main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion A few questions about GL and his involvement...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Seagoat, May 8, 2013.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I just noticed what's going on in that avatar... nice. :p

Poor Greedo and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    We don't know at this point if Arndt & Lucas worked together or if Lucas gave him the detailed treatments and he's run with it.

We do know that Pablo Hidalgo was doing a bunch of research for Lucas for several months before E7/the sale were announced.

We don't know if that's (a) because Lucas wants to use some EU ideas, (b) Lucas wants to stay away from any EU, or (c) he's looking for a time period where not a lot has happened, or (d) some other reason.

Lucas is undoubtedly an ideas man, and I'm happy he's letting Arndt do the actual writing. But some of Lucas' ideas for the PT and TCW have been pretty idiotic.

I think people should also start preparing themselves to have existing canon for this period disintegrated, as happened so often in TCW.

3. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    When it comes to George Lucas hackery (redundant)? Pretty much, yeah.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Guys the gif was a joke and not meant to be taken seriously. Why can't people have fun on the internets? WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS

5. Resolution

Resolution Jedi Padawan

Mar 12, 2013
    All he will be is a consultant, canon information and support. Arndt is a huge Star Wars fan and right now no one even knows the plot or anything. I've read that Disney liked his treatments. And when Lucas said he has moved on he really moved on. He will be there if needed but won't have much to do unless they talk to him about stuff. But considering there is a wealth of info they don't really need Lucas.

6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The fans will bash Lucas, but he can take it. He's the executive consultant they deserve, but not the one they need right now.

7. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    That's pretty funny. And while I appreciate everything Lucas has done in his career, I hope he has little involvement in the sequel trilogy.

8. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Commissioner Gordon? Are you a Star Wars fan?

:)

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Please, my father was Commissioner Gordon. Call me Steve.

10. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Disney owns the property. They can do what they want with it. However, they also know that buying SW and then showing Lucas the door would be a PR disaster. It would also be foolish just from the sheer fact Lucas has made six of these movies. He's lived with it for nearly 40 years.
    So, they kept him on as consultant. They can use him when needed and ignore him when they want. But, they're doing all of this the right way. You give the creator a seat at the table.

Everyone wins: Lucas, who can now have time for his smaller projects, museum, marriage, etc and Disney, who can utilize Lucas' three-plus decades involvement in the SW universe.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    RED TAILS: SPECIAL EDITION can now recieve his full attention.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  12. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    OT here but HBO is playing that film like mad this month.

13. SeinEwigerSchatten

SeinEwigerSchatten Jedi Padawan star 1

May 10, 2013
    I dont think GL will be comfortable without any Star Wars. Its his life and i think he will miss it sooner or later.

Maybe he will try to make another star wars like universe and just call it different? I would watch GLs storys rather than any soulless hollywood stories. PT was over the top amateurish but that was what i loved. Star Wars needs to be amateurish. Amateur Stormtroopers, Amateurconstructors of vulnearable deathstars. Amateruish emperors and their stupid tactics, amateurish rebells, amateurish jedi and sith getting cut in half or jump into lava.

its so amateurish. i love it! :D

14. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'd love that!

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  15. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    That sums it up

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Lucas should cameo in VII as a ship mechanic who just got done working on the Falcon, so he walks up to Han and goes "There, it should be faster and more intense."

17. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Oh that would be awesome. [face_laugh] Heck, if any 'faster and more intense' jokes are made on the set, I'd pay just to see that.

18. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    GL will arrive in his Mercedes Benz, park in his highly sought after parking spot, grab a huge cup of coffee, greet eveyone with a smile, pick up his check and commence a series of laughter as he drives to the bank. That will be his involvment.
    ;)

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  20. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    I so need a job like that [face_praying] .. In fact, we all do...

21. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    That's great here's another cameo for him:
    He's a street salesman in Tatooine. Han walks by and GL yells " Would you like a hat, sir" as he shows him a Fedora. and Han Replies. "Sure, but only if the price is right!"
    ;)