main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What planets or scenes would you like to see in Ep VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jason79, Nov 7, 2012.

1. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    Nal Hutta and maybe Endor itself as opposed to just one it's moons. ;)

2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Endor itself (and not it's forest moon featured in RotJ) is a gas giant... are you purposing another cloud city?

3. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Dac/Mon Cala

4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    A new one, next to a globular star cluster. Top that Tatooine. :p

[​IMG]

5. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    Korriban ie Valley of the Sith Lords, Dromund Kaas, Mustafar again, Coruscant again, Ossus, Tython, and Mandalore are my top picks....

6. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    CORELLIA!

Ryloth
    Nar Shadaa
    Korriban
    Dantooine (I liked the earlier suggestion of a Jedi pilgrimage, or perhaps a Jedi hermitage instead?)
    Felucia
    Rakata Prime (no Star Forge)
    Coruscant Underlevels

A new planet that matches the description of Yuuzhan'tar (sounded cool, didn't like that it was Coruscant)

I really wished we had gotten to see more of Alderaan.
    I'd rather not see Tatooine.

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Kuat.

Mykr.

Korriban.

Yavin IV. We've already been there of course, but I want Exar Kun's temple.

8. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I think Corellia would be a great choice.

Very much OT linked (in imaginations) but also something new (something surprising).

SW is fantastic for new locations. I really hope we get some memorable planets.

The PT had some great planets (like Felucia and Utupau and Kashyykk) but it felt at times we just got glimpses (apart from Coruscant and Tatooine and Naboo).

It would be great for the story to spend time on some of the hopefully new fantastic SW worlds.

9. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    How about a planet orbiting a star that was being slowly consumed by a black hole?

<---- This, essentially.

10. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Corellia
    New Planet
    New Planet

NO Tatooine
    NO other OT planet

Expand the universe with this film.

11. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    A black hole would defeat lense flare, therefore this will not happen in ep VII. :p;)

Circular_Logic likes this.
  12. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Korriban would be amazing.

I think it could be a really great way to take the cave sequence from ESB to the next level. If you take a group of Jedi and put them in a situation where they're exploring the tombs in the valley of the dark lords, suddenly you've got an awesome set up for a psychological horror- type sequence that we've never seen before in SW. Anyone who's played the KOTOR games knows what I'm talking about. It shouldn't be anything too creepy, of course.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  13. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    On a lighter note....

Perhaps the Planet of Potential Lens Flares...CHRISTOPHSIS

A union of SW (from CW) and JJ (lens flares)

[​IMG]

Ryus likes this.
  14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I see what you did there...

15. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Aha! You're a smart one! But it is not so!

Watch this. The scene I'm thinking of in particular starts at 14:32. Put the slider forward to about 14:30 in the video and start watching from there:

A feeding black hole is anything but black. Very dramatic looking, and plenty of scope for gratuitous lens flare.

16. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Fully aware, problem with your comment though is if the black hole has already devoured that much of the planet then clearly a scene can't take place on its surface. If your suggesting the black hole devouring other worlds and us just witnesing it from afar, then Im cool with it. However that's not what you stated nor implied.

Next off a feeding black hole is still 'black' and will remain so forever, though your right that the matter falling into it glows burning hot... but they aren't the black hole yet, just objects in a decaying orbit around it.

Back to lense flare, again still we cant have a black hole. Since either JJ Abrams will overkill the lens flare so much we'll never see the black hole or the black hole isnt destroying anything atm so JJ wont be interesed in using it since he cant make it look cool. 8-}

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  17. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Tython....

18. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Also, Shili.

Because the Togruta in general are one of the coolest "new" species introduced in the post-1999 era, they just look grand and resplendent with those long headtails and graceful horns, and they've begun to be developed and populated into various SW works. But we still know very little about their background, their society, their homeworld. Are they a one-planet setup with a handful of tiny colonies? A regional power with a bunch of worlds? Does the state self-identify its people primarily as Togruta, or Shilian, or whatever? Is it highly homogenous consisting of near 100% Togruta, or is it more cosmopolitan, with humans, twi'leks, rodians et al scattered through it?

Also, more males of the species should appear. Because almost all of them we've seen are female.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Shili should appear until the end of the opening scene where it is used as the test subject for the third Death Star.

20. jeteagle

jeteagle Jedi Master

Nov 17, 2012
    Korriban, Nal Hutta and Nar Shaddaa have not yet been seen in movies. They would be fresh and original to vast majority of people who will see it, and they have a lot of character that can easily bee seen onscreen and they have great potential for stories.

21. Dr. Chaos

Dr. Chaos Jedi Padawan star 1

May 19, 2013
    Korriban.

Easily my favorite planet. In the Old Republic games, it just had this great creepy barren evilness to it that was rife with sith arrogance and desolation.

I also want an epic saber duel between a sith and jedi on Hoth. You can never have too much Hoth.

22. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Definetly Korriban and/or Corellia of the existing ones.

I hope they avoid places like Tatooine, Hoth, Bespin, Endor...hell, even Yavin.
    In-universe, all of those are supposed to be very, very remote places. They served their purpose in the story and I would much rather see planets not in the movies so far than endlessly retread old ones.

The only possible exception is maybe Yavin IV, but then again it's role as a home for the Jedi Academy is something out of EU. Nothing against that, but for all we know the Academy (if there is one) in the movies might very well be anywhere. And it wouldn't bother me a bit if it was someplace else.

23. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
  24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Nal Hutta (with glittering Nar Shaddaa hovering above it), Korriban and Corellia.

25. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    i want to see Tatooine again and Naboo but not the CGI bits
    really want to see Sullust, Corellia, Malastere, Kessel and its spice mines, Mon Calamari, Iago, a bit more of Mygeeto