main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You folks in the health care field have all my respect. I did consider nursing as a career once because I like taking care of people, but the gross factor would do me in I think. I can deal with my own children's bodily secretions but no one else's.

Pro Scoundrel, dunno, Stackpole and Zahn are good friends and so far Stackpole, while being a great writer otherwise, is one of the worst Mara offenders.

mavjade likes this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Really? Not surprising. I recently finished the X-Wing books, and while I enjoyed them, I noticed that he Mary Sued and Gary Stued some of his own characters as well.

3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    If they don't finally explain what happened to Starbuck.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    If they don't explain what the Island's purpose is.

JediWheelz and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If there are any references to that craptastic show about a plane crashing on an island and all of a sudden a bunch of weird supernatural flashback **** started happening.

6. Asajj_Kenobi

Asajj_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    I'd be upset if we see any movie/TV crossovers...like Dr. Who pops in or the Avengers.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I love Doctor Who but I don't want to see any crossovers either.

Lost made me want to gouge my eyes out with a spork.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    For eye gouging, a spork really would have the best of both worlds... fork and spoon. Good call.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  9. Asajj_Kenobi

Asajj_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    Then why did you watch it? I managed to never see an episode. :p

kainee and The Hellhammer like this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I know what is going to make all of our regulars get up and walk out of the theatre...

eht13 and I have agreed to Moderate all of you as you sit in the cinema watching Episode VII. If you talk or text during the film and if you cuss or shush one another or flame one another over opinions, we have agreed to be there to bring that refreshing Episode VII & Beyond Forum experience right into the theatre with you. If you say a spoiler in the theatre without spoiler tags, it's all over...

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think I saw the first three or four. That was enough.

12. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'd actually pay you money to do this.

13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Interesting... I like where this is headed.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    If Celine Dion sings the opening song, or if the movie becomes musical, I'm gone.

15. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    As so many others have stated, resurrecting dead characters or Ahsoka having a major role.

I saw The Clone Wars film in the theatre so nothing would likely make me walk out ;)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    After the mess of the prequel trilogy not a whole lot. Plus I'll be getting paid to watch EP 7 so there's that.

DarthTunick likes this.
  17. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    In place of "walk out", I'll substitute "not buy it when it comes out on video" or "not feel comfortable", I don't know...
    If the dialogue is full of talk that sounds like the lines from the Star Trek: Into Darkness trailer, or if lines are delivered like those in a Lord of the Rings movie and many of the epics of the last ten+ years with the rallying speeches and pseudo-Shakespearian tone. From what I've gathered, this is what a lot of people want STAR WARS to be.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We sophisticated, intellectual adults seem to forget that the majority of us were 7 years old when we became Star Wars fans.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    There is always what I did with ROTS:

--not pay full price to see it in the theater, wait until it's in the dollar theater to see it
    --only buy the Blu-Ray because it came with the set (and with that it's worth it for the first 45 minutes)

20. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    Okay, maybe that wasn't the right substitution either. How about "feel awkward about it."

21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I was three.

kainee and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Even better.

kainee and eht13 like this.
  23. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    I was four.

24. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    considering the dosage of spoilers i plan on taking, i'm pretty sure i'd be aware of anything egregious enough to make me peace out long before i stepped foot in a midnight queue.

25. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I was eleven. There was no Star Wars before I was eleven.
    What would make me walk out of Episode VII? Nothing,I guess. But I might cry and/or throw fits and/or ask for my money back afterwards if there were no decent-looking troops in that movie ...

*pointing at TPM where all I got was a bunch of starved-looking battle droids, a bunch of ducks with ears and those, er, Naboo in their operatic rubber frocks*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.