main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    Everything about the clone's is very up in the air, we really don't know to much about where they came from?, who ordered them? or when they where ordered?. My understanding is that it was a shape shifter posing as Sifo-Dyas who contacted Kamino and ordered the making of the clones. If that's the case then it was probably only Sidious that made those orders with out any one else's help. As I say order 65 was probably just there if the Jedi found out about them, so they wouldn't get suspicious.

I've also heard that it was actually SIfo-Dyas that ordered the clones and then Dooku killed him, which if that's the case then the chancellor would have made the orders but probably with the help of his advisers and top guys from the security council and the senate (Not everyone just the very top one's).

2. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    It looks like Anakin is being playful there. It's not actually stated that Magnaguards are more deadly that droidekas. We see the Jedi run from droidekas in TPM, but in ROTS they deal with Magnaguards pretty easily. That tells me enough.

Sitara likes this.
  3. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I agree. It doesn't seem like the guards are more of a hassle than destroyer droids. I can't even recall a time when we see a Jedi take out a destroyer droid. Maybe in the battle of Geonosis, but I'm not sure.

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Geez, Jar Jar took out more destroyers than the Jedi did. That's hard to believe. 8-}

Anyways, the magnaguards didn't have personal shielding, so Obi-Wan and Anakin would therefor not be as afraid to attack them.

5. Dave Hoffman

Dave Hoffman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2012
    Don't get me started on the Palpatine -vs- 4 Jedi Masters fight scene. That is easily the worst choreography in the whole series. Besides looking elderly and awkward, it didn't make any sense. What is Master Agen Kolar even looking at as Palpatine performs the most deliberate and telegraphed thrust move in the history of armed combat? And he's supposed to be known for his prowess as a swordsman?

I heavily digress.

I believe that Yoda would have handled Anakin after breaking a sweat. Yoda is a better swordsman and has a much greater knowledge of the Force. Anakin's arrogance and aggressiveness would have been his undoing.

Palpatine would have bested Obi-Wan, not easily, but decidedly. Dooku made quick work of Kenobi the first time they met, and he rendered him unconscious the second time they met, so I can't see how he'd do any better against Dooku's master who is far more powerful.

The Emperor would still be alive, Order 66 would still take effect, the Empire would still be formed, and the Jedi would still be purged. Worst case, Palpatine would need to find a new apprentice. Nothing much else would change, at least not for the better. Perhaps if Obi-Wan wasn't on Tatooine, Luke never would have blown up the Death Star. He still would have been working on a moisture farm for one more season.

6. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    I would not call Sidious 'Far more powerful' than Dooku. Sidious was stronger yes, and more skilled with a greater command of the Dark Side, but Dooku was no pushover either. He had already mastered the Light Side when he switched over to the other side. This is why he was able to use Sith Lightning so quickly (note we do not know when Dooku gained the power to use Sith lightning. He could have gained the ability after 10 years or after 2.) Also note that Dooku had other things to do aside from getting trained, such as forming an alliance of separatists that consisted of a large part of an entire galaxy. That takes a lot of time, time when he would likely not be training

Honestly, the only thing Sidious had over Dooku was that he appears in the OT. That is what allowed him to survive ROTS mainly.

Also, you lot give Anakin wayyy to much credit. Yoda would have wiped the floor with him without breaking any kinds of sweat at all. There is absolutely nothing that Anakin/Vader has shown that even hints at the fact he could have a ghost of a chance against Yoda. None. In fact, unlike Obi Wan who was still trying to convince Anakin to turn himself in, Yoda would not have wasted time and moved in for a quick kill.

7. The Supreme Chancellor

Sep 4, 2012
    Anakin bested Dooku in single combat as a 23yr old Jedi Knight, where given the same time Yoda could not, as a 800+ year old Jedi Master. That alone hints at the fact that Anakin is on par if not higher than Yoda in dueling capability.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yoda "could not"? Where are you getting this from? Dooku fled their battle by using the ploy of endangering Obi-Wan and Anakin!

Minez01 likes this.
  9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Most EU sources either hint that it was Sifo-Dyas, or state it outright.

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    On Sidious's orders. It was basically a test of loyalty.

11. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    The trouble I have is that I haven't read the EU. To be honest I take everything about it and most of GL's comments with a grain of salt, Because from what I hear most of it contradicts itself, or has multiple things happening (Like Shaak Ti's death). In the film she doesn't die, then in the deleted scene she does die, but then in the EU (So i've heard anyway) she doesn't die.

12. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Yoda would eventually have overpowered Dooku in that fight, and Dooku knew this, so he ran.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Also Dooku was pretty old by the time of ROTS :p

14. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Is there an official reason why some of the seating in the Jedi Council was switched between Episode II and III? I always assumed those seats were kinda permanent (aside from the fact that Episode II recycles the Council footage from Episode I). It was even consistant in the Clone Wars miniseries before it was changed for some reason (obviously, this only accounts for surviving members).

15. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Dooku was holding back against Anakin in their 2nd duel. That is why he force choked Kenobi instead of choking Anakin, because he wanted Anakin alone so that he could turn him to the dark side. Listen to their dialogue as they fight. Why the heck do you think Palpatine allowed himself to be kidnapped? By the end of the movie everyone knows Palpatine controlled both sides of the war, and Dooku knew that. So why did they set up that whole charade with Palp being in that chair and witnessing that duel?

It was all a ploy to convert Anakin into Vader and possibly kill Kenobi, the main obstacle in doing so.

Sadly, Dooku totally underestimated Anakin's skill and possible sudden surge of power granted by the Dark Side, assuming Anakin was using it. He was a fool, basically. He really should have taken the time to wonder "Gee, there can be only 2 sith. If Anakin is converted, there will be 3. Wonder who will be whacked off...?"

Furthermore, I do believe Dooku was significantly holding back against Anakin in Ep 2 as well. Instead of force pushing him after cutting his arm, Dooku could have simply stabbed him through the heart. He didn't. Why? Well, maybe that was a plan to start his turn to the Dark Side.

16. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm going to play Devil's Advocate abd say Vader beats Yoda, but not because of skill. Since Anakin doesn't think anything is going on between Padme and Yoda, he doesn't Force-choke Padme, and she continues, still feeling he can be saved. Yoda defeats Anakin in combat, but as with Anakin/Mace/Palpatine, Padme, who still loves Anakin, saves him by distracting Yoda. Vader takes advantage and cheap-shots Yoda for the kill.

Meanwhile, Palpatine beats the tar out of Obi wan. At one point, Sid sends Obi Wan flying out the window, where he hangs hundreds of feet from the ground below. Then Sid, whose greatest weakness is his overconfidence, pulls a Maul and grandstands. Obi Wan takes advantage and pulls him out the window, where Sidous falls to his explosive death below.

Maybe a couple of longshots, but I like to think of What If scenerios.

17. The Supreme Chancellor

Sep 4, 2012
    Actually Dooku seems pretty exerted against Anakin and is surprised by the challenge.

Says you?

18. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    Anakin and Obi Wan have no chance

Jedi Merkurian and Dredalus like this.
  19. Graves101

Graves101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 28, 2013
    Why not simply hop down to the ledge he was right next to, instead of trying to leap over someone with an ignited weapon?

20. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    If he were to confront Kenobi from the front and run up to him he could easily be pushed back into the lava. If he managed to jump behind him he would have a chance to overpower his opponent and push him closer and closer to the lava. That's how I see it.

21. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    his over confidence was his weakness

22. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    "then we'd have a completely different story"

disscussion over//

lock thread :p

Dredalus likes this.
  23. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    What Kind of Ginn does Qui Gon like?

24. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Only the best for the bearded defender
    [​IMG]

GGrievous likes this.
  25. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Both Anakin and Obi Wan would be dead.......

Dredalus likes this.