main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion & Camp Cretaceous

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBoba, Jun 18, 2011.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    As long as he gets shocked on an electric fence again.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Better to have him conquer electric fences and avoid electrocution but still manage to have a jeep fall on him.

"What is it with cars?!"

DarthBoba likes this.
  3. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Thanks for the correction. I knew it was something along those lines.

DarthBoba likes this.
  4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Not a problem. :) That Deinonychus was lumped in with another animal actually annoys me; Deinonychus was a big freaking deal scientifically-it's discovery is why we experienced the revolution in how dinosaurs were thought of, and that is why we have Jurassic Park at all.

5. Camarasaur8

Camarasaur8 Jedi Master

Mar 24, 2013
    Anyone else hope that Biosyn, the rival genetics company from the novels and the first film, will have a role in IV? I've always thought that Lewis Dodgson would have made the perfect villain for The Lost World movie, as he was in the book.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's definitely one plot line I'm surprised they haven't used yet.

7. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I honestly always thought the whole Biosyn was an unfortunate complication in the books (and jeez is that name heavy handed with a capital heavy handed, or what?) that Spielberg was wise to jettison.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's the impetus behind everything that's happened in a JP story so far. I'd hardy call that a distraction. That they would stop, especially after the decline of InGen, is unlikely.

9. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Well, I should clarify: I think it worked as an impetus, and it works as such in the first film: a representative of a nameless corporation who wants to stal dinosaur embryos. And that's where it should have ended, because after what happened at Jurassic Park, it no longer makes sense for Biosyn to want to steal the dinosaurs anymore, other than that they are an EVIL corporation out for PROFIT. Only I can't figure out how they're going to profit from breeding several species of extinct animals without full on aping Ingen's JP plan, but that kind of seems like a no go.

To be honest, this opinion might be formed by my complete apathy towards anything that happens in either versino of The Lost World. Both book and movie seemed like a futile exercise in cashing in on a popular property, and there's way in which I think the book is almost worse in that regard than the movie. Then again, my appreciation of Crichton has diminished steadily over the years, so your mileage may vary.

10. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I have no issue with seeing Biosyn try something, but as LowBudget said it does seem to have little purpose now.

We saw people trying to take Dinosaurs from Site B to make into attractions in TLW, that failed and made the public wary of Dinosaurs no doubt. Seem odd to want to try that again, unless they perhaps want to go with the arc that went throughout the Alien movies and try to engineer them as a weapon of some kind.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    JP4 on hold/cancelled?

No more Dinosaurs for a while it seems. A shame, though I can't say I'm that surprised. The whole thing seemed rushed from the outset which suggested there would be issues.

13. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Rule of thumb: Whenever a news title has a question mark, the answer is "no". The article was actually quite hopeful. But I don't think that it's going to come June next year if there's even a little restructuring in the crew.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Well, they didn't even have a cast or script or director, but said it would be released in less than 18 months, so I'm not surprised that it's delayed.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It did seem foolish to set a release date so soon with so much to do, a delay at least means it may turn out better in the end.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Disappointed that JP IV was put on hold, they do have a director, that's about it but god dang it

17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    If they delay it to 2015 I swear...

eht13 likes this.
  18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    You need 2-3 years to put a big budget movie together. So, once they announce they have a cast and a script and when they'll begin shooting, add 2 years to that.

It probably won't come out until 2016. Which is fine with me. After waiting so long, I'm fine with waiting a little longer if it means we won't have a crappy rushed movie.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They should just keep delaying it until scientists can actually clone dinosaurs, so it'll be the first movie with real dinosaurs. Then it'll all go horribly wrong, and it'll become the first legit found-footage film.

20. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    The image quality would be poor, and there would be so much screaming that we could barely hear the music.

A director commentary from the future: "You'd think that now that we have real dinosaurs the movies are very realistic. But a real T-Rex doesn't look real on film. We had to paint it blue. And Velociraptors drop feathers everywhere, and every time we start shooting they hide and attack one of the cameramen instead of the actors, so we had to remove them from the film. We lost twenty interns and I hurt my leg when I tripped one that run faster than I."

21. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Official statement from Universal on the status of Jurassic Park IV.

http://www.universalpictures.com/news/Universal_Announcemenet_JP4_1.pdf
    May 8, 2013
    Statement from Universal Pictures – JURASSIC PARK 4
    In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release Jurassic Park 4 at a
    later date giving the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best
    possible version of the fourth installment in Universal’s beloved franchise. We could not
    be more excited about the vision that Colin Trevorrow has created for this film, and we
    look forward to watching as he and the producers create another great chapter in this
    franchise's storied history.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/universal-delays-jurassic-park-4-release-1200477065/

Even with a script being worked out, the studio had begun meeting with actors and had focused on thesps such as Bryce Dallas Howard and David Oyelowo as front-runners to join the cast. The idea was once a script was done and green light given that offers could be given out immediately and production get under way without any worry of getting off schedule due to casting meetings.
    While delays are never a good thing, this is hardly a troubling sign for the production but more of the fact that Universal may have simply gotten too far ahead of themselves when setting the original date.
    Colin Trevorrow will helm the pic and is currently rewriting the script with his writing partner Derrick Connelly who he worked with on his Sundance hit “Safety Not Guaranteed.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jurassic-park-4-universal-puts-519479
    With Jurassic Park 4, Trevorrow, producer Frank Marshall and a crew have been working towards a June 24 start. Trevorrow is living in Hawaii and had been there for quite some time, working with his Safety Not Guaranteed writer Derek Connolly on a new script.
    But the studio only received their draft two days ago, according to several sources.

The move put in motion the studio development process and a new round of budgeting.

It became clear that the start date and the release date would not be met under the new scenario and rather than risk the situation, Universal decided to postpone its much-needed franchise player.

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Star Wars will be next, always a problem setting a release time/date when you have almost no development on the movie.

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But they have a script and cast and locations for Star Wars, they're just holding off on announcements until the summer for some reason. Though I wouldn't mind if it was pushed back a year too, nbd.

24. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
  25. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Bryce, huh? sounds like perfect casting for grown-up Lex.