main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star wars disney theme park?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by kameron b, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kameron b

kameron b Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2012
    omg. the possibilities are endless. The best theme park company could make a star wars themed park. what would you want to see? I would want to go inside the millennium falcon.

Amon_Amarth and obi-rob-kenobi4 like this.
  2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I think this is better suited in Star Wars Community. :)

3. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    A full size cantina complete with guys in Bith suits playing "that song". Oh, and blue milk. I've always wanted to try that stuff.

4. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Listen to the force cast everybody. Its defiantly going to happen.

And I think its absolutely wonderful.@};-=D=

Its not going to just be "a theme park" its a REAL DEAL full Disney park.

Just imagine...it means George Lucas and his Star Wars creation immortalized for a LONG Time for decades to come.

A statue of George Lucas holding Yoda's hand and "pointing". Just like the one of Walt Disney and Micky mouse.

For fans it cant be denied that this was a fitting and classy way to send off Star Wars by its creator at the end of his life before he died.

This is the thought that should make those who consider themselves "true SW fans" feel at peace. Much like its compassionate buddhist creator is at peace with it.

Its the big picture people. George Lucas always thought in terms of the bigger picture.

@};-

5. kameron b

kameron b Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2012
    sorry it's been a while since ive used the forum.

6. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Its going to happen in Disneyland Califirnia!

7. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    So hold on a sec, is this actually happening? If so, YES!

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This would be cool.

9. RebelBird631

RebelBird631 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2013
    Well first of all, Disney wouldn't do an entire theme park based on Star Wars, but they should do a land. BC that's pretty much how they are when it comes to the difference between parks/lands/attractions. They have an entire themed park, and create certain lands/areas that fit into the theme of the park, and then make attractions from movies, tv shows, etc. that fit into the main central theme of the land. Somebody mentioned earlier about DL California..the problem is there's not much room for expansion in DL unless they wiped out certain areas of California Adventure... I could see it happening in WDW though, the area behind Rock n' Roller Coaster(Where Jaba's Hutt is during Star Wars Weekends) is HUGE and pretty much just wastted space. If you look at aerial shots of it there's nothing there. it's just a huge empty parking lot. IMO, this would be perfect for a star wars based land. and plus, it fits into the theme of Hollywood Studios.

A perfect example would be what Disneyland just did with Cars. They made a Carsland in California Adventure...granted, I realize the Star Wars Universe is on a much larger scale than Cars, but it's the same frame of mind for the imagineers

10. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    DL would be awesome, since that's where I live, but I'd go to Florida if necessary. I agree that a Land is probably more on the scale of what Disney is looking at. If anything, just to test it out first. Frankly, I don't see how well Cars Land is going to do. I've been there a few times, and I'm already bored of it.

11. NoChesterHester

NoChesterHester Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Cars Land has turned that moribund park into a juggernaut that competes in attendance with Disneyland. It will hold up well because for the first time Disneyland is becoming a resort destination rather than just the worlds most famous regional park.

Disneyland Paris is currently rumored to receive the first Star Wars Mini Land, but there are building rumors of something major in Florida. Disney's bug convention is in August. They will likely reveal new plans then.

12. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    They already have the Death Star at Epcot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.