main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Tide of Discussion: the d20 ToF OOC thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Saintheart, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm going to try to figure out my actions tomorrow, at the moment I am not in a fit state of mind to do so.

2. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    I am still around, just trying to figure out what I'm doing.

3. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    Okay, I will be delaying until the others have made their moves. That way I can help mop up anything still alive/fighting them.

4. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  5. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    That leaves us with William and Ragnar. I'll update 24 hours from now and make my own decisions about what those characters do if I don't see a note in the meantime. :) Corrath moves in to shank the other hobgoblin as Light suggested, it's not a natural 1.

6. cassie5squared

cassie5squared Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 8, 2010
    Sorry, Saint - I've spent the past week and a half moving house, I'm a bit distracted. [face_hypnotized] I'll have a course of action in place by this time tomorrow!

7. cassie5squared

Dec 8, 2010
    Hokay, after considering the options, William is going to target the nearest living hobgoblin with his Fiery Burst feat.

"You can spend a standard action to create a 5-foot-radius burst of fire at a range of 30 feet. This burst deals 1d6 points of fire damage per level of the highest level fire spell you have available to cast. A successful Reflex save halves the damage. As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting fire spells."

Given William's got the 5th-level spell Mass Fire Shield memorised, that's 5d6. Kaboom. :D

8. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    All right, stats are done and I'm doing the update at the moment. I had to shift one or two targets around because of kills made, but all actions still take place. Hang in there for a while...

9. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Update is up. Stats are there more for reference if needed. Enjoy!

For those interested in the scorekeeping, it's another one-hit kill from Ariel and 71 odd hitpoints of damage from Ragnar. Mazarun finished the giant off with a single hand crossbow bolt, then the Hobgoblin Commander - and Corrath, Skadi, and William all claimed kills here. Zanaek still cast Summon Hound Archon, because once he declares, he's committed, and so there's an angel of the Celestial Realms also standing here (well, for the next 10 rounds, anyway).

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    WELL...SNAP!!!!!

The silvery shapes are PASSING us....or converging on us?!

11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    No, advancing on you from the south. They're hobgoblin troops by the look of it, just as the hobgoblins presently running for their lives from you were silvery shapes in the moonlight. There's too many hobgoblins to immediately count. We're talking in the hundreds. On the plus side, they're a good two hundred feet away or so, so they won't exactly be on top of you in one round's time or anything.

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    So..we're roughtly 480 feet away from the south gate... and got folks further south advancing on us?

And the city is getting attacked from the north?

*Sounds like time for a teleport!* :p

13. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Time to head back to the other way then. Skadi will cast Mass Fire Resistance on everyone, spending an AP to boost the caster level by 2 to 12 in order to get 30 Fire Resistance for everyone.

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Good time to unload the tangleroot bags and some fire, Ktala.

Gonna have the Hound Archon finish off the last giant if it's still standing and whatever hobgoblins it can kill. Unless he can bookit to where he's needed in less than the time he's up and still be of use?

Tapatalk Signature
    ----------
    Use the light switch, Luke. Trust your feelings!

15. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Last giant is already down and hobgoblins are fleeing, Mitth. As to whether he can make it to where he's needed in time: summoned celestials can't use Teleport on the Prime Material Plane, and he doesn't have Haste on him. His maximum Run speed would therefore be 160 feet per round - on the ground since he, like several of you in fact, is not endowed with a Fly speed. And you've got about 10 rounds to use him in.

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Use the tanglefoot bags on WHO Mitth??? Since everyone else we were attacking is either dead or run off, dont think I wanna toss stuff at the army to the south of us just yet, do we? I think we all are just booking it back to the castle right now..

17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    The hobgoblins 200ft away advancing in our direction perhaps?

Saintheart okay so it'll take him 4 rounds then to get back to the city gates and have 6 rounds left over to do something.

Unfortunately it'll take me twice as long to get back on foot and I don't know if he'll leave if I get out of range via teleport.

Tapatalk Signature
    ----------
    Use the light switch, Luke. Trust your feelings!

18. cassie5squared

Dec 8, 2010
    Guys, rememer, William can only take three other people at once with a teleport. Also he hasn't got it memorised.

19. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Take another look at your backpack, cass... ;)

20. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    *Is dying of suspense!* (such a good scene!!!)

Saintheart likes this.
  21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    *pounces* a-HAA!! I KNEW we'd catch a lurker sooner or later! :D :D

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ariel can fly..... Wont take that long to catch back up. *hopefully*
    ;)

Laughs at Grey.... :D

23. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    I can Dimension Door... three of you, I think. Who's up for a shortcut?

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'd be keen for a boom tube, but my physical location should be very low on the priority list.

25. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Three plus Mazarun himself, correct (fortunately everyone's still Medium size). Maximum range for the spell is 800 feet (400 + 40 x 10 (Maz's CL is 10 for Spell-like Abilities, equal to his character level)), so to a site about 300 feet north of Brindol's south walls in one casting.