main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Grand Admiral Crumb

Grand Admiral Crumb Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2013
    This thread must be locked and deleted before more horrible ideas are mentioned, for fear of someone with actual power at LFL reading it and thinking they're good ideas. Help us mods, you're our only hope!

2. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Nay, all hail Empress Tano, ruler of the known galaxy!

[Filoni]:D[face_dancing][face_party][/Filoni]

Edit: What if
    Ahsoka was really the Chosen One, and we just didn't know it?
    Well, we'd feel a disturbance in the Force, as if a million fans cried out in horror, and were suddenly silenced.

3. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    And yet Ahsoka was originally going to be the main star of the CW tv show, with little to no appearances by movie characters. So much for fans wanting to expand the SW universe beyond the core group of characters. [face_whistling]

MercenaryAce likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    She was much better as Anakin's smartass sidekick who behaved impulsively and got smacked down/put on library duty once in awhile.

Zorrixor, Barriss_Coffee and Esg like this.
  5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Which would have been fantastic, precisely because she wouldn't have then been upstaging everyone from the films. :p

Zeta1127, Zorrixor, Nobody145 and 3 others like this.
  6. Grand Admiral Crumb

Apr 25, 2013
    How is that the fans' fault?

Esg likes this.
  7. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

GGrievous, Zorrixor and instantdeath like this.
  8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    This part. This is the part I don't get.

9. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Wheeeeeeee! Time to overwrite Droids! Ahoy mateys! We're sailing into the port of Retcon! Stow the canons!

Esg and Zorrixor like this.
  10. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Eh, if this is actually true, Droids and the retcons built around it could help give us the excuse for why Artoo is off doing different stuff -- it's just that we have a movie where he ends as Bail's property, partnered with Threepio, and a movie where he starts as Bail's property, partnered with Threepio. So it seems a little questionable that they would have the idea of "Hey, let's split Artoo off at random and let him run around with Ahsoka or whatever! And then, uh, have to put him back, but have the show canceled before we ever do it, so whatever guys!" Not that they've never blown off the movies to go do their own stupid thing before, but it sticks out as the oddest element of the supposed scenario.

Zeta1127, Esg, Darth_Foo and 2 others like this.
  11. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Well, if I try to think like Filoni* for a moment, I imagine that R2 generally won't be having solo adventures. He'll most likely become Ahsoka's droid. He'll serve as both a "passing of the torch" from Anakin to her, a symbol of Ahsoka's growth from a soldier to a true Jedi, and finally serve as a constant reminder for Ahsoka of who her master once was, and the reason she believes there's still good in him. Of course, I suppose it's also possible Bail Organa will be a recurring character, and R2 will be with him, hence it "featuring R2" and not starring him.

*And now I need a shower.

Upon contemplation, I have decided that I would watch this show unconditionally if Vader makes the occasional appearance and they get James Earl Jones on board.

Esg and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  12. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Well, Obi-Wan is in hiding watching over Luke, and Rahm Kota hasn't come along yet, so Bail does need a Jedi around to help watch over little Leia... If Bail has the two droids, he can easily loan Artoo out for certain missions, since Artoo still has his memory unlike Threepio.

pronker likes this.
  13. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Exactly. So I don't get why an era where movie characters were either in exile or dead wouldn't be better for an original main character. I'd rather see that than be reminded of Hayden Anakin or the Wooden Council of Robed People.

14. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    He has one: Ferus Olin.

pronker likes this.
  15. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Die. Seriously, just go, crawl into a hole, and never speak again.

I'm going to do the same right now, and try as hard as I can to forget I ever read what you just wrote. Just no, no. NO.

[​IMG]

GGrievous and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  16. Grand Admiral Crumb

Apr 25, 2013
    Yes, Zorrixor feel your hate! Give into your hate, and let it make you stronger! All of this is leading up to Darth Tano's ultimate reveal in the sequel trilogy as the Darkest Dark Lady of the Sith ever!

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    As long as she ain't the headmaster at Luke's Jedi Academy.

18. Grand Admiral Crumb

Apr 25, 2013
    Barriss_Coffee After her redemption she becomes Luke's best friend, new wife, and his successor as Grand Master of the Jedi Order!

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Barriss_Coffee : Oh, but she will be...[Yoda voice] She will be.[/Yoda voice]

I can't see Filoni letting Ahsoka go dark. He wasn't even willing to let her die in the show, and that's a better fate than the Dark Side.

Early in the show I had hoped she would turn to the Dark Side just before Anakin did though; I think the red lightsabers would suit her she'd be kind if awesome as a Dark Jedi or a Sith.

Which is why I was rather disgusted with her evolution as Anakin's Super-Mature Padawan and One "True" Jedi.

20. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Dead or fallen to the drak side, neither way truly works. If her Padawan had died or gone dark so recently, surely it would have come up when Anakin was not made a Master in Episode III. And of course, it would have been mentioned.

21. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Filoni approved.

Circular_Logic "Ahsoka was really the Chosen One, and we just didn't know it?"
    I'm pretty sure that's what Dave has on his mind.

In a more serious matter, I always knew that Filoni won't stop until Ahsoka met and did everything in the GFFA. Assigning Filoni a time period = the death of said time period.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  23. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Sorry, I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to TCW, so my question may sound stupid: who's that reused concept art talking to Yoda at the beginning of the video?

24. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Yoda and Artoo going adventuring in the galaxy? As long as their journey includes Zeltros I'm in. This is a newly announced arc right? So there's the Clovis/Scipio arc, Sifo-Dyas/Order 66/L-Canon Thread On Duty arc and this. That's half a season depending on the number of episodes per arc (not four please)

25. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Yoda & Force Ghosts arc
    Clovis/Scipio arc
    Sifo-Dyas arc
    Premature Order 66 arc

4 at most, with multiple episodes each, if we're lucky.

pronker likes this.