main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I knew he didn't like the PT, but as far as I'm aware he doesn't have the power to cancel TCW.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    A mere director doesn't have the power to cancel or demand the cancellation of TCW. :rolleyes:

It would have been a Disney or a Kathleen Kennedy decision. Nothing to do with Abrams.

3. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    That was most likely part of their agreement back while they were negotiating for him to direct Ep VII.

4. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! You are talking rubbish and you know it. Any director that demands a cartoon show to be cancelled because they didn't like the PT is not worth the time to be negotiated with. Don't be silly and don't be ridiculous.

5. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    Well you are free to stay in denile and and turn a blind eye to the fact that Abrams is a jerk and is far from being a friend to Star Wars. Yes he does praise the OT and wants to steer the franchise back to that style and tone if he is to put his name on as director. He (in his opinion) hated TCW and doesn't want that series to continue tarnishing Star Wars now that his name is on it. He wanted it off the air.

I on the other hand, take pride and courage to know the truth about Abrams so I guess we'll have to respectfully agree to disagree

6. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    while we are chatting about JJ i watched star trek wednesday and dispite not likeing the francise i actually enjoyed his film and thought the humour and the way the characters acted towards each other was brilliant, just like th OT
    looking forward to into darkness something i thought i would never say or admit to
    JJ will make the ST in his own way and looking at his work so far im looking forward to it more than anything.!!

V-2 likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It's a vast anti-PT conspiracy involving many members of the vast entertainment industry complex, including the entirety of the Disney staff, Marvel and DC Comics, Warner Bros, Paramount Pictures and all the FCC types they have in their pockets.

[Danny Kaffee paraphrase] Maybe if we work hard enough, we can get Abrams accused of the Kennedy assassination. [/Kaffee paraphrase]

8. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Just one simple question. One quick thing and me and probably others could hop onto your idea Jinn-N-Tonic

Show us the evidence.

9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    So I received a letter in the mail from Kathleen Kennedy in response to my plea to keep the show in production to wrap up the story. I know others like Mike who hosts the petition got the same letter around the same time, I'm sure they were all printed and sent together. Anyhow it just said they made the decision to wind down the Clone Wars to focus on Ep 7 but that Filoni is working on a new animated series in an era untouched previously by movies or tv. It also said he was bringing some of his Clone Wars crew with him to the new series, which was encouraging.

Basically nothing new here except mention of his crew. Nice to get some freaking response I guess. She didn't even mention the "bonus content" so as usual they are all over the place with their communication on that... and this being the week they debuted the Plo Koon clip. She did not leave the door open for any kind of appeal to the fans on wrapping the Clone Wars itself, she only said she appreciated the incredible flood of passionate responses received since they made the announcement. Overall a typical corporate response, but at least not horrible, and this does not affect my actions on continuing to let them know we wish to get a conclusion for the story arcs.

May the 4th be with you my fellow campaigners, and let's give them a Revenge of the 5th with #SaveTheCloneWars twitter campaign at 11:30 Central time tomorrow!

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That's really cool you got a response even if its some generic thing and very much BSNS. I didn't think anyone would get any sort of reply unless they had a press badge. I wonder if myself and my friends I sent letters for will get some responses, LOL. Sounds like some bonified damage control. I don't normally like boycotts but I wonder if the though has crossed their minds sitting up their in glass towers. I think the size of the fandom gives it an unusual edge. Encouraging to know Filoni is bringing in more of his TCW crew. Would have been more encouraging to get some info on the freaking bonus material. I hoped Star Wars Day would bring some. The count down to SWW begins now.

QuangoFett likes this.
  11. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Unfortunately, the only things Star Wars Day brought us were the nightmarish Disney Themeparks pins with 1) Stitch as Yoda and 2) Stitch as Palpatine and Goofy as Vader ...

12. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I got the same thing. Not sure if the signature is real or if it's auto-signed.
    [​IMG]

InterestingLurker likes this.
  13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Provide a link to where he has said that or it didn't happen. If that is his opinion and has admitted it, we would be familiar with it by now.

14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yup that's the same one I got. Looking closely at her sig, it looks to be machine signed, not surprising as I'm sure there were many to send to us. Just adds to the credence that there was a big outpouring of support, which is good!

Wonder if Iger will refuse to send out replies to the ones addressed to him, "you deal with this Kennedy, I have to go plan my next takeover."

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I did get two of these for a batch of letters I sent. Surprised I got that much. It does make me more confident that the thing TFN reported that their wasn't much of an outpouring for TCW was a crock. We wouldn't be getting anything if there was such a small response.

Kennedy: "Just you wait Igar, Disney shall be mine!" -evulz laugh.-

16. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Yep, I received the same letter.

It's cool that that they took the time to reply, even if it was an auto generate. It doesn't look like it will change anything, but at least they have on record how many people wrote in, vs just throwing our letters in the dumpster.

Watto likes this.
  17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Agreed. It was acknowledgment that was sorely lacking until now. #savetheclonewars officially recognized!

hlc88 likes this.
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm impressed that you guys got that letter. But I wouldn't personally conclude from that that your petition and letters will have any real effect beyond this prompting of an acknowledgment of your concerns and feelings about the cancellation. In other words, I think that letter may be it. Still curious to hear about the "bonus content", though.

19. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I doubt it would get the series renewed but it might give Disney/Kennedy the incentive to have more arcs finished off then they originally to, possibly.

20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yes, that's all that's realistic is to hope that the campaign motivates them to make as many of the planned episodes as possible, and hopefully put some kind of conclusion together. It's hard to say what impact we have had specifically with the letter-writing and online activity, but I'd rather be optimistic and continue to express our passion for the series. And it's nice to hear already that we are getting more content than we originally thought.

V-2, hlc88, Seerow and 2 others like this.
  21. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    And we know there are more episodes that have probably been made/in the process of animating. I'd rather be optimistic too.

22. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    The idea that Abrams is personally behind the cancellation is about as logical as me being President Obama's illegitimate son. Abrams is far from the only person who felt that the prequels are lacking in comparison to the original trilogy.

That was cool that you got a letter back! Some of the crew staying, that's nice. I'm most anxious about bonus content news though.

V-2, eht13 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  23. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    How would you guys feel about the studio recordings of non-animated episodes being released as audios? There might have to be some extra narration over action sequences and other mainly visual bits (Tom Kane would be my choice).

Does anyone know if the non-animated episodes have been scored? I'd expect the music to be the last thing to be added.

24. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    You mean like a radio play? That could be interesting, though I'd prefer them released concurrently with an accompanying comic or graphic novella (that way, you won't need additional narration). It's certainly much better than getting nothing at all for those non-animated but fully recorded episodes.

Unfortunately, no idea about the scoring of these non-animated episodes, but you're probably correct to assume that music is last to be added. Is Kiner still working for Lucasfilm, or did he get the pink slip?

25. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Radio plays, yes. I suggested narration because it would be easier and cheaper than rewriting and rerecording the dialogue for audio...

Accompanying pictures is a cute idea. Read-Along Adventures, anyone? Turn the page when you hear this sound... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.