main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun You know you're a nerd when...

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 18, 2013.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    ...you relize King Kong might have had an easier time on top of the Empire State Building if he had done what monkeys do and thrown poop at the aircraft.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You catch all the WOK references in the new Trek movie.

3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I'll see that tomorrow. I shalt watch for WOK.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    You catch all the Space Seed references in the new Trek movie.

Random Comments likes this.
  5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    And the Trek movie before that. And the Trek movie before that.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  6. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I thought seeing the photon torpedo casing Spock was buried in in Generations when Data and Geordi were looking around that observatory was pretty fanservicey when I saw it as a high school senior.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I... Think I'm going to need to see Generations again, because I thought that was just a regular torpedo, instead of it being TWOK one.

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Was it the same one? Because they'd shown photon torpedoes outside of those two films, and all of them look like that.

Oh well, it'd be pretty minor in a film with such a mess of a plot.

9. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I just consulted Memory Alpha; apparently the photon torpedo in Generations was of a different class than the one that was used to bury Spock, but I'll be darned if I didn't notice it when I saw it on the big screen.

10. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    You encounter cabbages on the road, swerve your car to avoid them and your first thought isn't "My goodness, that could've been dangerous!", it's "MY CABBAGES!!!!!!!!"

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ...you went to see Star Trek Into Darkness and every time the evil Admiral showed his face the word "Robocop" flashed through your mind.

...a character's name in a book I am reading is named Igensard yet it is so close to Isengard that I I have decided to henceforth refer to this character only as Isengard.

Space_Wolf likes this.
  12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    you're ever so proud that daughter and son in law like ST:ID so much that they decide to watch WOK that evening when they get home.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    STOP WITH THE SPOILERS ALREADY

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ...you spend over an hour searching for the material needed to make the posts that I made IN THIS THREAD

15. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Or, if you want to be traditional: you learn the original song written by Tolkien in the chapter "An Unexpected Party" at the start of the book (set, of course, to the awesome melody by Howard Shore), and then try to translate it to other languages while keeping the rhyme and rythm patterns of the original, seeing as you didn't find the appropriate translations on the internets.

Cheers,
    Lauré :)

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Or you spend four hours sitting at your piano arranging a Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit medley by ear.

And then the following day you do Game of Thrones.

And then the day after that you do a medley of music from a turn-based strategy fantasy game from 1999 that you grew up with but no one else remembers (I be speaking of Heroes of Might and Magic III).

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    ...or as a girl you had a crush on Spock in the original TV series because you were sure that you could be the one to really "bring out his human side" :-B

18. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    You imagine the historical research projects you would fund if you had won hundreds of millions in yesterday's powerball lottery, even though you did not play because you understand how insane the odds are.

MrZAP likes this.
  19. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    You spend several weeks researching for a Fan fiction story.

Darthkat76 and Juliet316 like this.
  20. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Been there, done that, too. I have a five-minute heroic suite piano medley from LOTR under my belt... and then I looked over the official score, and realised that some parts of my arrangement were almost identical to the corresponding melodies they had published. It was a bizarre experience, to say the least...

Cheers,
    Lauré :)

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ...my job is partly indoors and partly outdoors. As a result when the forecast calls fro rain I take a hooded jacket with me to keep the rain off. Whilst wearing it it flashes through my mind, "Ezio walking all badass" or "Jedi in the rain".

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  22. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2013
    When every person comes up to you to ask "Who is that girl from Star Wars? Ya know, the one in white..."

23. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    You:

a) keep checking to see if there are any new posts in the Doctor Who thread, or
    b) get excited when, upon your return home from work, there are lots of new posts to read in the Doctor Who thread

24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    when seeing the letters GWL makes you giggle at work and when asked about it and explaining they are George Lucas's initials they as 'George who?'

Ahsoka_Tano_11 likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    When an actor's haircut inspires a dormant muse to supply you with fanfic ideas (those in the Doctor Who thread may know who I'm talking about)