main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What if Episode 7 opens in the middle of a huge intergalactic war ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWars2015, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    IDK it seems Leia was on the Death Star for days. Remember, after her captured on the Tantive IV. Luke had to buy droids, Clean them, find one after he ran away, fight tuscan raiders, get rescued by Old Ben Kenobi, track down jawas, drive back home to find over cooked family member, drive back to Old ben, take a drive to Mos Eisley, Meet Han and chewie, get in a bar fight, get in a battle with storntroopers, jump into hyperspace, train with blast shields and remotes, discover a destroyed planet, chase a Tie Fighter, discover a small moon, wait its not a moon its a space station! Get caught in a tractor beam, hide in a holding compartment, Play dress up, and finally find the detention area where leia was taking a nap... A few hours?...maybe on Screen!

[face_tee_hee]

2. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Exclusive shot from that battle as filmed by JJA!!!

[​IMG]

3. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Everyone in the original trilogy was captured numerous times, it is absolutely unnecessary to retread those beats in the sequels. I am against any version of the Yuuzhan Vong appearing in this series, been there, done that. I thought it was atrocious then, I feel the same way now. Those are arguments for another thread, though, and we'll simply leave it at that.

What you're describing is an overblown film that would lose cohesion and focus. Too much is happening to properly amount to anything with heart or passion. No, LFL would do well to take a breather, and approach this new villain from a different angle.

4. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think something astonishing WILL fill the first thirty minutes, perhaps a war. I don't know about all of those details.

I think the Big 3 will pop up a little while into the opening scene, not right away. I think Han and Luke will show up during the faster parts of the action, while Leia will show up when things settle down a little.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  5. anotherdemon

anotherdemon Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    It would then be a Star Wars film.

6. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    ^ True, it wouldn't be Star Wars without some sort of war going on, be it a small scale invasion like TPM or full out galactic war like Episodes III-VI.

About the intergalactic war idea, i.e. a war with beings from another galaxy; I feel that might be a bit of a retread of the Yuuzhan Vong War, especially assuming they remain loyal to the EU continuity (not holding my breath on that front), and I would imagine the ST's story takes place sometime after the end of this war. Of course, Disney/LFL may choose to disregard that it ever happened in order to make the idea sound fresh... I had a thought about the technology of potential extragalactic invaders as well. The Kardashev scale gives a measure of a civilization's technological advancement based on energy consumption. It has been proposed that the Empire of the OT era is a Type III civilization, due to its ability to harness energy from the stars of the entire GFFA. Obviously, such extragalactic invaders would have to be at least a Type III civilization to be able to leave their own galaxy and travel the countless light-years in the void between galaxies to reach the GFFA. Thus, we could be introduced to a race(s) with technology so advanced that they could conceivably be viewed as 'magic' to the inhabitants of the GFFA. The potential is there for a very cool new enemy, one who could only be bested with all the resources and guile that the heroes have at their disposal.

Conversely, we can have the inhabitants of the GFFA expanding to other galaxies to explore exotic new locales and discovering entirely new races. But the galaxy is a big place, there is certainly room enough for more stories and conflict set within the GFFA rather than going outside this wondrous galaxy surrounded and bound by the energy of the Force. Many countless mysteries are still present to be explored, and I feel that leaving the GFFA would go against the spirit of the whole SW universe.

But I think it would perhaps be a little too hard sci-fi to introduce these concepts to the mythological universe of SW, so I'm not convinced the intergalactic war/extragalactic invaders/exploration of other galaxies idea is appropriate for the upcoming trilogy.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  7. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    I

8. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    In ANH..............Leia spend more than half the film captured by Vader on the Death Star.......How do you think it was a few hours, (Luke had to spend days, maybe months hanging out with Obi-Wan in the desert, then they had to find a pilot who just happened to be a outlaw Smuggler wanted by the most vile gangster in the Galaxy, then they had to escape the Empire, and fly to Alderrean which had just been blown to tiny pieces of space rock, then they had to board the Space Station, and truely fight a legion of the Emperors best troops, before finally rescuing Leia, then they fought their way off the station, leaving about 20 minutes left in the film.

In Empire, Leia spent the Film on the Run, and then Captivity by Vader again on Bespin for the last 30 minutes of the film.

In Jedi, Leia shows up and was almost instantly captured by Jabba, then becomes Jabbas Slave girl who seems rather content to lay next to the bloated hutt in a metal bikini, then captured by the Ewoks who kinda treat her like their queen but would have forced her to eat her friends had not the force intervened............

So their you have it, Leia was captured for most of the OT.

9. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    One of the many things that damaged the prequels were the fact that they got tied up with complicated politics, We need the focus to be on War...........As Loki says in the Avengers.........."There is nothing but the War" !! Put the Wars in Star Wars at last !!

Darth_Pevra and Jedirush2112 like this.
  10. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    What the hell are you talking bout? You're Sheldon Cooper aren't you?
    [face_dunno]

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    His logic is circular. It isn't simply a clever name, you know...

12. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    I agree! The PT would have been much better if it began with Episode II and included the actual Clone Wars as the 2nd film and finally the third. Basically it was missing the "War" as you said.

:cool:

13. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    So Circular it made me dizzy!

[face_sick]

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope it opens in every single war possible.

15. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    Am I the only one who don't like this republic teaming up with the remains of the empire to defeat some alien invasion.
    If the empire are to exist still they should be the bad guys..... Maybe the empire could be teamed up with some alien race

16. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    The idea of an intergalactic war would put the characters right in the middle of chaos. That would be a really interesting scenario.

It could be the case, however, that the galactic civil war has descended into anarchy after the defeat of the Empire. The characters could be in the foreground of the anarchy and they develop as they deal with the uncertainty and danger associated with the chaos and what is being built out of the turmoil.

17. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    In a war movie it is better to start off in the middle of the conflict than having to show the conflict's genesis. In the end the war is nothing more than context for character development.

which is why its rather silly they had to show the clone wars exactly how it started in Episode II. Most of the plot was completely irrelevant to anything having to do with Anakin's transformation.

They could have just made it wartime and having mercenaries hired by the CIS attempting to assassinate Padme, a major Republic leader, instead of having the whole convoluted backstory of Kamino, Boba Fett etc.

Jcuk likes this.
  18. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    I would want it slowly approaching climax. Start the whole in movie almost Hangover feel of mindless joy, then let´s have a the Cloverfield attack and then end the movie with galaxy in flames.

19. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Yeah lets reverse it! (Wait or does that not make any sense?)

20. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I think this was mentioned before, but beginning with a scene of hunting down remaining Imperial officers would work.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Order 67: The opening will be a montage of random Imperial officers being killed by their Troopers who are loyal to whoever happens to be in charge of Coruscant at any given moment.

22. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I've always adhered to the idea that the Empire being defeated has created a power vacuum. As history has told us. Warring factions all vying for their own piece of the pie. If your gonna go with a battle, how about a street battle on Coruscant between these factions? Something big and exciting. Just slow down with the space battles, we've got plenty of time for those.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    The two rules of Modern European History (1799 to Present), according to my professor:

1. Don't mess with the balance of power in Germany. If Germany is unhappy, the rest of Europe is unhappy.
    2. Never invade Russia. All they have to do is wait until winter, because oddly enough, Russians know how to deal with their own winter. You don't.

I feel like there could be an interesting plot for a movie in there somewhere.

Reveen likes this.
  24. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Episode VII should go all out and have stars firing solar flares and mass ejections at each other in a bitter battle for the universe.. "STAR WARS."

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That sounds like a fun idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.