main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
  2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    That had better be from a private school.

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  4. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    The second page is even better. "If someone tells you the earth is millions of years old [sic], what should be your reply?" Answer: "Were you there?"

I wonder exactly how many small schools and home-schooling parents are pulling curriculum materials directly from Answers from Genesis. Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands? Tens of thousands?

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Were you there?"

"No, but unlike you, I am literate and how to read a report written by reputable scientists as opposed believing what my preacher tells me about what was said by superstitious men in robes."

This was at a private school in South Carolina but this "curriculum" is sold to many private schools and probably home schools. And several states want creationism taught as a so-called "alternative viewpoint" in public schools.

Juliet316 and VadersLaMent like this.
  6. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    But...The bible never mentions dinosaurs....

AiG is not only delusional of science....they are also in the dark when it comes to their own religion.

EDIT -- And I'm pretty sure the "behemoth" is really just an elephant.
    Note that the bible references ivory numerous times, but the word "elephant" never appears.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Exactly, which is why I don't think these people actually read.

8. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    "Where you there?"

"No, where you? Then shut up and take a scientist's word that the Earth is as old as they claim."

9. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    That test is ridiculous! Sauropod tails didn't trail on the ground! Oh the education these days.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Does not surprise me, looks like it is in Bob Jones U territory, the northern tip of my state is so embarrassing.

Private school is a double-edged sword- I was fortunate to attend one, and had some excellent teachers who advocated progressive/controversial stances in History, Religion, and Political Science courses that would never fly in the public system in SC, with the cabal that runs the show here. Some of it was way over my head at the time, but it was beneficial to be in an environment that encouraged ideas.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't even like driving into Fort Mill last fall when my son had a swim meet there; I got bombarded with Rick Santorum signs. [face_sick]

heels1785 likes this.
  12. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
  13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Yep. That's a whole lotta damned derp right there.

14. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    [Mr44]Both sides are just as bad![/Mr44]

Lord Vivec and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep. That'll be a Secret Service visit for him.

16. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Sigh...here we go again:

Televangelist Pat Robertson was asked today on the '700 Club' about the tornadoes that have ravaged the Midwest and killed at least twelve people (video below).
    He said that the storms weren’t an act of God, but instead turned it around on the victims, asking, “why did you build houses where tornadoes were apt to happen?”
    Robertson said the tornadoes may not have happened if enough victims had prayed: “If enough people were praying He would’ve intervened, you could pray, Jesus stilled the storm, you can still storms."
    Robertson made no mention whether or not he prayed for the victims or against the tornadoes.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    That was from March, but I'm sure more idiocy is sure to follow today.

Just another attention leech. Michael Savage, Allen West, Louie Gohmert, Alan Grayson..all of them exist solely to make headlines, nothing more.

18. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
  19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I am not sure which televangelist it is, but they had a maeg church on the east coast at one point. Said preacher made comments about hurricanes being God's punishment r things like not praying enough and acceptance of homosexuals ad so on. His own church was then obliterated by a hurricane. I want to say it was Falwell.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    There were immigrants living in Moore. That should be enough to explain God's wrath.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I want to see Pat Robertson and THIS GUY debate on tornadoes being works of God or the Government.

[​IMG]

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    :oops:

Does any sane person actually give too wits about Alex Jones after Piers Morgan mercilessly pwnd him in the gun control debate Piers had with the guy on his show(and also proving why trying to get Piers deported for speaking out about gun control is absolutely rediculous), and showed just what a crazy pants Alex Jones is?

23. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    The surest sign the conspiracies Alex Jones talks about aren't real is that he hasn't been found dead yet.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This came up over the weekend as well, a particularly demented radio host wishing disturbing harm to Hillary Clinton.

Pete Santilli, much like Alex Jones, is referred to as "right wing," which is misleading. They're two birds of a feather, part of the 9/11 truther deal, never miss an opportunity to cry conspiracy, and don't belong on the "right/left" view scale. Yes, they could be considered "ultra-conservative" or "ultra-right wing" in the way Nazis would be, I suppose. I personally see them as outliers on the political spectrum- too cool for school, if you will. Except "cool" in this case meaning insane.

That being said, this guy is getting heat from the Secret Service, as he should.

Edit- and I just realized this has already been covered, a few posts ago. Carry on. [face_blush]

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

I can't stop laughing.

Come for the breasts, stay for the brains...oh, wait...scratch that second part.

heels1785 and VadersLaMent like this.