main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars Ewoks: Shadows of Endor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kez-Iban, May 14, 2013.

1. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
  2. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    [face_hypnotized] Mount Sorrow's ROTJ whereabouts revealed! CANT WAIT, MUST HAVE!!! make this a monthly series please! I want to know what the Ewoks did with Charals Nightsister talisman that allows shapeshifting!

3. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Super excited for this. And, hey, Zack drew the Dusty Duck and original crew for my story "The Smuggler's Daughter" in Star Wars Outsider!

4. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
  5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    They did nothing with it, it was destroyed.

... oh, wait, you were joking. Sorry, I never get jokes. [face_blush]

6. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

actually that was no joke at all ;) It may help explain the mystery surrounding Teebo and Paploo and their look-switches ;)

7. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Oh gods yes :D I so hope the Stormtroopers get those fancy Blaster Staffs from the Droids/Ewoks Cartoons. Also now we can again hope for a Screed and/or Baobab comic.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  8. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Well in that case, if I did my job correctly when I wrote the article, the Talisman of the Raven was destroyed in the course of the second Ewok movie. It lost its power when it was shattered, after the ur-spirit contained in the ring was released. Anyway, it seems that a Nightsister Talisman of Transformation can only turn you into one specific creature depending on which ur-spirit's energy you've tapped in.

9. Suikoman444

Suikoman444 Jedi Master

Sep 8, 2009
    Looks like it is basically a continuation of the Adventures line of comics, which we haven't had a new book since August 2011.

10. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Kneesaa and Latara and co? Awesome. This looks like a delight. Do a Droids one next, Dark Horse!

cthugha and Grievousdude like this.
  11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So random. So awesome. But so random.

12. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Somehow I always knew Mount Sorrow would have something to do with causing a time imbalance that splits the timeline off into two directions.

13. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    Do I smell Cindel Towani getting a cameo, canon age finally and thus the ewok movies a proper placement officially?

14. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    What's wrong with the placement of the Ewok movies? 3.5 ABY sounds good, doesn't it?

15. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    not if Death Star 2 above Endor is canon as in latest Star Wars comic by Dark Horse already shortly after ANH ;) IF imperial presence on Endor is recent, it works, if not, it fails. Thus, given troublesome new comic showing Imperials over Endor already 0 ABY, Ewok Movies need to take place pre-ANH actually!

16. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Which cannot work either since the Ewok movies feature an Imperial walker wooden toy, which means that the events of the movies occurred after the Battle of Hoth. [face_worried] That new Star Wars series is really nice, but that's another cause of continuity nightmares...

17. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

wrong, AT-ATs exist since the Clone Wars already due to CW Era comics... ;)

18. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Darned. That's true... That awful Battle of Jabiim thing. BUT there's also the fact that Pfilbee Jhorn went to explore Endor after the Battle of Hoth, and both Terak and Charal were still alive at the time, since he met them. Granted, Star Wars Galaxies did contradict that time placement, but Galaxies' timeline was always fleeting and vague at best.

(Not that I absolutely want to have the last word at all costs, but I just want to point out that things are far from being clear. :p)

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  19. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    :(

20. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Don't get me wrong my friend, I liked those old Clone Wars comics, but I was disappointed that the AT-AT were not Veers' brainchild anymore. Come one, that was his thing!

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Choices of One did it first.

22. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    He apparently still designed the current version.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  23. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    here we are discussing continuity again...

well you are right, Veers Brainchild they were. but he may have improved them then maybe. or CW versions were artistic license only.

still, the explorer Pfilbee Jhorn troubles me greatly now cause I LOVE the book he is from and its continuity shall not be violated ever!

ok.. so my last straw is that the Empire worked over Endor on DS2 but had no presence on the moon yet which they only needed once the shield generator was neccessary, which probably happened late like the superlaser installation. so it can still work with 3.5 ABY for Pflilbee, Ewok movies AND imperial scouting... still that pushes them all really close together into the same months at best... is that optimal? Did Noa know of Pfilbee? why did they not meet him if the Towani family got stranded there for months if not few years actually, which makes more sense as a timeframe to develop communication with the Ewoks etc. and settle in, give up hope of rescue... which still is stupid with an Imperial battle station over their heads visible in the sky...

oh my... L-canon you are my only hope!

PS: So, given all happening close by... did the Imperials shoot down the Towani family craft?

jaoblias and LelalMekha like this.
  24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
  25. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    You know me too well...