main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit L-Canon -- or, Taking Matters Into Our Own Hands (Final Results Announced)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    If ever I fall in with anarchists and we abolish government for real, you guys are most definitely not invited.....

Random Comments likes this.
  2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    This thread is way more fun now that I'm not responsible for it.

3. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Grr! Enjoy it while it lasts, chaos anarchist!

As you revel in disharmony, we civil-minded anarchists gather and plot in secret to create order out of chaos. We will organize ourselves with secret democratic procedures and exile all you absurdo-dadanarchists from our anarchist utopia into the wilderness. Then, you will say, "One, two! One, two! And through and through! The vorpal blade went snicker-snack! And we are coming back-a-back!" So we'll fortify our walls and declare war on you. And while you stretch your organizational skills to their absolute limits by putting together all-night rave parties in the woods instead of preparing for battle, because "This is anarchy, so war is not war!", we will amass the deadliest army in anarchist history. You won't stand a fart's chance in a typhoon. Anarchy, military conquest-style! [face_devil]

4. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I prefer THIS kind of anarchy! [face_devil]

5. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    The answer is clearly B.

As previously pointed out, DS1.5 is made out of DS1 after it fell into a wormhole. So DS1 is the "other big stuff" you refer to.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Who fancies a coup?

7. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    It's spelled "Coop", and everybody, obviously.

8. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
  9. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Actually, I like all three.
    I think C is necessary, since we see DS 1 in RotS...
    But having B as well makes sense...

And they're quick, too, they had to do it faster than before.

Anarchy- choosing everything.

10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  11. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
  12. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    B.
    I could see them making parts across the Empire, and then bringing them together to finish it.

I don't think those chickens really live there. If they did, there would be enough poop to make every lit mod weep.

13. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    For everyone who wants to vote "all of the above", I'd like to repost what I already mentioned to illustrate that, based on the discussion over the last 10 pages or so, "all of the above" is actually included in C:

A means that the Empire built all of the visible structure that we see in the comic in 3 months, just like that. No components, from scratch.

B means that the Empire built all of the visible structure that we see in the comic in 3 months using prefabricated components, either scrapped construction projects or actual prefab components. Not from scratch, components.

C means that the Empire started building it before sources tell us it did, so that it was not made in 3 months as in the above options. Components, from scratch, whatever, it was started before 0 BBY.

14. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

What if I would want to just vote A + B and not C?

or C and A but not B?

basically you have 2 options for 3 months and 1 for whatever... that is not good pollmaking. fairness dictates C being more than 3 months without spareparts... and D being more than 3 months with spareparts of other projects. but then still we'd lack an option for "neither" being right and the answer being something else, which also is possible and not accounted for!

sorry, sociology I did study and the one annoying thing we did to death was make polls! ;)

Random Comments likes this.
  15. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    I give up. Do whatever you want.

CooperTFN and CeiranHarmony like this.
  16. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Oh, by the way:

Have you been high today?
    I see the nuns are gay.

Dadanarchy. 8-}

17. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    oh my god... I broke Starkeiller! [face_party]

18. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Total lamb feet Harry came,
    He is that bad duck.
    Heifer, here's to happy end,
    Ass in, trick-trickle-track!
    Cheese in your hiney spot,
    Duck season, super curry!

DuckTales! Woo-oo!

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I have had DuckTales in my head all day, before I saw that post.

I suspect shenanighans...

20. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Not to get in the way of keiller's breakdown, but...I honestly have a hard time seeing the distinction between A and B anyway--it's one thing to say they repurposed a bunch of habitation spheres, but all construction is done with prefabricated components to some extent. I mean, are 2x4s a prefabricated component? If I'm building a house, does "from scratch" mean I'm starting with trees? Given that smaller space stations are already so common IU, it's not crazy to think that huge swaths of the interior were just mass-produced Imperial hallway module #17 and so forth; just way more of them than had ever been put to use in one project before.

Iron_lord and CeiranHarmony like this.
  21. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    I wonder how many prefabricated Imperial Space-Bar modules they ordered.. and how many liters of alcohol did the death star store? those tanks... must be pure gold for salvage crews after ROTJ!

PS: The Death Star technical companion had the modules with floorplans actually shown! and lots of intel on them

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Waru did it!

23. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    No, because that would be offensive to the hard work that had already been put in by tree-based life forms long before you ever even had thought of building your stupid tree-murdering sky house.

To truly start from scratch you need to begin with a seed... and even that's cheating a little.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  24. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    No, you need to start with other trees. Then they make seeds, which will be the trees for your house.

25. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    You are all patently wrong.

The contours of the paratronic coefficiency that defines this model of proposition have obviously absconded in favor of more lapidacious reliquaries, ignominiously trephinating this discussion into the shape of a doodle yankee.

Besides, pygophilia is bad for you.