main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Oh FFS, it's from 1988! And it's not like she murdered somebody or anything! Good grief.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    One would think that to be the case. However, since this campaign has been about 1% substance, 99% piling on personal attacks (be it "you're a scumbag who cheated on his wife" or "you're a moocher trying to get a political office off your brother's celebrity"), it's the norm. This has really been a dreadful race with two very poor candidates.

The best news is that the winner will have to face the music next November, this is only for half of Tim Scott's term. So hopefully we'll get a better candidate from the opposition party- at this point, the party doesn't concern me, just an alternative to these two would be nice.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Make the pain stop.

Seriously, as party chair, you've been handed a huge opportunity to steal a firmly Republican seat when the GOP runs possibly the worst Republican candidate in the country with enough baggage to sink a star destroyer.

And you do this.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Gonna be a very intersting day tomorrow. BENGHAZI.

6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Polls just closed in the SC-1 race- when I voted, turnout was incredibly light. Stormed all morning. Those usually mean an uptick in GOP results, but who knows.

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Race called for Mark Sanford. 10% up with 75% in, biggest precinct for ECB came in early, way too much to overcome. GOP holds the district.

People of the district will get bashed, of course, but at the end of the day, the Democrats ran a horrible campaign with an empty candidate. Nobody to blame but themselves, this is an opportunity lost.

Edit- ECB concession speech sounds like it has about 8 audience members. Yikes.

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    :(

Well, at least we'll be able to keep watching the unfolding Tragedy/Comedy called Mark Sanford's Life.

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    So, watching Faux News and listening to Limbaugh and Beck; they were all so ready for this giant bomb to be dropped concerning Benghazi. AND....

Nothing. Nothing happened. They said their bits, there was no bombshell.

10. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    They don't seem to notice or care that no one else gives a flying **** about Benghazi. The Republicans are very cynical, but this pushing of Benghazi is their current Pièce de résistance.

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    To listen to those I mentioned in my last post you'd think Obama called the people in the building and said, "Phhhtt, piss off and die."

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    UGH! Yeah, I figured this would be a non - starter, but seriously with so many other stories in the world today, what does FOX choose to focus on all freaking day?! Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi.

At this point I want Benghazi to be the banned word of 2013. Fox has driven it into the ground at this point.

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    So Mark Sanford got re-elected. Tomorrow he is in court for trespassing on the property of his ex wife.

14. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    So between this:

And this:

And, unconscionably, this:

What the kriff am I still doing living in this godforsaken, backwards state? I swear if I had the funds and the ability to just uproot my life, I would move to Europe and never look back.

South Carolina, be proud: Your ignominy pretty much makes you the most backwards state in an already backwards nation. :oops:

VadersLaMent likes this.
  15. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    almost all southern states are like this.. Theyre the ones single handedly ruining this country... Going against the majority and on top of all that theyre anti science, anti women, and anti education

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  17. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    AHAHAHA the party of family values voted in Mark Sanford... the south really is ass backwards..

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Huckabee actually said that this Benghazi thing will result in Obama not finishing his term. [face_laugh]

^I hope those voting rates continue as far as total turnout goes. 126 million people voted and the votes between the candiates were only separated by less than 3 million votes.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    You mean that impeachment thing was an actual quote? I thought the twitter post I saw it on was paradying it.:oops:

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It was his own voice played back on the radio. He could have meant impeachment or just Obama resigning.

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Obama won't be resigning and he'll never be removed from office so long as Democrats control the Senate. But the House is just crazy enough to try and impeach him.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Even if some of them tried to bring up articles of impeachment against Obama (again), I think Boehner realizes, at least, how stupid it would make them all look.

24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Oh I'm sure he would. And there may still be enough sane Republicans in the House to stop it. But I'm sure there are enough crazies that will try. If they can keep trying to repeal Obamacare, I really don't find it a stretch for them to try and impeach Obama as well.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Sad, but true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.