main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    "A spin-off movie? And it's to be a musical? ...Oh dear."

2. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Well,we know Ewan can sing,so why not a musical? He did great in Moulin Rouge.one of his best.

serendipityaey and Pensive Padme like this.
  3. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Yay, Obi-Wan musical! I can see it now... the exiled Jedi Master dances around the Tatooine desert singing:

Oh, these Tuscan raiders
    They're not as tough as Vader
    That crazy guy is really bad
    So don't tell Luke about his Dad...

[face_dancing]

4. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    [face_laugh] Too funny, Eryndil! That makes me think of the parody musical number "Empire on Ice" in one of the Robot Chicken Star Wars installments...:)

Imagine if someone in the Disney corp started an official-sounding "leak" that Ep VII was being planned as a musical...[face_mischief]

5. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Is anyone here willing to read through my Star Wars/Doctor Who crossover fic before I post it? I've already got a Doctor Who fan assessing whether I've written the Doctor how he would be in this situation he's been thrust in to... and how he'd interact with Obi-Wan and Anakin, though the problem with this fan is that they have never ever watched Star Wars at all, so they can't assess whether I'm writing Obi-Wan and Anakin in the right way they should be...

I figured I'd ask :p

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm willing...you can "PM" me or email me - is that all you want - an in-or-out of character analysis?

7. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'll PM you... It's just an in-or-out of character analysis, just if they really would say what they are saying. My other 'assessor' is checking grammar too, so that's not needed.

Having never written a crossover before, its hard to judge whether I'm keeping true to all characters.

8. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes!! I can too. Here he is, really belting it out , top of his lungs:
    [​IMG]

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you stupid jerk!
    You've ruined almost thirteen years of wooooork!
    You've gone and done-in master Qui-Goooooon,
    And I'm a very, very angry Pada-waaaaaaaan!!!
    *dooo dee doodeee dooo*
    etc

Pensive Padme, Eryndil and obimom like this.
  9. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    [face_rofl]

I cannot wait until the Obi/Who crossover...:D

hlc88 likes this.
  10. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    brilliant idea, daring and bold and I'm sure very fun. !
    Which Doctor did you decide to use?

11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ruth, does any one of these pics come close to representing Obi-Wan as he presently looks in your fic? I couldn't find a good head/ body shot for Ash to fix up, and I tried to find pics with a little more "darker" so to speak look, although his smiley ones are tempting to get hte drool machine going.....anyway..the last one could be fixed up I think...maybe. Hair not as long, but he's young here (and very cute), and has a bit of a semi angsty look.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now this would be a cute "older padawan" pic...like 17 to 19 I mean, yeah, not quite the padawan cut...but this could be when he's first growing his hair out after Dooku told him to..yes? Of course in your story, I don't think he would be looking quite this happy...oh, who cares..what a cutie. [face_love]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, a young master Obi-Wan, a few years into training Anakin maybe..or a hair bit older perhaps...looking perplexed at something Anakin just said or did. ;)

Better stop before I fill up the board with droolie pics. ;)

12. Angelnumber25

Angelnumber25 Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2009
    No, keep 'em coming! ;)

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    He's scruffy in #2 although I see a bit more #3 in Lineage 9. Can't say as I like him in #1 or #2 especially - don't like the longer hair and on Ewan it's a darn shame not to play up his face/eyes. A mop of hair tends not to look good on most any men. IMHO.

14. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    # 1pic reminds me of when he guested in a drama series that i saw when i was vacationing in Australia some years back.name of the show was Kavanaugh Q.C. British,i believe.

15. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Oh, I've become a Grand Master. How exciting, following in Yoda's footsteps (tiny, green, triple-toed footsteps!)

Pensive Padme and Angelnumber25 like this.
  16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Tenth Doctor with his companion Donna! :)

obimom and ruth baulding like this.
  17. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Hmmmm, Deb. #2 without the facial hair, but tied back /most the time/ I think....
    I went looking for photos too but I got BADLY distracted and might have to go find some ice or something... be back later...=P~

obimom likes this.
  18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ruth...I agree. . #2 but without the facial hair definitely has the look you're describing...

It's funny how our perspectives can be so different. Although on Ewan, just about any look looks good on him (except that awful haircut from the girl fighter movie...I detested that haircut), I thought his long hair enhanced his gorgeous eyes....adn I've thought that on other guys I've seen and known from my youth.. There are guys I used to know who to me was not as good looking when they cut their hair. :)

There is one thing about Ewan though...when he has a lot of hair covering him, as good as it might look on him (to me) , those adorable dimples and cleft don't show...;)

19. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh goodness... he's so purdy to look at it makes me squirm.
    Off to write some more.... there's a little Siriwan going on in this book just for you , Deb.

obimom likes this.
  20. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh! And I a mere Master. I shall have to take orders form you and dodge your gimer stick. And here I thougt we had all been freed of whimsical tyranny when Val became a Force Ghost!!;)

21. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Oh boy, oh boy...some Siriwan in Ruth's story....=D=

22. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Don't clap yet... master Dooku does NOT approve.
    Nor does he look the other way.

23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Oh, dear....bad Dooku...bad, bad...I guess he doesn't have a "Tahl" in his life to give him understanding...

24. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Thanks obimom ! I'm here, I'm here! Sorry for not responding, though I did catch theses posts and they gave me a smile :) I've been lost in a pit of despair of which even Obi has had trouble coaxing me out, though not for lack of trying. Crazy life things, work stress, health things, blah, blah, blah. :(

I've been thinking about that pic, and I'd like to work on it soon! I know I had trouble picking an Obi to go with that Siri so if anything pops up that you like, let me see it :)

Writing got postponed by too much life angst but I'm almost finished posting my Jack the Giant Slayer fic and then I'll have brand new Miracle to post. I have lots written! It's just a matter of editing till I'm happy to post, I suppose.

I know Obi-Wan has definitely been bugging me for a turn of romance and comfort, if only for a moment ;)

Welcome Pensive Padme and Lilywan and everyone else who is new! Good to see you. And looking forward to more writing Valairy Scot :)

25. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I love this pic, though I can't remember it in the movie...deleted scene? I love the play of light, I love his beard and his hair and his face and his eyes and his mouth...

I love the smile in his eyes, and that look like just maybe he wants to get up to a little mischief... It does funny things to my tummy, and sends the muse into drive :D

[​IMG]