main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Iconic Images: Favorite visuals of the PT

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 4, 2013.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    This sequence.

[​IMG]

Cryogenic, Minez01, minnishe and 3 others like this.
  2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Didn't TCW blatantly copy this scene?

3. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Of course. It's TCW. :p

AOTC version is better.

obi-rob-kenobi4 and Seagoat like this.
  4. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    SW was always inspired by iconic visuals from other films. GL had great respect for cimematic history and incorporated oblique references to such images, giving them a new twist. Indeed, the whole premise of SW is based on Joseph Campbell's synthesis of mythological story types and transposing such types to A Galaxy Far Far Away. I thought I would include one stunning PT image (Geonosis arena with the Acklay) that GL took from the work of Ray Harryhausen (Crab from the Mysterious Island) who passed away this week:
    [​IMG]

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  5. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013
    TPM:
    Qui Gon and Obi-wan pulling there Hoods down in the Trade Federation ship- When I saw this in theaters the Crowd stood up and applauded because SW was back
    The above mention shot of Maul showing the double bladed saber.

AOTC
    The shot of Anakin Meditating in Lake country, it mimics the shots of Vader staring off into space in on the Star Destoryers in ESB.

ROTS
    The first shost of the Two Jedi starfighters making there into the battle before the close ups(also one of the best Lego star wars levels)
    Anakin's rummuniations in the Council chamber
    Vader Looking at the Sun on Mustafar
    The shot of Obi-wan igniting the saber when he says I will do what I must with where he has postioned himself between Vaderkin and Padme.
    Owen, Beru and Little Luke and the Dual Sunset.

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I have to go with the Battle of Coruscant for obvious reasons, but some shots like the Podrace, Geonosis Arena, and the Binary Sunset I also really liked.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
  8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  9. WatTamborWoo

Jan 22, 2011
    Some marvellous visuals have been posted.

SW is simply epic in scope and it is amazing to be reminded of some of the shots from TPM which were made 14 years ago!

SW is made with great care, and some of the PT's shots that we see for only a few seconds take months to construct (involving CG Matte paintings, models, live action, composites). Another one of the added layers of enjoyment when we see the films. From ROTS:[​IMG]

10. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    The Jedi in a circle being advanced on by battle droids (2:13 in this trailer --> )

In fact it's prob BECAUSE of the trailer that I find it such an epic shot!

WatTamborWoo and Cryogenic like this.
  11. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    The PT has by far some of the greatest shots of Sci-Fi scenery. Thank God for the technology we had in the early 2000's for Lucas and his team to create such wonderful works of art.

12. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    This one for sure. ;)

[​IMG]

FRAGWAGON and Cryogenic like this.
  13. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    This image is viewed as being very symbolic. At the end of TPM; Obi-Wan and Padme stand between Anakin and Sidous.

By the end of RoTS; noone stands between Vader and the Emperor.

14. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Cool, never thought of it like that, but...you're right!

DarthKreVass likes this.
  15. WatTamborWoo

Jan 22, 2011
    WOW! What a brilliant observation! I constantly have to point out to people how subtle SW is and that is a great example.

16. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    +1, what a great call. I was thinking more along the lines of how every one of these people, at some point or other, would change the face of the galaxy. It's a really great shot. But I agree to all above, I think many people fail to really see the beauty of the PT. Although it was in some ways disappointing as a movie, each movie was nothing less than a pure work of art.

17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The PT is perhaps the finest demonstration of how Lucas is primarily a visual storyteller. He may flub other aspects, but he really gets the visuals.

18. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    I had all sorts of clever responses picked out in my head for this thread, but can I just say, "the Revenge Of The Sith theatrical trailer", and leave it there?

SlashMan likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Ep. 3, Anakin and Padme share a moment from across the city without knowing it (or maybe, deep down, they do). Love that bit.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Sure, why not? It was an absolutely brilliant trailer with a lot of great moments. I can't even count how many times I watched it when it was first released. Speaking of ROTS, here are a few more of my favorites from that movies:

[​IMG]

This is one of my favorite visuals of the entire series. It's very, very eerie for an obvious reason.

[​IMG]

Mustafar is such an interesting world for me. I don't know if it's accurate or not but I like to think that it is a world in its infacy.

[​IMG]

This is my favorite part of the Mustafar duel. Two brothers battling it out on a world that is exploding around them just like their relationship has exploded at this point.

21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, ILM's work on Mustafar. All those man hours paid off.

Darth Chiznuk and Cryogenic like this.
  22. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    I forget where I read this originally being pointed out, but here is opposing image from RoTS....

[​IMG]

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They work brilliantly side by side. They start out in varying degrees of "earth tones" and end up completely monochromatic... even Plapy's skin.

24. WatTamborWoo

Jan 22, 2011
    Another superb observation! This was always intended by GL aswell. He speaks in the commentaries of the changing colour palette of the PT, from a very organic and vivid expression at the beginning, to an increasingly grey and emotionless imperial look.

25. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013