main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

10.5%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

42.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

5.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

36.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

5.3%
  1. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I am so aggravated [face_plain]

2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    painful

no defence, no energy. still, splitting the first two games is still decent.

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, this does not look very friendly to the bulls at all. they could always pull a spurs from the other night, but i kinda doubt it.

EDIT

that was on heck of a backdoor pass to wade.

EDIT2

this just has to be said. james is an absolutely incredible passer. other than paul and rondo, is there really anyone that you could say is definitely better right now? are even they better than he is?

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    It really is unfortunate how Chicago is getting flat out massacred in this game, and losing their composure to boot. My brother's smugness after this one is going to be especially irritating.

5. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    this strikes me as more being annihilated at this point. a nearly 40 point lead in the fourth is just kinda insane. i wouldn't be surprised if there's some injuries in the end of this game. were i spoelstra, i'd get the starters out of the game. now.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Anybody think he should have gotten coach of the year over George Karl?

7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    personally i think it's a tossup between the two. they're handling completely different situations, and they both did an equally impressive job of it. just my two cents, but i don't think you can really go wrong either way on that one.

EDIT

it's really silly for the spurs fans to be booing about that foul. it's obviously a foul, it's a foul every time it happens, as long as it gets caught. booing the refs for catching it is just nonsense. you want them to catch it, so that if it happens to your guys you get the call too.

8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    wow, way to bounce back warriors. all four series tied at 1. awesome.

Trimaj and DarthTunick like this.
  9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    this is going to be a really good round. don't think anyone really expected the warriors to come back from that loss like this but i wouldn't be surprised to see them take the series at this point. won't necessarily happen, wouldn't be surprised by the spurs taking it either.

anyone for warriors/grizzlies west conf finals?

10. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I didn't watch Warriors/Spurs in its entirety (followed the game via Twitter/I switched to TNT during the commercial breaks of what I'm watching), but I'm very pleased to see the Warriors being able to withstand another possible collapse. Here's hoping they can take full advantage of playing games 3 & 4 in Oakland.

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i still don't give the bulls much of a chance against the heat, despite their gutsy game 1 win. the other three series are totally up for grabs. and the warriors might be a sixth seed, but they are a better team than they were at the end of the season. playing a very good nuggets team the way they did for six games forced them to become a better team. still, what they're doing without their second best player is pretty incredible.

and they might be kicking themselves for not being up 2-0. but we know that if game 1 had turned out differently the dynamic of game 2 would have been a lot different, and the spurs would have been a lot hungrier, so it's impossible to say how it would have turned out.

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    oh hell no, the bulls aren't winning that series after tonight. the talent difference was just so apparent with all the injuries the bulls have. you can only cover up so much with a scheme and good coaching. but it'll probably be interesting. i could see them winning one more game, but there is no way miami wins losses that series. but it could still make for good watching.

i think something a lot of people completely forgot about was how many wide open shots the heat missed in that first game. if they'd hit three more of their threes they win that game. just three more shots, that were wide open.

13. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Has there ever been a second round where EVERY home team lost one of the first two games?

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    joey crawford is the head official for tonight's bulls/heat game. anyone see this ending badly? LloydChristmas

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    oh joy joy happy happy joy joy...

more techs/flagrants/ejections than the last game?

16. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Apparently, this year is the first time that all second round series have been tied at 1 apiece since ever.

Now about Stephen Curry and his transcendent shooting game. Zach Lowe, my favorite Grantland writer, has a new article up regarding the transformation of Stephen Curry's game following David Lee's injury, and how he's absolutely taken his game to the next level in the playoffs. I do recommend reading it, it's an excellent piece with many cogent points about Golden's State's offense and the defense of their two playoff opponents. For those who don't want to read the whole thing, I've cherry-picked some relevant quotes:

Regarding a pair of videos where Curry pulls up for a couple of off-the-dribble threes after screens set from his teammates:
    Has there ever been a better shooter who's as aggressive at scoring the ball as Stephen Curry? I don't think so, and that's what makes him a truly awesome (to his fans) and terrifying (to his opposing teams' fans) player.

tom likes this.
  17. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Time for the Booz to earn his paycheck

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    wow. this is just getting insane...

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I realize its a completely different NBA environment these days, but Mohammed's push on LeBron made me think of this:

Imagine if that had happened today? :p

20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    time for Booz to earn some redemption from Cleveland fans

LloydChristmas likes this.
  21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    great game so far. let's hope the bulls have something left in the tank for the 4th.

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, definitely a great game. they are just going to die if this goes to seven though. they're playing too many minutes, and i just don't see them being able to keep it up long term. i mean, we'll see, but they're just so overmatched in the depth department and rotation department right now that it's really sad.

EDIT

so... two questions: who is nate robinson starting for next year? and when does norris cole replace chalmers as the starter?

23. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    If we don't win this one the series won't be going anywhere near 7

BOOOOZ

24. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Damn free throws

Damn Cole

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, i'd agree. i don't think they're going to really win a fourth quarter with the minutes thing at this point.

and damn. norris cole is just playing amazing.