main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Episode VII Will Film In The UK

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by The-Eternal-Hero, May 10, 2013.

1. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    As a British citizen, I have to say that is very true.

2. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    'Tis the first sensible piece of news I've heard about star wars 7

3. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Elstree studies straight a-head!
    [​IMG]

4. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    I heard they were filming in Scotland. If that is true then Abrams clearly has a return to Kamino in mind ;)

5. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    Thanks to me!
    I started a thread last week about the films should be made in the UK again with loads of British actors just like the OT.
    Now we get confirmation yesterday.
    They must read this message board and knew they must do it here to please the fans.
    ;)

Now all uk people need to do is keep an eye out for the agencies who'll employ the extras. This is what I'm waiting for.
    Storm trooper for me! I won't be banging my head on the top of a blast door!

6. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    Nah no need. We got Bournemouth beach, loads of nice golden sand there

7. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Great to hear! I don't live in the UK but this is still exiting news!

8. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

He certainly isn't a Binks, but I couldn't resist typing George "Jar Jar" Galloway. It just sounds good.

9. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Is anyone really surprised by this news?

10. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Nice to have a fresh topic! This is great news and it seems like the powers that be are taking a grassroots approach. We shall benefit from this! (though the emperor does not share my optimistic appraisal of the situation)

11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Interesting. Now we have some news.

12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Excellent news.

Now if they film in rumoured locations such as near to Bluewater come true that would be great. It's only 40 minutes from me! This will be a great boost for the UK entertainment industry.

13. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    Cameos for Clarkson, Hammond, and May.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Here is where I will post some semblance of quasi-optimism...

I said only a day or 2 ago that they could (may already have) begin building sets and props for the film based solely on sections of the treatment that were already approved & agreed upon. They did this often while waiting for any form of a "script" from George during the PT. Now that they have acknowledged locking down a place to shoot, the odds are high that prefabrication of set pieces will soon be underway... if not already being worked on to some extent. This is how they make the 2015 release date.

themetresgained likes this.
  15. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't really think that it's a big deal where it is shot, since most if it is filmed on constructed sets with green screens (or matte paintings in the past) Most of the Star Wars movies have been shot in parts around the world, and a large chunk of ROTJ was made in California :). I just hope this does not meant that they stick to just British actors, because no disrespect, but I think that at least SOME major American film franchises should use American actors. We already lost Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man!

16. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Great news! I'm sure someone will have a problem with it, but all the moves Disney/LFL/Kathleen Kennedy have made thus far (also presuming the Big 3 are in) have been ecxellent and exciting moves!

17. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Look right above you...

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Of course . . . :rolleyes:

I posted from the first page and never read all these entries, which is why I knew there'd be one. There's always one.

Poor Greedo likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Why? British accents are sexier.

(Disclaimer: I'm from North Carolina. People who talk like me, don't get hired for anything other than the Blue Collar Comedy Tour or as a greeter at the Republican National Convention.)

stormcloud8, Darth Claire and Echo-07 like this.
  21. Chrono85

Oct 31, 2012
    I do think it's cool that the movie is being shot in the UK :). I didn't mean for that comment to come off as anti-British or anything, because that's not what I meant, or how I feel. The Star Wars movies have always had a broad mix of American and British accents. Also, Obi-Wan is really the lead character of the prequels. It wouldn't make much sense for a Skywalker or Solo kid to not have an American accent, however :).

22. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Because the English produce people like Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee whereas America produces people like Lindsay Lohan.

23. Chrono85

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, we did produce Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Um... uh... Peter Cu...

nvm

25. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Zing ! [face_laugh]
    And Ouch.
    Hey Harrison Ford is American.
    I am ok with the older actors and actresses having English accents, but if there is some young Jedi kids of Solo and Skywalker descent, no, because there parents don't.