main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is anyone else going to cry?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Porkins4Ever, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Somebody get this man a pizza cone, STAT!!!!

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Gee, I wonder why...

Myke: that gif warrants a big "Oh hell..."

eht13 likes this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That gif is from the final scene of TCW in case you didn't see that episode.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nobody watches TCW unless they want a good cry on how awful it is.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  5. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    That was Hayden's worst acting performance in episode 2

6. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    They shouldn't had to aplogize. They should have stood by their padawan from the start. It was wrong and they knew it. Only Anakin knew the right course of action!

:cool:

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Why should they have stood by her? Running like hell when confronted is not the behavior of an innocent person. And why should they not have expected the Republic to give her a fair trial?

Hindsight is always 20/20 and always fun, but I think people expect a lot of omniscience among the Jedi and then behave as if they are terrible people because they are not omniscient.

If the Jedi could have known that, one, Barriss was guilty, and two, that the "trial" would essentially be a farce, then I would agree, they should have stood by her from the start.

Anakin's unwavering loyalty to the people he likes, is an emotional reaction, not a logical one or necessarily always the right one.

8. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Well my kids love TCW and they are pretty disappointed that the next is the last season. The ST are a hugh concellation but they are still bumbed. So somebody was watching.

[face_shame_on_you]

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My older son watched it with me but I'm not sure he even knows it's been cancelled. He hasn't asked me when the next episode is coming. My younger son watched a few episodes and didn't like it.

10. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Cause was she was being acused of was not in her character. She had never given them the reason to even suspect that she would do something like that. They should had withheld judgement until the trail and all the facts were in. They basically hung her out to dry.

[face_sigh]

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, well, they made that mistake once.

"Dooku would never assassinate anyone. It's not in his character."

Blowing up the Temple wasn't in Barriss' character either. At all.

The criminal justice system can't be based on the premise of "I like her, she would never do that."

As far as withholding judgment until the trial--they had to allow her to actually have a trial first, which involved expelling her from the Order.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  12. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    She wasn't closing the hand on Anakin, She was closing the hand that represented the Jedi Order. They should had allowed the trial, but not kicked her out of the order prior to it. They should have waited to see whjere the chips fell. They acted in their own self interest.
    [face_talk_hand]

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Play the symbolism game all you want, but she was closing Anakin's hand, that's what I saw on screen.

Allowing the trial without expelling her wasn't an option. I'm assuming you saw the episodes in question--she could not be tried by the Republic as long as she was still a member of the Jedi Order.

Therefore, "waiting to see where the chips fell" also was not an option.

And acting in the self-interest of the other 10,000 members of the Order and of the Republic itself was a wee bit more important than acting in Ahsoka's interest.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  14. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    What they did, was the equivalent of kicking an police office off the force for being accused of murder. They neverdo that. They just suspend them and allow the trail to take its course.

[face_phbbbbt]

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't think there's an option for "suspending" people from the Jedi Order, I think the Jedi is either in or out. And if giving her a Republic trial while she's in, is not an option--and I got the definite impression that it wasn't--then the only other option was for her to be out.

Besides, what they did was as close to "suspending" her temporarily as they had, as they invited her back in when the trial was over, after which she pouted and sulked and walked away.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    She had outgrown the Order, anyhow. It was time for her to go fulfill her destiny as the living embodiment of the Force.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Apparently.

Episode VII will open with her hanging out on Craptis.

I won't cry, but I'll throw Diet Coke at the screen.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  18. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    There's always an option. It felt, looked, sounded and even smelled of betrayal. By that point, they had allowed the shroud of the dark side to cloud their mind so deeply, that even the simplest of decisions where being made in haste and incorrectly. It was wrong, they knew it and it backed fire on them.

[face_sigh]

19. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Yeah, What he said!

:-B

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    What does betrayal smell like? The cologne of a thousand ex'es?

I don't know how you can say that the Jedi "knew it was wrong" while at the same time saying that the Dark Side clouded their minds. Does not compute.

You seem to be again proposing that they should have been omniscient when they weren't, as well as proposing that "there was always an option" when I refuted the option that you listed, let her have a trial without expelling her.

Dude...

[​IMG]

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  21. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Now why would you want to waste a perfectly good Diet Coke?

[face_thinking]

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It's cheap and makes a non-caloric sticky mess.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  23. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Hey its that guy thats dating that blond in that show that references Star Wars and just about everything we Nerds can't live without.

:-B

24. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Yeah bringing Maul back was a pretty bad decision even CHD (Crazy Hair Dude) above knows that!
    :oops:

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'll cry if Koothrappali doesn't make a cameo in Episode VII.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.