main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [OOTS]You suck, Monty

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quixotic-Sith, Dec 3, 2008.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I think it's legit, not an illusion (due to voice, goblin behind him, etc.) and makes me go "WHAT THE WHAT?!??!"

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    ... w00t?

4. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  5. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    At first I was like "**** YEAH!" and then I was like "... wait, what?"

WHAT IS THIS NEW DEVILRY?!

6. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    That's what happens when the runes you are reading are not explosive.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Curious if Roy just killed someone he knows... since Xykon would never refer to him by name (unless that was part of the Phantasmal Killer or whatever...)

8. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    ... uh oh.

(did note though that V is not in frame - maybe s/he hasn't been charmed).

EDIT: crap, just noticed Mr Scruffy also snuffed it in frame 8. :(

9. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    OMG. It's not the real Xykon and Redcloak. Redcloak's eyepatch is on the wrong eye. :eek:

[face_nail_biting]

EDIT: Oh, I see.
    It's all in their heads. Only the last panel is real.

10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Check 884, V has wounds on the face. In this one those wounds are gone. The Raven isn't there either. So V then is an illusion too.

Ok so funny thing from the official forum int he thread for this comic. The Giant:

Originally Posted by Mage Paradox
    1) I went back and checked. Obviously it's the Giant's comic, and he can write whatever he wants. But we all make mistakes, and in this instance he has made a mistake. Elan, V and Durkon all see Redcloak cast disintegrate on Hinjo (a 7th level spell), so they would have known he was of a sufficiently high level to use regeneration. In addition I'm not sure what level of summoning he needed for that Kraken, but I'm thinking that would be pretty high too.
    First, it's a 6th level Wizard spell. Now, who, of the four characters here, do you think has enough ranks in Knowledge (Religion) to know that the spell is a higher level for clerics using it from the Destruction domain than it is for Vaarsuvius, their teammate, who uses it all the time? (Answer: None of them.)

And second, don't tell me I made a mistake in my own comic. I could not give one good goddamn what the rules say about anything. There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one. Further, I do not care what you think is a "reasonable" assumption for them to have made. This is the assumption they DID make. Period. End of discussion.

Now, as far as I see he actually to a good extent follows the rules but as he gets ticked about here is that the rules don't rule the fiction story. Still, he must in some way keep things consistant, he obviously doesn't throw the rules out 100%.

I like the last line the most though:

"I do not care what you think is a "reasonable" assumption for them to have made. This is the assumption they DID make. Period. End of discussion."

Often in movie threads here the reviews will contain a criticism that holds every character to some kind of logical perfection under all conditions. No matter how good you are, no matter how skilled the character or how heroic, they are not always gonna do the most perfectly logical thing in every situation all the time.

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Aww snap, called it.

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    You The Man.

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    As I've been incorrectly predicting the direction of this comic for years, it's a nice feeling. :p

VadersLaMent likes this.
  14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It occurs to me that this is Roy's fantasy which makes it funny that Belkar is killed off. So, what will be the fantasies of the others?

"You're all still alive? Dammit."--Belkar.

15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    887 Happy Ending

I'm having a hard time determining if this is just a continuation of Roy's or bits and pieces of everyone's. This could be how Roy their endings would be.

I see the MitD, and thought perhaps that was what Elan might be riding but the hello kitty umbrella version comes after that.

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I think it's a mixture, because there are a couple of Elan panels - Banjo and... Banjoette?, riding a triceratops, etc. - that I don't think Roy would bother with, though who knows?

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It is interestingly everyone's EXCEPT Belkar.

Or even more interestingly, Belkar's is the one where he dies and Durkon comes back...

Roy's clearly involves defeating Xykon, the statue, throwing the phylactery in the lava...
    Haley's is freeing Azure City (and shooting that bitch Tsukiko in the chest), swimming in gold and restoring her father...
    Elan's is making sure Belkar gets recognized, he/Haley and Roy/Celia and Banjo/Banjette end up happy, making up with his brother with his father's approval and riding a dinosaur...

It's unclear where Durkon comes into play.

18. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Durkon's not charmed so he wouldn't have a fantasy there.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Correct, but Durkon is alive in the fantasies -- and specifically in the ones where Belkar is dead. Roy likely wouldn't imagine him alive. Haley likely wouldn't either. I'm not sure Elan would even imagine that.

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    888 Dream Wedding

Gee, I wonder who's fantasy this is.

I wonder, if this is shared then they all know what each other's fantasy ending is, and that might bring conflict, especially if we see Belkar's fantasy ending...

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Now I'm wondering if it's shared and Roy's about to go "Wait, wait what?"

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    That and the still living Belkar is gonna be "Wait, wait, what?" OR, the next comic will show Belkar's fantasy of slaughtering people in the group and shock eveyrone else.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I still maintain Belkar's fantasy is the one where he IS dead (and Scruffy comes with him, since they can't be apart) and Durkon comes back to life.

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  24. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I agree with you there, dp, and I find it rather touching (considering this is Belkar we're talking about).

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Belkar? Sexy shoeless god of war? No. His fantasy will involve him killing not being killed.