main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Force Ghost Anakin (Hayden Christensen)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, May 1, 2013.

1. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I actually believe Anakin (Hayden) showing up as a force ghost is close to necessary, to tie the three trilogies together. I look forward to it happening ...

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, well, I'd rather not see him again in SW. Ever.

Jimstarwarsfan likes this.
  3. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    I would see return as a force ghost young. He'll be able to speak to his son and grandchildren chatting and guiding them.

4. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Normally actors get a bad rap for a reason. I dont think i could bare Hayden in another star wars flick. Hes one of the reasons that i dont rate the PT. But that s my opinion. Perhaps disney will scrap the PT and re-make it. But thats my own feelings.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Usually good films are remade, not mediocre ones. I don't get my hopes up regarding the PT.

6. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    Well i think as good films are re-made, the PT is high on disneys list for a remake.:p

7. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    I would rather Yoda appear. but thats just my opinion.

8. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

I think both showing up is inevitable....

-C

9. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    Theres just something a bit weird about Luke talking to a father that looks 40 years younger.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  10. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

Oh, i agree totally. Its one of the worst changes to the OT by far. Not too sure how they will handle it, but they (meaning Yoda, Anakin, and to an extent OB1) need to show up in the ST. Force Ghost OB1 was in all 3 OT movies guiding Luke. To just have that stop, would be *odd* storytelling

-C

11. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    I'm all for the force ghosts coming back. I see no problem with it. People complaining about it, it's just overkill for you to do so. It's inevitable. We will be seeing Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Yoda in force ghost form.

12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    But there's the problem that you have too many characters that "should" come back. They will have to cut some of the traditional characters (because if they don't the new generation will be overshadowed too much) and cutting the ghosts (maybe bar Anakin) is easy as they can't have any character development anyway. Imo dead people should rest and trust the next generation to handle whatever is thrown at them.

Anakin at least has a better excuse to return than Yoda or Obi-Wan: He knows stuff about Sith and the Dark Side.

And by the way, Luke doesn't need Obi-Wan anymore. He is now his own Jedi. Not having Obi-Wan around is not bad story telling.

BigAl6ft6 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Agreed. All you need is Anakin, otherwise Force Ghost Heaven would get cluttered. Like can you imagine Luke talking to Anakin and then Master Yoda Force Ghost fades in and is all like "No! Listen to me, you will! Skywalker!" "Which one?" "Should have, you. Will, you!" "Huh?" "Yeah, but I'm already dead Master Yoda" And so forth.

Just Anakin. It's Luke's dad, kind of a closer connection than his former masters.

VMeran, LunarMoth and Darth_Pevra like this.