main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 6/ Bonus Material Discussion (Spoiler Free)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I believe that was said to be from Star Tours 2.0

2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    No, Cad Bane kills Boba and then Rex takes Boba's place and becomes the bounty hunter we see in ESB. ;)

3. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    That is correct. It was confirmed earlier.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That brings me back. That Boba Fett image was released during the last off season I think. I remember all the speculation.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  5. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    To be fair, it really does look like the Clone Wars style, but I never thought that Boba's uniform would look that beaten up and complete during TCW era. The 1313 concept art is much more in line with how I'd think Boba would look in TCW era.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  6. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Better yet, after Bane kills Boba, Rex* kills Bane to take his place as the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy. The circle is now complete! [face_devil]

*Of course, considering Rex has accelerated aging, it's rather likely that he would be too old to be an effective bounty hunter by the time of TESB; but it's always fun to engage in these 'What if' scenarios. Make it a story for Infinities!

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, this isn't the first time I've seen the theory that Rex kills Boba and takes his place. Its a ton of fun to engage in what ifs, nothing better than the ones that for better or worse would be a real surprise.

"Boba you've grown so tall all the sudden."
    "Umm... I've been eating my Ackbar Cereal. My body can't repel protein of that magnitude!"

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I like your math. 18 episodes is good number. 5 arcs is a good number...

Yes, Clovis is 3 episodes and those episodes are "An Old Friend", "Rise of Clovis" and "Crisis at the Heart". The Clovis arc was meant for S4 - the last season with 3-parters.
    The Fives arc with Trench was mentioned back in the day as a highlight of Season Five. Even Filoni teased and said that season five was gonna be big for Fives, but it did not happen. Since the Fives arc was meant maybe for season five then like all other arcs in that season it would have been four episodes. It is Order 66 and Trench - subjects of no more than four episodes. Only four episodes could give them justice or be enough.

And any leftover scenes, cinematics and so on that have been finished can be added to the content.
    I am praying that one such scene could be a finished Separatist Council meeting with Tikkes in it. One can dream...

Wasn't this promo art for SWW or something that blended TCW and OT styles!? I mean it is too simple to be realistic animation for a game like 1313, but it is too detailed for something like TCW.

I do not see it and it would not be as nearly as epic as anything else. I mean Rex killing Bane would be as emotional or heavy as Rex killing Agruss - it means nothing for either the bigger picture or for each of the characters' growths.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Me, too.

I definitely feel we need to one day actually see Fett take Bane's crown, but I'd much prefer a Dark Times era setting for such an arc to take place with these characters. To be honest, I was hoping we'd one day see Boba Fett knock Cad Bane from the top of the mountain sometime during the proposed Live Action Show.

Maybe (just maybe) this isn't a pipe dream quite yet.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I'm actually starting to doubt the news that we received a couple weeks earlier that only two arcs of Season 6 will be shown, if only because Filoni said that the skeleton team working at LucasFilm said that they'd finish up a "couple" more arcs in the series. It seems weird that by "couple" he'd mean "two" more arcs. Perhaps its not doubt but hope that I am feeling regarding the subject. Either way, if we do get more than two arcs, I hope one of them happens to be Matt Michnovetz's arc.

QuangoFett likes this.
  11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    No hope for a full sixth season, eh? Bummer...

12. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Copied from the Poll Thread with added discussion--

Split my vote between "Season 6 dvd" and "re-edit to movies and release individually". I think the latter option would be the most plausible because that way Disney can make more $ by selling three 4-parters as "movies" for $20 a pop instead of fifteen or so episodes for $30-$35.

Has anyone else wanted to scream because of Adult Swim's dvd content versus pricing? Example: One of the later Aqua Teen seasons has two less episodes and almost no special features but cost more than the other seasons. Also it is in a really cheap crappy package.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    True. The second option does sound more like a Disney scheme and trick for more money.

But the first sounds like the more loyal to the fans option - the option that will have all our belove future episodes in one place. Not 10 places.

But in the end, like with the idea to kill the show... Greed will prevale.

The Adult Swim thing is a horrible joke. It is ripping off fans of shows at its worst.

Darth_Foo likes this.
  14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Based on what Filoni said about wrapping up the show, which was pretty vague, I'm still optimistic that we might get more than what's expected. Maybe at least twenty episodes. There are so many loose ends that need closing out and if they don't address these issues, its possible that the show will be shrugged off as an incomplete mess and no more than extra fodder to anyone in future generations to come.

15. SeinEwigerSchatten

SeinEwigerSchatten Jedi Padawan star 1

May 10, 2013
    If the new series is realy dark times, than the new series will be the bonus material! yay!!! [face_party]

16. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Yeah but are we really sure it comes from TCW ?[/quote]

Wasn't this promo art for SWW or something that blended TCW and OT styles!? I mean it is too simple to be realistic animation for a game like 1313, but it is too detailed for something like TCW.[/quote]

Apparently this is the CGI model for Boba used in Star Tours 2. This is more than is shown in the actual ride where he momentarily appears as a talking head on a side screen during the ride. Also as has been noted Dee Bradley Baker voices Boba as a variation of one of his clone voices which I thought was cool.

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Whoa...How do you know there's that many arcs?

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It wouldn't surprise me. I thought, prior to the Disney buyout or any word of cancellation, that one of the VAs had mentioned that they had already produced most of season 6.

19. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This list is based on what arcs we know exist from a variety of interviews (Filoni, Tom Kane, and Daniel Logan) as well as the previews (the first three on the list). As to how many actual arcs we will get in the bonus content, it's all speculation at this point. It's been speculated here that #2 and #3 may be in fact part of a single arc, given the close relationship between Sifo-Dyas and Order 66 from the Plagueis novel. In any case, this list is the minimum number of stories that we know the team has completed at least in terms of voice-acting. Animation should be completed for the first three arcs on the list.

Here's hoping that we get at least these five arcs in the bonus content!

20. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003

I only expect Disney to do what is best for their shareholders and the companies bottom line.

On that list of acrs, I thought I read somewhere on TFN that the Boba/Bane arc won't be shown? Am I imagining things again??

The elves on my windowsill tell me 'yes i am'

21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Why is this Clovis guy so important?

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    There must be at least a twenty episode season, what with all the stuff that needs closing out. I mean, they started making these episodes a year ago, no? There are at least 5 major things that they can't leave open, right?

23. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    It's not Clovis himself, but it's the other stuff that's in the arc, like Embo in the bounty hunter role, the seemingly heavy separatist involvement, that clone commander kicking ass and the much talked about vault of the Banking Clan in which a secret of some sort is hiding. That and the fact that it was gonna be in Season 5 but got postponed so much that it got pushed out of the season; that certainly helps to make people want to see it.

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Oh, yeah, the vault. I forgot about that.

25. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That's correct. JAT said that Season 6 was mostly down animation wise. So it does stand to reason to expect more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.