main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    TIE Fighter? What are you trying to tell us, Dave? Ahsoka fell in the ol' gravity well and Rhett's come to save her in his trusty dwarf-wing TIE?

Edit: Oh FRICK. Someone in the comments section posted something about the TIEs looking as though they had faces. WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN.

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Also possible that those are early model TIEs to appear in the Clone Wars series. I think it has already been established that TIEs existed then.

-PS Ok, I saw the latest clip, and let me just saw how much I loved the shot of the juggernaught moving through the blizzard.
    Whatever else you have to say about the show, it is a visual treat.

Also, I liked the phase 2 Clone-Snowtrooper design.

3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    There are already way too many* TIE prototypes... Not another one, please. Spare me.

*See here, here and here.

4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    But that's the great thing about Filoni. His revisions sweep all the others into the refuse pile. Wait until he tells the REAL story about the Death Star plans!

WMIRTUTSF, Zorrixor, Esg and 2 others like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

Esg likes this.
  6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Personally, I'm much more interested in knowing how Boba Fett really got out of the sarlacc.

7. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Let me guess: that includes a former Togruta Jedi who secretly came out of hiding to help the Rebellion?

GGrievous and Esg like this.
  8. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I can see it now. A Kyle Katarn and Ahsoka team-up. In which we find out that Kyle grew his beard to honor Ahsoka's sacrifice.

Esg likes this.
  9. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I kinda like the fact that your post includes the words Ahsoka's sacrifice. And I'm sure HK-47 would have liked it too.

10. Grand Admiral Crumb

Grand Admiral Crumb Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2013
    No, don't give them ideas!

11. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I'm sure HK-47 would have "pushed" Ahsoka's sacrifice along, so to speak.

12. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    If the Great Ahsoka has to go out, what more fitting way is there than to go down taking out the Death Star? See, in this three part special, it's revealed that Luke's proton torpedo actually missed. Ahsoka, as always rising to the challenge, piloted her stealth X-Wing directly into the Death Star exhaust port, self-destructing and causing the entire space station to explode. Kyle, having supplied her with the X-Wing and having begun a brief affair with her, is the only one aware of her heroic sacrifice, and chooses to honor her with every Stormtrooper and Dark Jedi he kills.

Zorrixor, Robimus, Esg and 2 others like this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

14. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

15. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    I still don't get why everyone piles the hate on Dave Filoni. In no circumstances did he ever have final say on what went into the show. That would be Lucas.

And as far as EU stuff goes, from all indications, Filoni was the one who more often than not (at least early on) pushed for being more faithful to the EU, but was repeatedly shut down by Lucas--which was Lucas's prerogative.

I get that one should take ownership for the contents of any project they choose to participate in, and God knows I don't want to shut down the vitriolic Filoni-bashing only to have it replaced with equally vitriolic Lucas-bashing, but seriously, guys. It feels like you're taking this stuff personally.

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    This thread isn't big on rationality.

Grey1, DoubleSith and Random Comments like this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    One reason: Ahsoka. I can only speak for myself but "pet characters" irritate me. As far as Lucas, my understanding was that he wanted ole' Snips to buy the farm, and it was Filoni who wanted her to live.

I'm just wondering whose idea it was for Barriss to blow up the Temple. Filoni's commentary on "To Catch a Jedi" seemed like it was being done for shock value only.

Barriss_Coffee and Esg like this.
  18. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Pet characters irritate me, too, but Ahsoka really wasn't that bad outside of a handful of instances. Pet characters abound in the rest of the EU, but I've never seen the same level of venom spewed at any of those authors aside from one very obvious example whom I think we can leave aside in this discussion.

And it doesn't matter if Lucas originally wanted her to live or if he wanted her to die. He signed off and approved every single story beat involving her. He's the one who created her. Filoni was as surprised as we were to learn that Anakin had an apprentice.

DoubleSith likes this.
  19. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    For me, Filoni and the writers of TCW are just mediocre to average. Not even close to the worst thing on television, but pretty far off from the best, too. Not worth the energy to hate, and certainly not as bad as some claim, but I can't say I'll be able to summon any excitement seeing his name attached to a project.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree about pet characters dominating the EU; I'm thinking the obvious example you're thinking of, involves a pet army? My unpopular-in-Lit example would be Zahn and Thrawn.

I had no problem with Ahsoka's creation, I actually liked her the first couple of seasons , before the writers started throwing in our faces that she's awesome and brilliant and more mature than her Master and whatever whatever.

21. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

Gorefiend, Robimus and CeiranHarmony like this.
  22. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    If they wanted shock value it should have been Tera Sinube ;)

23. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    He clearly loved Ahsoka just based on his OOU comments.

"Han can't understand Chewie, but Ahsoka can!"
    "I wanted Ahsoka to be the one Jedi who got it(Republic corruption ruining the Jedi and such) and walked away"

Ahsoka got shoehorned into a lot of arcs that simply didn't make sense, like the baby Jedi arc in Season 5 . She just happened to get recruited by Filoni's favorite character. Killed four Mandalorians in one blow. Survived several encounters with General Grievous. She is allowed to single handedly destroy a Republic/CIS peace negotiation for a cease fire, with permission from Padme, because her boy friend gets arrested, and it is legitimized as being completely logical when it clearly isn't. Lots of stuff like that.

Yes, there are a lot of authors with pet characters in the EU - but I don't see how that excuses Filoni & Ahsoka. An I actually like Ahsoka's character, but I do feel like she was used in the wrong way a great deal.

Also when EU gets destroyed, like the whole Even Piell situation, just to give Ahsoka a moment I think it is pretty fair to expect some backlash from folks around here. The one you will not name received a ton of backlash over a similar situation. Why should Filoni be spared the same type of response?

24. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    He actually said something like that? What on Earth does Ahsoka share in common with Chewie that Han doesn't? Gonna take one out of ESG's book...

[​IMG]

Granted, I am reacting to a comment taken completely out of context.

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    No -- he really did say something like that. It wasn't even ambiguous. [face_plain]