main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The new characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by newdawn12, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    What do you want the next generation of characters to be like, let's forget about the EU, there will be no Ben, Jaina, jace, or anakin, because George didn't create them, we know that he started the treatments, in 2008, and he said Luke doesn't get marriedso no Mara jade, Ben, or future Skywalkers, Luke is the last one tone to have the name Skywalker in the Star Wars Saga. We know he made, and included the new characters from his treatments. What kind of next generation do you think George Lucas would create?

Evil--Yoda likes this.
  2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Probably a Han/Leia kid or Luke's kid. IDK if they'll have the new main not be directly connected *bloodline wise* but who knows. They might feel like there is more freedom with a character not directly related to the past characters so they wont have to rely on the past characters to make us like them *like "This is Luke's kid. You like Luke so you're going to like this kid. Got it?!*. IDK...my money is just on some new skywalker kid. I dont see them using EU characters. Sorry

3. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    How would you have him, have a kid?

4. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Do you have any sources for any of that? As far as I can tell, no one knows when Lucas started the current treatments that are being used for the ST. It can be assumed that they're at least partially a new creation, however, Lucas has had plans to do a ST in one form or another since the mid-70s, and a version that involves reuniting the OT cast when they're much older since 1983. As far as I can tell, he has never confirmed one way or another whether or not Luke would be married or whether or not the EU characters would be included.

5. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Evil--Yoda and Darth Claire like this.
  6. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    From about 1999 until 2012, Lucas said similar things in many interviews about how we were never going to get sequels, and that after Episode III, Star Wars was essentially dead. Obviously, this turned out not to be the case (thanks to the Disney deal), so I wouldn't put much credence in those statements. As for Lucas using the EU, again, I'd say this interview doesn't really confirm anything. Lucas personally used a few EU characters and concepts in The Clone Wars which happened after that interview. At one point he was even going to use Darth Bane (Lucas coined the name, but it was the EU format Bane) and Darth Revan, but decided not to at the last second. The guy constantly changes his mind.

7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Sources tell me Will Smith will play Lando's son while Jaiden will be the grandson. Bank on it!

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Man, there better be kids - a whole lot of 'em, too. Well, several would do. I can't imagine there not being any more kids than that, and that's including Luke's and Lando's. If Luke doesn't have at least one son, I'll be pissed. I want the Skywalker name to be carried down.

TreborSabreon, Ryus and Jobertus like this.
  9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I just want more scoundrels. :)

10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Disney bought the whole kit and kaboodle. They'll make it work. They no longer have three universes. They have one. They'll use it, I'm sure.

Look at Lucas's track record. Indy had a son. It's all about the next generation for Lucas and Disney. Without them, there is no ST. Original story? Who knows what it will be exactly, but it's still a possibility the EU will be included. I feel like GL was moving that way anyway. Didn't he include Quinlan Vos in the TPM?

Ryus likes this.
  11. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    For me anyway, any hint of a Will Smith role will most definitely stop me from watching the new films, however excited i am at the moment. Please no! if that does happen, thats one less ST fan. Why would Will smith be even considered, surely.

12. Evil--Yoda

Evil--Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 11, 2012
  13. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    I want the "new big three" to be two women and a man, and include some combination of the following: Han and Leia's daughter, an alien (Twi'lek!), a scoundrel, a Jedi, a pilot, and someone who is not Caucasian. :D

For EU cameos: Wedge Antilles, Corran and Mirax Horn, Mara Jade. Also, lots of aliens, half of the characters female, and silver, yellow, and orange lightsabers should be canon (silver and yellow made it into the last episode of Clone Wars, but not orange.) I think that covers everything. :)

EU stuff began creeping in during the Prequels. I believe the ability to deflect Force-lightning with a lightsaber came out of a Timothy Zahn book.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    In that scenario, the guy needs to be rescued in all 3 films...

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I want more smuggler, bounty hunter type characters. Show the Underworld!
    Show more aliens
    Have different lightsaber designs.
    etc.

Jabari likes this.
  16. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Jedi Jawa anyone?

17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Nah, give me a Zilkin Jedi instead, complete with a lightsaber appropriate to his or her...stature. :p

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Now this is a story
    All about how
    My life got flip turned upside down
    And I'd like to spend a minute feeling real ****y
    While I explain how my dad Lando lost Cloud City.

19. DARTH-FURBABY

DARTH-FURBABY Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2004
    Alex Feola wrote:

" because George didn't create them, we know that he started the treatments, in 2008, and he said Luke doesn't get marriedso no Mara jade, Ben, or future Skywalkers, Luke is the last one tone to have the name Skywalker in the Star Wars Saga."

"How would you have him, have a kid?"

Did Lucas actually say that Luke would have no children or is that your inference? Remember, the Ep. 7 is supposed to take place some 30-40 years after ROTJ, plenty of time for Luke to have married in the past, had some kids and is now widowed with grown children.

20. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Quinlan had little to do with George. He was an unnamed background character in TPM that John Ostrander & Jan Duursema used to create Quinlan.

That said Lucas did include Quinlan in TCW, plus a bunch of other EU stuff in the films. And he changed a lot of EU stuff as well.

21. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Why? Can't they all take turns getting rescued like Luke, Leia, and Han?

22. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I agree and more telling just look at the context of Lucas's 'luke doesnt get married' quote. Its in reference to the series ending with Return of the Jedi, which we now know is false now [face_laugh]. Even more telling is Lucas actual comment on the matter given in 1988 where 'Luke would have a romantic relationship with a female love interest' given in "George Lucas: Father of the Force". Starlog #127, February 1988.

23. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Lucas said alot of things to get the world to belive there was nothing after VI, and now look we will get movies based on his story whats going to happen after VI.
    Also George Lucas have brought in ALOT of things from EU to the PT and TCW. And Disney know by now how importen certain EU characters are. I mean half the people
    at conventions dress up as EU characters, Jaina, Mara etc. If they ignore all the EU they know very well how it will anger all the hardcore fanbase that keep the star wars community going
    with podcasts, fansites, buyers of EU novels etc that all sell very well.I dont think they will be that stupid when getting epi VII right wih the fans will be a top priority.

But we will see.

24. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I heard, somewhere, that he really loved that character.

25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I hate that crap. A lot of EU writers did that stuff, which is why I despise a lot of it.

Wow! He looks cool! Let's make him a Jedi! Foohoohoohoo.

Yeah, they'll love it! But how do we explain why he just sat there and did nothing to help Qui-Gon?!

Who cares! Foohoohoohoo....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.