main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    always nice to see RB struggle for points.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Much like seeing Manchester City struggle for silver, yes?

epic likes this.
  3. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    exactly. ;)

heels1785 likes this.
  4. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    faultless final pit stop. BRING IT HOME ALONSO!

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    "Technical failure" - looks like the rear suspension just went.

Good drives out there today. Alonso; Massa (think back to 2011 to see how far he's bounced back); Kimi; Ricciardo; Webber and di Resta.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree. Two points runs in a row for PDR, hoping he hangs on here.

7. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    great win for Alonso.

another consistent performance from Kimi.

great day for Ferrari.

**** day for Vettell.

all worked out well, then.

8. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Vettel's helmet for Monaco:

[​IMG]

Apparently they've abandoned any attempt to get the tires right and are now investing all their money in heat-sensitive paint.

9. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Looking forward to the Monaco Grand Prix. As a race it's often a waste of time, but as a specatacle it's the jewel in the F1 crown.

If I ever get to watch the race on a yaught in the Monaco Harbour, surrounded by gorgeous women and rich arabs, I'll know I've finally made it in life. [face_laugh]

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oight lads, time for the predictions which rarely seem to come true.

Based on the nature of the circuit, their single lap pace and importance of pole, I'm predicting a Rosberg win, with Alonso taking P2.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Since I've gone with him for podium in just about every race, I'll stick with Hamilton to win. A bit of an underdog to take P2, old teammate Jensen Button.

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I'm going to say Alonso, Webber, Hamilton for 1,2,3

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It's very hard to overtake at Monaco, and the front row lockout for the Mercs will certainly help them. I'm not so sure it won't be a win for Mercedes...

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Best day in racing tomorrow. Monaco in the AM, Indy in the afternoon, Charlotte at night.

Can't wait.

15. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    What a Monaco Grand Prix! :eek: Crazy. 8-}

Good call from Ender, to be fair I made my prediction BEFORE qualifying.[face_laugh]

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Stupid red flags threw off my DVR, I only got up to lap 55. Doesn't look like much changed, Rosberg was really fast.

And Sergio Perez continues to show that he is a truly terrible teammate.

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Perez's signature overtake pushed a bunch of people off the track. Pastor Maldonado showed he's still just a barely trained ape in a racing suit, and Grosjean? Learned nothing.

Great finish from Kimi to keep his record going, and Mercedes was always going to win here...

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    ES, what did you think of Massa making the EXACT same mistake he made in practice?

He had a pretty rough time here overall- having a much better year than last year, and has a podium. Just still not sure he's up to Ferrari standards.

19. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I reakon Massa and Webber will be on their way out of F1 in 2014.

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Why would Webber be out? There's rumours but there was rumours of him in the Ferrari #2 seat this year and look how they materialised.

From Red Bull's point of view, why wouldn't you keep him? His input to their winning constructors is vital; they won by 60pts and he put 180 of their total in. He won two races in 2012, and has had two podiums this year. Aside from a DNF due to a pitstop cockup in China, he's finished in the points every race.

I think the rumours about Webber leaving are overstated. He'll do one more season at RB or if the Kimi rumours are true (doubt it) then I could see him team leading at Lotus (though without James Allen, that team could struggle).

Massa's crash was, according to Autosport, a mechanical failure. But he rediscovered his mojo and has outqualified Fernando a bunch this year.

His results so far have been: 4, 5, 6, 15, 3, DNF. That's solid points and Webber and Massa are vital components for the team's points hall so far.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think there is a chance both could relocate. Massa is solid in points, I just think that if the inconsistency creeps in, that's one of the top 3 teams out there, and they could snag a potentially larger free agent to fill the seat. Don't think it'll be Seb, even though he's always been linked there, but it could be Webber or Raikkonen.

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Ferrari burned Kimi out, so I doubt we'd see Kimi at Scuderia Ferrari.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/nbc-breaks-some-records/

If you don't read Joe's blog, I suggest you start. His pedigree as an F1 authority is beyond question.

NBC breaks some records

May 29, 2013 by Joe Saward
    NBC’s coverage of the Monaco Grand Prix was watched by nearly 1.5 million viewers in the United States, making it the most watched Formula 1 race in the US for six years. According to the Nielsen Company, the live coverage of the race (the first time that the race has been aired live) was watched by 1.456 million viewers. The last race to get that kind of coverage was Fox’s 2007 coverage of the United States GP. This was an increase of 241 percent compared to last year’s coverage on Speed. The F1 races that have been shown on the NBC Sports cable network have not rated as highly, with viewers numbers at around 400,000. In 10 days NBC will air the Canadian GP live.

That is awesome news.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Can't wait. Ender_Sai. have you ever attended a live race? It'd be a long haul to Texas for the USGP, but I've considered it.

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yep, Melbourne a bunch of times including a memorable win for an underdog team known as Brawn GP...

Here's a pic from that Grand Prix - Kimi in his Ferrari.

[​IMG]

We typically sit in the Clark grandstands, turns 9 and 10.

I have other pics somewhere but I suspect on a thumb drive somewhere. This was all I could find.

Kimi had a shocking race and season in 09 so I imagine he's unhappy here.

EDIT: Actually it could be Felipe Massa; the indicator atop the camera pod appears red and Massa was #3 that year, Kimi #4.