main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Episode VII Will Film In The UK

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by The-Eternal-Hero, May 10, 2013.

1. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Continuing the tradition. Great news!

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That other rumor about location shooting in Scotland sounds even more probable now, I guess.

bergstrom likes this.
  3. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I would bet money that some part will be filmed in Bourne Wood near me. It seems to be a popular location for filming in recent years and lead to one of my awesome jedi like predictions years ago...

Early 2000, in an hotel I was manager in. A guy who was a cameraman staying with us comes in for a late breakfast, after filming all night...
    Me: So whats the film about?
    Him: Its a movie about a Gladiator, we were doing a battle scene
    Me: Gladiators? Hmmph...Long time since a sword n sandals film was a hit
    Him: Well Ridley Scott is directing so it should do ok
    Me: We'll see...

Humble pie has been a regular diet of mine since that day

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "Joey, do you like movies about gladiators"?

bergstrom, leiamoody and Jeff Vader like this.
  5. Jeff Vader

Nov 6, 2012
    LOL! (I'm hoping you aren't assuming I'm Joey Arnold! :confused:)

If not then you may have opened up a whole new pun thread on airplane/sw7

" Joey, have you ever been…in a Turkish Prison?"

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Come on, there are plenty of fine American actors out there like Tom Hanks, Morgan Freeman, Jeff Bridges, Robert Duvall, etc. If you're going to compare those two wonderful actors to American actors at least be fair about it. [face_not_talking]

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  7. Jeff Vader

Nov 6, 2012
    There are fine actors in every country, it does seem to be a "go to" though that if you want a good bad guy they have to be British. I'm not saying thats right by any means, it just seems to be a default/easy option

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I want the bad guy to be from the Southeastern US, just so he can draw out his threats into several extra syllables.

"Y'all Jedi are fixin' to die now. And I'll be standin' over y'all's dead bodies eatin' my poke barbecue. Just sayin'."

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That line needs to be in the sequels.

mes520 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  10. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Bad guys with Southern accents can work :) The villain in Avatar, Miles Quaritch, had a US Southern accent, and it worked well, even if the movie wasn't that great overall. Although that doesn't mean that the character would have to use local Southern colloquialisms and expressions, like 'poke barbecue' (whatever that is) or 'fixin' ;). That would be like if Emperor Palpatine said this to Luke Skywalker: "Blimey! I'd rather fancy it if you would turn to the Dark Side, bugger all". lol

11. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    Guess I'll need to get signed up to a few 'extras' agencies. After all, they could do with a seasoned pro like myself:cool:

12. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  13. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Perhaps he will get a part in it? An adult Wicket? I'd rather see a new Willow, though :).

14. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Holy crap, UK! Lucky bastards

NIce =D=

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    We rule

[face_dancing] [face_dancing][face_dancing]

Now I just have to get work as an extra :p

DarthTunick likes this.
  16. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Nice decision.

Imo I think Disney is trying to say "see! we know the OT was filmed in the UK!! So now we'll film Episode VII there too!" TPM was filmed in the UK, including the reshoots of AOTC/ROTS. ;) Why am I saying this? Well, from the look of things, I believe Disney wants to move the hell away from the PT.

17. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I agree it's a nice tip of the hat to the way things have been done, but I don't think we should read so much into it. Plenty of horrible films have been made both in the U.K. and elsewhere. Location of production doesn't mean anything. If there's a mind-blowing script and solid acting, they can shoot the picture in Kathleen Kennedy's basement for all I care.

18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes! Where else could they produce this film? It's in the Midi-Chlorian DNA of SW. I can't wait till the...'The Making of Episode VII', by Rinzler, comes out. 2020 MAN!

19. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    The best part about this is that Senator Insert Weird Name Here can be played by someone like Freddie Jones.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If Palpatine were Southern, he would say, "And now, young Skywalker, yer fixin' to die."

I liked Avatar. :p

21. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Zorg from the Fifth Element was an awesome southern-accented bad guy. Ironically played by Gary Oldman who is English.

Speaking of Oldman, he would be a welcome appearance in episode VII too... He's worked with Natalie Portman before in Leon the Professional, so there's his shoe-in.

22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Difference on the whole I think is the theatre. Many of the great thespians of British acting like Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen or past greats like Olivier & Cushing & Guinness all made names for themselves in theatre before they did TV or movies. In the US the emphasis is on TV more than theatre, classical training is a big part of why British actors are more go-to for the more demanding villain roles.

That's not to say US actors are bad, most US TV is better than the UK with very good writers and allows actors to have very good roles. That's why so many British actors go over to the US to further their careers, because they might land a role in a big US series and become a name (like Damien Lewis in Homeland)

23. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    More villains with british accents! *crosses fingers* David Tennant and Karen Gillan
    Well, Karen doesn't have to be a villain.

24. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I feel you, bro... Particularly since I know someone who works for Foxtel now *shakes fist*

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh dude...I would love to see Oldman in Star Wars.