main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ultimate Swordsman (Part II)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Silas Nightstalker, May 14, 2013.

?

Which of these light side duelists is the greatest?

1. Jaina Solo

43.8%
  2. Jacen Solo

25.0%
  3. Anakin Solo

18.8%
  4. Mara Jade Skywalker

6.3%
  5. Leia Organa Solo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Tahiri Veila

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ki-Adi-Mundi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Shaak Ti

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Kyle Katarn

56.3%
  10. Corran Horn

6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    Okay folks, let's see who you think is the greatest swordsman/woman out of these duelists! Feel free to vote for multiple choices if you are torn. Part III will feature the Dark Side duelists, but for right now, we're rounding out the light side.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Why? Cause I honestly think they killed the WRONG SOLO off and Anakin had the potential to be freaking Awesome!

3. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I agree completely Addie, but Katarn was also weapons-master or something like that. Oh, and he kicked dark-jedi butt without any training at all.

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I went with the Sword of the Jedi here. I mean she has to be called that for a reason right? :p

I also have to say that in my opinion this class seems rather weak as compared to the first set.

[​IMG]

5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree!

You shouldn't have told me I could pick two, becuase I did :p Anakin and Jaina.

6. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    Yeah, I was grasping at straws on this one to find decent duelists. The dark side list will be good. :)

7. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Gonna say either Katarn, or Jacen Solo:

Katarn- Without any type of formal training he defeated 7 Dark Jedi (All who were fully trained, with Jerec being a former Jedi Master), and a few years later defeated Desann and his apprentice Tavion, and this was after he hadn't been practicing with a lightsaber for years. He killed an untold amount of Reborns over the years, and his skills were also acknowledged as immense by Darth Caedus. Luke Skywalker had enough faith in him to declare him the NJO's Battlemaster.

Solo- Dueled evenly with multiple Jedi, and defeated Kyle Katarn. Battled his uncle and managed to survive, defeated Aurra Sing (One of the most notable Jedi Killers in history), took on a crew of Mandalorians, and went toe to toe with his sister (Who was being amped by Luke Skywalker at the time) Don't have any of my LOTF novels on me, but I believe somewhere in that series he was acknowledged as the 2nd Greatest Duelist in the galaxy.

Silas Allender and Runjedirun like this.
  8. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    I myself voted for Kyle Katarn, as he stood toe-to toe with Darth Caedus, losing only because he was hit by a speeder. A freaking SPEEDER! And he survived being impaled, which says something about his toughness. Had he not been run over, I believe he would have won. Caedus just had superior Force powers.

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Kyle is probably the best from this group, thought the Solo kids (ignoring Darth Vader II) and Corran are also excellent swordsmen.

10. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    I've always thought that Corran was an excellent swordsman. He doesn't get nearly enough credit. After all, Luke trusted him enough to accompany him into the Jedi Temple to battle the Sith, along with Jaina. Not Kyp, not Kyle, but Corran. We need more literature about him.

Formthreemaster likes this.
  11. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I can't stand the post-NJO, so those events don't factor into my choices, but even then Corran still ranks in the upper echelon of swordsman to me.

12. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    I really wish I would have included Saba in this list. She's a boss.

13. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Katarn single-handly defeated Jerec and his Dark Jedi!

14. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    This.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.