main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Technology in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by chris hayes, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crankcase

Crankcase Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2012
    The main image of the article is used just for reference of tie fighters. It has nothing to do with Filoni's statement.

2. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Love the Tie Fighters. Nothing says Star Wars to me quite like a Tie Fighter

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]
    I still have my random white TIE Fighter...

4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I get what you're saying, but I still wouldn't rule out a series set after ROTJ. They may just be drawing a classical TIE-FIGHTER because it's just that, a classic. Of all the TIE models it's the most familiar and iconic to general audiences. That may be all they're going for. Start with something people know and then reintroduce the other models later in the series. Just a thought.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    And BTW, this news is enTIEcing! Zing! :D

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But it could also be getting blown enTIErely out of proportion, too. :p

7. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Man, George Takei has nothing on us. Or is it TIEkei?

Ryus, Darth Chiznuk and eht13 like this.
  8. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    A new animated series to TIE up the lose ends[face_dancing]

eht13, Ryus, Darth Chiznuk and 2 others like this.
  9. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    I look forward to seeing the Tie Fighters and there iconic scream sound when they attack.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  10. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Unless they just ignore things like Tie Defenders.

11. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    How many books post RotJ have featured X-wings on the cover? Shouldn't the Republic have had new fighres and not old out-dated Tie-Fighters?

12. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Now that EA has taken up the SW gaming mantle, I wonder if we'll ever see an XvT II...

Hoping against hope, but ya know... it might happen. Even with their near 20 year old graphics, TIE Fighter and XvT are still great games to play.

Having them brought forward into the era of modern quad-core gigahertz PC's and graphics cards, HD gaming consoles (360 / 720, PS3 / PS4) and online gaming would be wicked awesome.

And then there's things like the Oculus Rift coming down the pike... this is a great time to be alive in the world of gaming, and a new iteration of the classic SW space fighter combat games would be absolutely perfect.

Look at the trailer here for EVR. It's an EVE Universe starfighter sim designed to be played via the Rift. This gives an idea of the potential there is now for an absolutely incredible SW fighter combat game, if only they see fit to develop one (the game footage starts about 30 seconds in to the video):

13. Darthchrontis

Darthchrontis Jedi Padawan

Feb 25, 2013
    Perhaps it is an upcoming clone wars plot. Think about it the designs for the Death Star pre date the clone wars. Logically so would the tie fighters... Or am I wrong and the clone wars has ceased production?

14. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The DS isn't something you whip up a cadfile of and then rapid prototype in an hour, or a couple of days, or a week.

The first DS was keel-laid already by the end of RoTS. It wasn't ready for its first test shot until 19 years later.

TIE Fighters are... rather more simple to design and manufacture.

15. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009

The Eta Interceptor and the V-wing from episode III are both ships that contribute to the eventually production of the TIE fighter. The Ball shaped cockpit for the Eta Interceptor and the panels from the V-wing(the rest of the Clone Wars era V-wing design is close to the OT's a-wing.

16. Darthchrontis

Feb 25, 2013
    But they are still making the TV show? So perhaps this will be in one of the big arcs for the end of the show?

But of course I'd be happier if this sketch is for the new show in development.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    No, they're no longer producing episodes. They're trying to figure out how to release the things that were finished before the plug was pulled.

Darthchrontis likes this.
  18. Darthchrontis

Feb 25, 2013
    Well bravo! Tie fighters are always something to be excited about.

19. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I predict nothing comes of this sketch, and it has nothing to do with Episode VII or whatever the new animated TV show is (if that even happens). This is just the May 4th "announcement" all over again.

20. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    If there was one thing TCW used religiously from the EU, it was ship designs and TIE Defenders just look amazing. I'd wadger if their is an Imperial Remenant of some kind or another that design will eventually make an appearance. The question is will it be as fierce as the EU Legend of that fighter was.

21. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I never thought about gluing them in. I got to where I would stick the mounts in upside down to make them get stuck.

22. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Oh look, yet another article that tries to generate Episode VII news from nothing.:mad:I wish websites would stop pulling stuff out of their ***es just to get a few quick hits. I mean come on, we haven't even heard rumors that the Empire, or what's left of it, will be in Episode VII. IMO there's a good chance that this new cartoon could also be set sometime during the OT era. Or maybe this is set post-ROTJ/pre-ST with the Empire as the threat during the cartoon while someone else is the ST antagonist(s). This reminds me of how Yavin IV was supposedly connected to the ST a month or so ago only to get shot down.

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Do we even know for certain there's going to be a cartoon of any kind?

Incidentally, I'll second the desire to see TIE Defenders brought to the big, or at least small, screen.

24. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    That animated series could very well bridge the gap between the OT and ST...there's nothing to say that the Empire was erradicated instantly after the events of ROTJ. Sure the emperor, Vader, and Death Star were destroyed-but there was still pretty much the entire imperial starfleet, and all of its forces, which were "spread throughout the galaxy, in a vain effort to engage [the rebellion]." Which implies that there were more.

Given that idea, I'd imagine the work of defeating the Empire once and for all was far from over. It could've taken YEARS to completely erradicate all of the imperial forces, and even BEGIN to develop the governmental structure of the "new republic."

25. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.