester, though, based on what he's said, and also for the opportunity to really stick it to Roman one last time.

We'll be in touch with our wife to set up the keylogger on your computer to look for words like suicide, rope, cyanide, carbon monoxide, etc.

Darth_Omega and halibut like this.
  25. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Benitez to United. Benitez to United. Benitez to United. Benitez to United. Benitez to United. Benitez to United.

Darth_Omega and yankee8255 like this.