main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh]

I have the presentation ceremony all planned out in my head, but you will have to wait a bit longer for that. There used to be a ceremonial T-Visor mask that was used to "crown" a new Mand'alor but I am pretty sure that has been lost to history.

[​IMG]

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Observations:
    • It's another good week to be a home team
    • Not a single bonus roll in the Skywalker Conference this week...and it showed compared to the Solo Conference
    • The Meredith Chambers farewell tour is not exactly going as planned
    • I don't know what Setarcos wants those credits for...but I really want him to win more to find out...and that part of me is competing with the part that wants him to lose it all with a few weeks of bad bets so I see what happens to him if he doesn't have the money. I guess we call this a win-win. :D

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Geez, who would've thought that a Senators-Smugglers game would be another close one? :p

Although my fans probably hate the guts of the Smugglers, they'll probably at least give Chambers an ovation. I'll see if I can add that in, Liam_Vehn.

4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    1,150,000 + 125,000 = 1,400,000??????? Somebody has a bad calculator. :p

Oh, and yay for another Storm win. I'm waiting for the inevitable end-of-season crash that causes them to miss the playoffs. Again. 8-}

5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That would be what's colloquially known as my brain. :D

6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Futures League observations:
    • Blowouts seem to be the name of the game this week.
    • How long can Kessel remain undefeated on top of the Grames Conference?
    • The Strensky Conference is in a huge logjam, with four out of five teams at 2–2.
    • Conference play is very even so far, as everyone that has played two conference games is 1–1.
    • The Kashyyyk Rangers are last in all three stats. You'd think a bunch of Wookiees would at least be good on defense.

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Somehow, the spirit of the Jets is living on in the form of the Runners. [face_worried] Complete domination.

8. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    *checks worksheet* Oh, yeah, that is the Jets' D-team. Very interesting...

Speaking of which, I haven't heard from Phil Brooks in a while, JediMaster1511. Is he still alive?

And Jedi Gunny, nice avatar. What did Bardan_Jusik do now, and does it have anything to do with this game? :D

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    In ELL news, I was very much hoping that I would get to write a postgame post like I was able to today. For storyline reasons, it's perfect on so many levels.

Also, my reference to bacon is not coincidental. Someone in my apartment complex is cooking bacon and I hear it sizzling and I smell it and I WANT BACON NOW.

10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    When we cook bacon, the fire alarm signals when it's done. So wait until the fire alarm goes off, then ask if you can have a piece. :D

And to keep the post on-topic, I need to find the motivation to write a post. I haven't posted IC since the offseason. But this spring's Ohio weather has not been conducive to writing posts. Today's forecasted high is 53°F. Wednesday it's supposed to be 83°F. All THAT does is make me sick, and I don't write well when I'm sick. :p The idea of cooking setting off the fire alarm gives me an idea, though....

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    If you really need inspiration, I can kickstart you with some stuff. I've actually been thinking about your Jedi character off and on. Anything further than that would best be done in PM...or via dictatorial GM powers. ;)

12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Inspiration is not the problem. I have a multi-season plot planned out involving Zay. I just need this weather to calm down so I can actually feel like writing.

13. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Wow... woke up from sleeping off a wedding I stood up in last night to discover that I got what I needed but not what I wanted.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Well, the standing ovation would be nice, Gunny, but the way the Smugglers are playing, I would be hard pressed to give them one. I should've retired in 270 when I went out on top.....it's been an interesting ride since! Yes, this farewell tour is being particularly painful. 0-2 in a three week stretch of intense rivalry games leaves a very bitter taste. Here's hoping for some magic in the Black and Blue battle.

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Wow. Meredith Chambers, nearly killed in a limmie game. What will happen next?

Oh, and tagging Jedi Gunny since it didn't take in the game thread.

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I know! Shocking! And right before the Black & Blue. Will she play? I had something planned for the game if she did...but I never thought there would be an "if" when it came to Chambers playing that game!

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Geez, Liam, way to make me feel guilty. :p

But could this finally be the end of her career? Tune in next week!

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Guys, as usual I have my best ideas come to me when driving to work (also, ironic considering I just sat through a safe driving practices class for work). However, this one is really good. Bardan_Jusik once Taab gets out of the Mando conclave, he needs to not watch Merc games from his box anymore. He needs sideline seats. Because then every game post from Mesh'la Vhetin can use pictures like this:

[​IMG]

And then when the Miners' 274 firs round draftee...let's call her...ummmmm...Niskat Deenever comes to Mesh'la Vhetin for the Cross-Galaxy Clash as part of her triumphant rookie season in which she wins an Ingbrand (because guys, let's just own up to it right now, Ruunron is not even getting nominated for the Ingbrand given the disaster that is the Miners defense, masked only by the fact that Aron Rodders is pretty much at this point a Force ghost that scores at will, so obviously I need to plan early for a Miners Ingbrand bid in 274 because back-to-back years in which the Miners don't have an Ingbrand is just completely unacceptable), this can happen:

Basically, this was all started by me somehow remembering that Bardan uses Jack Nicholson from A Few Good Men for Taab.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] What is even better about that is I originally intended for Taab to watch all the games from the sidelines (so he could heckle the refs like Mark Cuban did) but I started putting him in the box because so many of his early posts had him dealing with the commissioner there. :p

[​IMG]

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Taab is such a troublemaker.

I have managed to avoid that problem by having Gark do some of everything. :p

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I write what I know. :p

He really was meant to be a Mark Cuban type, always harassing the league and the refs but things have now gone in a different direction.

[​IMG]

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    That explains a lot. It really does. ;)

But if we didn't have Taab being the anti-Gark, then we would have a major paradigm issue in the game. 8-}

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Of course it means he will never get elected into the Limmie HoF. :p

Or will he?

[​IMG]

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Speaking of which . . .

Trieste, when will we have the 273 HoF class?

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Excellent question, Gunny. I'll see what I can do about that in the near future. Bardan_Jusik please poke me periodically until you get a Jaya response from the League. I have one in my head. I just have to write it. ;)