main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Highlander] Child of the Universe * DDC 2013 * COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Hazel, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I can understand Claire's wish to haveher friends all together and safe [face_thinking] It must be hard though to be restive and not quite contented with where one is. :( But Duncan sounds downright dreamy LOL I can practically hear that Scotish brogue ;)

Hazel likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I never watched the TV show. I did have a crush on Connor MacLoud...until Highlander II came out and he broke my heart. :_| How could he agree to such a horrible script.?! You should have written Highlander II. I am sure it would have been a BILLION times better. :D

Nice update.

Hazel likes this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Jade_eyes - Duncan IS dreamy. All the girls fall for him, which is why I didn't pair him up with Claire - waayyyyy too much competition.

Jedi_Lover - Thank you very much! That is a real compliment.

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh, and before I forget again. This diary is taking a week off next week because I'm going on vacation. With all the things I have planned, I don't think I'll have time to write it.

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Another wonderful entry. =D= And I LIKE this Duncan. :p I like him very much - it was nice to see Claire make another friend. :)

And this:

This is part of the immortal curse - no matter what you do, where you are or what you want, there is always a part of you that wants to be somewhere else and with someone else. You are never content. Maybe if I could keep everyone I love in one place, so that I could keep an eye on them, I wouldn't worry so much.

Wonderfully put. It seems to be the whole crux of this diary - and of being an Immortal, period. =D=

Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks Mira_Jade ! Hehehe, everybody likes Duncan. ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hazel!!!!! A green eyed redhead? [face_dancing] Oh yes!!!! [face_laugh] I hope Claire can keep up with her music. And, that she'll meet someone with very lovely blue eyes LOL ;) [:D] !!!

Hazel likes this.
  10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I had wondered about that. Wow! But the little day to day things that make such a difference in the end - I can't even imagine living life from year to year like that. I loved the line about the other monks thinking Darius being 'blessed by god'. [face_laugh]

Green eyed red head? There can be no better combination. Just sayin'. ;)

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I think red hair and green eyes would be perfect. I wish Mara Jade was an immortal. :(

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh wouldn't that make a uber-fine!! crossover. [face_batting] [face_laugh] Luke would have to be one too though. [face_dancing] @};-

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hehe! I knew you girls would like Claire's new look ;)

From now on, and until I reach the 1990s (the time the TV show takes place) I'll be jumping around in the timeline so if anyone gets confused let me know and I'll sort it out for you.

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Amanda sounds lovely and like more than a boatload of trouble [face_laugh] Wow, so Max wound up with someone, in a very lovely setting too. Is it just me, mush fiend that I am, or was there a wistful note (more than a little?) in why Claire didn't stick around for the nuptials?

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I had a friend who lived to get in trouble just like Amanda. It was always horrifying and thrilling to be around him. Unfortunately, he died during one of his adventures, but I think of him daily.

Nice update.

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Jade_eyes - You might be on to something. ;) Anyway, this was the way to introduce the matter of marriage and children into this diary.

Jedi_Lover - I'm sorry about your friend. [:D]

Also, I forgot to mention that Amanda is a recurring character in the TV series.

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I LIKE this Amanda. :cool: And her and MacLoud has possibilities. :p

And I was totally not expected that about Max! Like Deb, I may have totally read into a note of wistfullness there at the end. :( [face_thinking]

Hazel likes this.
  19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks Mira!

Amanda is a fun character. And yes, there was a wistful tone at the end there. Lets see what will come of it.

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    No, Max! Well, if this girl isn't an Immortal, Claire will soon have him back ...

Duncan and Amanda sound hilarious!

Hazel likes this.
  21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks Nat! You can bet that Claire's and Max's story doesn't end here, it just got a little sidetracked.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Claire did some strong soul-searching in this entry. @};- I think I'd do, and feel, just as she does, about loss and commitment. The only way to level the playing field IMO would be for 2 immortals to marry. [face_sigh]

Hazel likes this.
  24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You had to mention aliens from another planet!:mad: Boooooooo! Marriage would be tough for an immortal and a mortal. I can see her point!

Hazel likes this.
  25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks girls! This is a touchy subject and I wanted it to come across as not too light or too heavy. Just plain soul searching.

[face_laugh]. Yeah, I had to mention it. :p I'll also probably will return to the subject some time later, but as a crazy theory among others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.