main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Join Me and Achieve Perfection: A Reread of The Glove of Darth Vader

Discussion in 'Literature' started by instantdeath, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I love the names in this chapter. They're soo hilariously dumb.

The Chamber of Daaaaaaaaark Visions!

The Nullllllll Zone!

Space Station Scarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdia!

Barriss_Coffee and instantdeath like this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, I also see he's got the Ark of the Covenant in his collection.

instantdeath likes this.
  3. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    As another thread says, we shall double our efforts!

Considering all the weird stuff on Endor, this doesn't sound implausible at all.

This is actually very cool, and it would be just like Palpatine to have this kind of group around to show people how silly the Force is. But then they somehow predict the destruction of both Death Stars and many Imperial leaders start to think that they know their destiny! And suddenly every Outer Rim leader who tries to gather men under him to oppose Isard have to get their "dark blessings".

Probably he was fished out of a sarlacc again. But there's the Ark! Corellia Antilles, where are you?

Question is: Who planted the idea that he did? Could it be the same person that controls our destiny?

More words of wisdom from the Glovebearer. I see that Ulicus has chosen yellow as one of his colors.

instantdeath likes this.
  4. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012

I actually do check for updates to this thread every time I log onto TFN. And now I get two updates! What a dark blessing!

Ha, I forgot COMPNOR gets mentioned here. Say what you will but GODV did work in the existing canon pretty well. And I think it even supports the whole GODV retcon as well - COMPNOR controls the ISB, and it makes sense they'd be willing to oppose the rival to Isard and her Imperial Intelligence-backed regime.

Once again, this seems kind of a dark-sided mentality that Luke's exhibiting...

Also, I can't help at laugh at the fact that Luke gets foiled with smoke misdirection, basically a simple magic trick. And not even a good one, a GOB Bluth-level illusion. Actually I think this was even done in the Tony Wonder episode.

So his visions come from drinking tea made from space-LSD, then? Makes sense.

You know, part of me is once more upset at Abel Pena. He wrote both the Grand Admirals article that retconned the whole GODV series, and he wrote the History of the Mandalorians, yet he never bothered to explain how a Mandalorian got to be a Prophet trophy.

Actually, now that TCW is over, I'd like a big retcon that ties it in with the Ark showing up on Ryloth. Maybe tie in one of the Death Watch who allied with Maul and got into Sith legends or something.

In one of the later books, doesn't he happily admit to being a murderer as part of his odd attempt to woo Leia? Talk about mood swings. Maybe he should get some of Kadann's tea to even his keel.

cthugha likes this.
  5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Nope. The closest is gold, and that's just the border and overline.

Quest, on the other hand... [face_whistling]

6. Loopy777

Loopy777 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2013

This has completely blown my mind. It really feels right, although if I'm recalling this series correctly, his arc comes to rather anticlimactic end.

7. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    That's a chapter title to end all chapter titles.

Guess what? I'm a sometime extraordinary man. I do like my tea to burn my tongue once in a while. I also burn it while smoking sometimes, so now I don't have to feel like an idiot who burns his tongue, because I know it's what sets me apart from the rabble.

I haven't been able to source Endor psychoactive tea yet, though. Can you get it off the Internet?

Doesn't this information coming from someone just described as making his own prophecies come true by brute force seem suspect? I mean, it sounds to me like Kadann came up with the whole thing as a bargaining chip.

That line I remembered from when I first read this. I mean, seriously think about that line for a minute. Say it aloud. Ponder the fact that two human beings with a presumably functioning brain actually signed it and got payed for it. 'Tink about it!

instantdeath likes this.
  8. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Heh, you do have a point there. After all, Trioculus isn't necessarily evil, he's just misunderstood. How many evil people do you know that have hearts?

Yeah, I feel like if Luke could be fooled by a simple smoke screen, he'd have been killed a thousand times by this point. He really isn't at his best in this series. The only two times that I can remember him showing competence are when he's able to kill two stormtroopers (I believe in the next book), and in the final book when he and Ken lift an elevator or something.

Perhaps Luke is suffering from some extreme anxiety issues following Mindor [face_worried]

I think it'd be even cooler if that armor was retconned to be ancient Mandalorian armor from the KOTOR days. Of course, it doesn't really resemble their cone-shaped helmets... perhaps a helmet from the early Death Watch days?

And ha, I honestly love the idea of making a connection from the Ark in the TCW episode to the one that's in Kadann's collection. Very silly, but so is everything in this series.

And yes, Trioculus does later own up to being a murder, and seems to take no shame in it. Then again, he's not expressly denying he's a murderer here... maybe it's just his word. Only he can say it.

Well, at least they almost certainly weren't payed very much. :p

Anyway, appreciate the usual audience (except Zorrixor, who shall be banished to the Null Zone forever) dropping a comment. You guys are the difference between a headache and severe schizophrenia.

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    The Null Zone? Well poo. That sounds like its full of all kinds of worrying Travissisms... [face_worried]

Anyway, sorry for the tardiness this week, been horribly busy, but will probably comment over the weekend on what I've missed. :)

And belated Dark Greeetings, btw!

RC-1991 likes this.
  10. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    The name of "Null Zone" became retrospectively amusing when you know that "Jedgar" from the Jedi Prince series was in fact a Null impostor posing as the real Jedgar. (Just like "Kadann" was Bimm posing as the real Kadann.)

As we know from Evil Never Dies: The Sith Dynasties, the so-called prophets we see in the Jedi Prince saga aren't the real Prophets of the Dark Side, but a mock religion established by Cronal as a mockery of the real Prophets. A rift occurred within the ranks of the Emperor's Secret Order (which included the real Prophets) when the real Kadann prophesized the destruction of DS II. The real Kadann and his followers withdrew to Bosthirda, but several prophets (Lord Cronal, Sariss, and Merili) remained with the Empire. Cronal subsequently created the Church of the Dark Side not only as a mockery, but also as a propangada machine, and he appointed two agents from the Imperial Intelligence (a Bimm and a Null) to pose as Kadann and Jedgar. That's why those "prophets" from the series are lame. They're not real Prophets. They're probably not even Force-sensitive.

11. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Hurk'ii burk'ii Dark Greetings'ade!

12. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    What I find hilarious about this is that the Prophets of the Dark Side were still created by Paul and Hollace Davids. It's just that they were so lame that they were retconned into being a group of posers, with a much cooler group in existence. The group we see are indeed intended to be the real group. It's really the only retcon in the entire Star Wars EU that stems from bad quality, at least that I'm aware of.

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Blarghhh I've been on the road the last few days and am woefully behind in this thread. I am catching up. In an internet cafe. With people undoubtedly giving quizzical looks behind my back. And I'm going to make this as awkward as possible being the only person on a computer with them all behind me eating.

instantdeath and RC-1991 like this.
  14. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Which proves that a lot of ideas that were thrown in the Jedi Prince saga were actualy quite good. You've got to wonder why they were treated so... awkwardly.

instantdeath likes this.
  15. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Does he ever wear a brown coat?

So Endor fungus tea makes you see the future and dianoga tea makes you high as a kite. Gotcha. Soon we will need an official Wookieepedia-miniwiki for all of this tea.

These authors really have an obsession with height stats.

I wish things like this were mentioned in other sources. Weird useless in-universe trivia.

Kadann has one messy job. Or maybe that's why their robes are all sparkly?

I might even go so far to say the Jedi Prince series was more creative than say, all of LOTF. But with great artistic liberties comes great sacrifice. Like a great deal of complete and utter nonsense. South Jedi Lane, I'm looking at you.

instantdeath likes this.
  16. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Mind you, that passage is what drove me to create the "chalk" article on Wookieepedia! :p

instantdeath and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I didn't realize there was one! That (and the quote) is AWESOME! :p

18. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I'm currently looking for other novels that mention chalk! :p

19. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    This is a worthy endeavor.

If I ever come across one, I will let you know.

20. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    On a similar line, this thread inspired me to look up the GODV series in the Essential Reader's Guide to see if there were any new insights there. There weren't, but the section does basically say "Normally we don't cover illustrated children's books in this guide, but this series is so ridiculous it deserves an exception." Obi-Wan's fantastic Lost City access code is listed as one of the reasons it's so deserving of this honor.

21. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Ready for your fix of the Jedi Prince? No? Of course you are. Why else would you be here? Well, you might be a mod or something, but if you were crazy enough to sign up for that you probably deserve to endure whatever nonsensical ramblings I can spew out. I can save you some time in assuring you that there's nothing naughty in my post, other than a reference to an exceedingly wrong yet oddly alluring fetish for third eyes. I don't put any secret codes in there, either; if I did, they'd be Obi-Wan level unsubtle. TRI-33-OCU-44-LUS-55-ROX-66.

What was I talking about?

Chapter 5: A Path of Fire

That chapter title sounds like it could easily be the title of the next A Song of Ice and Fire book.

Trioculus remained still, blinking his three eyes. Within moments his vision came back to him and he could see clearly once again. Following on the heels of Grand Moff Hissa, he departed from the Chamber of Dark Visions. He acted as if nothing happened. It was a perfect act. He didn’t tell anyone-not even his trusted droid, Emdee.

There was no overwhelming need to quote that, I just felt it necessary to be aware that Trioculus is blinking his three eyes.

And I'll let you, gentle readers, be the judge. Is this an adequate follow up to the previous chapters cliffhanger, or is it simply another screwover? I'm inclined to say the latter, but you could easily say that it's building suspense. I myself really have no recollection of what's up with Trioculus, so I'm in the dark as much as anyone.

Within the Chamber of Dark Visions, Trioculus gazes out into space, his thoughts a million miles away. He asks how he can find The Lost City of the Jedi. Hissa can only helplessly suggest that someone on Yavin may know. This leads Trioculus to say that perhaps Luke Skywalker or SPIN know (it's amazing the way these two bounce ideas off of each other).

"Yes, SPIN, of course," said Grand Moff Hissa, referring to the Senate’s Planetary Intelligence Network. His eyebrows shot upward as he suddenly got an idea. "I think you should send those Rebels an ultimatum-a warning so terrible that they won’t be able to ignore it."

We shift scenes to a conference room on Yavin Four, where SPIN are holding a meeting. Leia is worried about her brother, who has not yet arrived, despite him promising earlier that he would be there. Han shares her worry, and points out that he has been acting strange lately. Leia agrees with this, pointing out the fact that he took an airspeeder.

"Yeah," Han agreed. "Since when does he take mysterious journeys over the jungle, without any idea of where he’s going?"

"He does things like that when he feels the pull of the Force," Princess Leia replied. "And now he’s obsessed with finding a boy he says is from the Lost City of the Jedi."

"I think he’s gone off the deep end," Han said with concern. "Luke never used to believe in the Lost City of the Jedi. He told me that because Obi-Wan and Yoda never mentioned it, then it must be only a legend. But suddenly he’s convinced that it does exist-and he thinks the Force is going to lead him to it."

Sometimes I'm half convinced Yoda had Luke read the entire Jedi library in the time he trained with him. Seems like he learned everything in that short time. Would have made for some great bed time stories. One night, you get to hear all about Anakin Skywalker's famous Mortis acid trip, the next you get to hear all about the Lost City of the Jedi. Maybe Yoda had time to give Luke the facts of life as well (he almost certainly didn't get that from Uncle Owen).

At that moment, Luke comes in, out of breath, apologizing and offering "the same excuse as usual", that he's looking for Ken.

Mon Mothma begins the meeting, and wastes no time in establishing a plotpoint for this book.

The SPIN meeting started with a report by Rebel Alliance leader Mon Mothma on the problem of Imperial probe droids. "There’s a new danger to SPIN," she explained. "Several enemy probe droids have recently penetrated Yavin Four’s Air Defense Network. They’ve been spotted hovering over the jungle, as if searching for something. But their purpose is still unknown."

EEEE-AAAAA-EEEEE-AAAAA .. .

An alarm siren sounded in the Senate. Security had been violated.

KCHOOOOING! KCHOOOOING!

In the SPIN conference room the sound of laser blasts could be heard coming from the big defensive laser cannons on the domed roof of the building.

BRACHOOOOM!

The laser cannons must have missed their target, because something crashed right through the roof. Luke looked up to see a very small, perfectly round, black Imperial device flying under its own power. It zoomed around the SPIN conference room like a tossed ball.

Then it hovered in front of everyone.

Well, it was obvious that it was gonna be important, but I didn't think it was gonna happen that fast... [face_nail_biting]

Han Solo raised his blaster and fired once .. . twice . . .

But the black Imperial device kept dodging his blasts with short, sudden movements, continuing to hover in midair.

We've got a badass probe droid over here. I do love how the authors were somehow able to make a probe droid into a Big Bad. I wonder if The Old Republic has any level 50 elite probe droid bosses?

Just as the action is picking up, we're kept in suspense as we switch scenes to Trioculus, aboard his strike cruiser orbiting Yavin Four. As he watches the scene in the conference room unfold through the monitoring device in the probe droid, he scans the faces of his greatest enemies, the members of SPIN... and pauses on one face.

Then Trioculus saw the face of Princess Leia. "That face . . ." he said to Grand Moff Hissa. "That woman . . ."

"Princess Leia," the grand moff confirmed.

"A first-degree renegade and troublemaker," Trioculus said, nodding.

"Darth Vader blew up her home planet of Alderaan, so he could teach her the importance of cooperating with the Empire," Grand Moff Hissa commented. "But she never learned."

"She has a striking face," said Trioculus. "Strong features, but soft. Not at all unattractive, considering that she’s a Rebel Alliance woman with only two eyes."

Eww. Don't even think about it Trioculus. Two eyed and three eyed folks don't mix. No need to go for that kinky crap.

"She’s very dangerous," Grand Moff Hissa continued. "She murdered Jabba the Hutt. Choked him to death with the chain that kept her prisoner."

"I never liked Jabba the Hutt," Trioculus said. "A disgusting, fat slug-and a common gangster."

Damn. He's long gone. Forged the chain himself.

Trioculus turns his attention back to the action, as Luke Skywalker is holstering his blaster and drawing his lightsaber (why the hell was his first instinct to draw his blaster instead of his lightsaber? Come on, Luke, those food pirates didn't hit you that hard). The probe droid is still avoiding all of the blaster fire in the room, as it is programmed to detect incoming blasts and avoid them. You have to love the hard science fiction angle in these books.

Luke tries to strike the probe droid, but it easily dodges him. Then it emits a hologram of His Imperial Majesty. He proceeds to make his will known.

"Attention, Luke Skywalker and members of SPIN," the image of Trioculus said, "if by any chance you deluded yourselves into thinking that I perished back on Calamari, I’m sorry to have to disappointed you. I’ve just sent you a little gift that has penetrated your weak security system-this Imperial Antisecurity Device. It is armed with an explosive of awesome power. In just twenty seconds I shall detonate it and destroy the entire Rebel Alliance Senate. However, to show my good will, I hereby agree to spare your lives if one of you announces at once the location of the entrance to the Lost City of the Jedi. The twenty seconds now begins. One . . . two . . ."

Okay, someone in charge of planetary security needs to be fired.

Commodore Zuggs, a clean shaven man, begins the countdown.

At two seconds to zero Luke’s Jedi powers served him well. Directing his intense concentration at the black sphere, he forced it to stop darting back and forth in midair so it was no longer a moving target. As it remained steady and still, Luke sliced it in two with his lightsaber.

KECHUNKKK!

The detonator was in shambles, unable to trigger the explosion.

Out in space, inside Trioculus’s strike cruiser, the Imperial ruler scowled when he saw that his first plan for finding the Lost City of the Jedi had failed.

"Proceed to Plan Number Two," Trioculus said. "The search and destroy mission!"

I would think slicing a bomb in half would be... dangerous, to say the least.

We skip forward slightly, as the sky has darkened into a beautiful shade of purple. The pretty sky, however, is the last thing on Trioculus' mind, as he lands on Yavin Four with a large fleet of escort carriers, each filled with enough TNTs to carry out Plan Number Two.

TNT was short for Treaded Neutron Torch-a treaded, tanklike vehicle that could torch the rain forest by shooting neutron fireballs. TNTs could ride right through the most intense, blazing fire, without any harm to the stormtroopers riding inside.

Is it sad that I actually think that's a pretty cool image?

[​IMG]

Aaaaaaand now it's ruined. Gee, thanks.

They started to torch the rain forest on the biggest continent of Yavin Four, shooting neutron fireballs everywhere. The TNTs filled the air with fire and smoke, and began to turn the forest into a heap of ash and charred timber!

"When the rain forests have all been destroyed, we’ll find the entrance to the Lost City easily," Grand Moff Hissa explained. "We’ll be able to locate the round wall of green marble from the air."

Who are you explaining to?

Trioculus insists on being down where the action is, and walks down the ramp from his strike cruiser to the site of destruction. All around him, entire forests are burning. As he's walking down, one fireball comes entirely too close.

He gasped and pressed the glove of Darth Vader to his face. As he rubbed his eyes his right hand inside the glove ached. But the ache of his hand was the least of his worries.

When Trioculus opened his eyes he was now totally blind. He could no longer see even a dim haze or shadowy flicker of light. This was a darkness as pitch-black as a starless region of deep space.

The droid, Emdee, examined the new Emperor’s eyes in the seclusion of Trioculus’s private cabin on board his spaceship. He was unable to find any sign that Trioculus’s eyes had been scorched by the fire or damaged in any way. Emdee confessed that this case was beyond his medical knowledge.

"Figure out what’s wrong with my eyes, Emdee," Trioculus said, gritting his teeth. "Or I will have you taken apart and sold for scrap metal!"

[​IMG]

Notice how his third eye is still stoned. His clenched fist, gritted teeth, furrowed brow and dangerously fierce eyes promise swift retribution for all who cross him. His third eye asks if you'd like to light one up. One isn't sure how to behave in the presence of Trioculus.

"My Emperor," Grand Moff Hissa interrupted, "we have just received a report from a team of stormtroopers. Near one of the jungle pyramids they spotted an alien-a Ho’Din, to be precise. Almost all Ho’Din know how to work medical miracles using plants and herbs. They’re a race of healers, your Excellency!"

"Then tell them to capture that Ho’Din," Trioculus said, pressing his gloved hand against his eyes. "He shall figure out how to restore my sight-or I shall have him blinded as well, so he too can share my fate!"

Commentary: Gee, I wonder if this is connected to Trioculus' earlier collapse?

Earlier, I mentioned Luke has only two moments of competency that I can recall in the series; I forgot about this one. But should we count it? I mean, he got his act together and stopped the probe droid... but could he have not done it sooner? I suppose no one died, and he did get around to do it. So fine, good job Luke. Sorta. Try that one on the food pirates next time.

One very important event happens in this chapter: Trioculus first lays eyes on Leia. One would think he'd have seen her picture before, considering she's one of the most famous people in the galaxy, but the David's haven't exactly proven they have an eye for detail. I will give them credit, though; at least they tried to be subtle, in not having Trioculus bouncing off the walls, declaring love at first sight for this odd, yet exotic two eyed woman. We even have him seemingly deflecting any possible attraction he could have for her with the "two eyes" comment. One has to wonder, of course, how many eligible three eyed women there are floating around the galaxy. Is Trioculus into Gran?
    Or would that many eyes make him feel inadequate?

Come to think of it, they missed a perfect opportunity to mention Trioculus' heart in this passage. I would have laughed so much if they had mentioned his heart skipping a beat...

With the introduction of the TNT's, I'm reminded that this book has been, all in all, much less environmental so far then GODV was. Those sub-plots vary in intensity from book to book. In GODV, the environmental plot was arguably the main plot. I'm sure we get at least one more of those. In this book, I believe the overall environmental concern is the preservation of rain forests, which is harped on a bit before the book ends. Of course, their argument is hurt by the forests of Yavin being historically, well, evil, but...

Anyway, that's all I got. Stop by next time, party on South Jedi Lane, and you're all invited. Bring your own zoochberry juice.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I really love these running commentaries. I never picked up on some of these quirky recurring details, like the blinking eyes.

Obi-Wan and Yoda never mentioned Ahsoka either. LEGEND.

The Davids should have seriously considered a career as foleys.

Reviewing this series a second time, Hissa would have made a fine protocol droid. He hasn't been given much of a background in the rest of the EU, has he? Pity. It seems he knows so much about everything, and he's such a loyal bro.

instantdeath likes this.
  23. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    It would be nice if it had actually followed up from the last chapter, instead of "Trioculus loses consciousness! Chapter break. Trioculus drinks tea."

This is like following a Pellaeon/Thrawn brainstorming.

"There’s a new danger to SPIN," she explained. "Several enemy probe droids have recently penetrated Yavin Four’s Air Defense Network. They’ve been spotted hovering over the jungle, as if searching for something. But their purpose is still unknown."

EEEE-AAAAA-EEEEE-AAAAA .. .

An alarm siren sounded in the Senate. Security had been violated.

KCHOOOOING! KCHOOOOING!

In the SPIN conference room the sound of laser blasts could be heard coming from the big defensive laser cannons on the domed roof of the building.

BRACHOOOOM!

Imagine an audio book from Random House audio. Will the sound effects be actual sound effects like in other SW audio books or will Marc Thompson read them dramatically? KCHOOOING!

"She has a striking face," said Trioculus. "Strong features, but soft. Not at all unattractive, considering that she’s a Rebel Alliance woman with only two eyes."

[face_love][face_love][face_love]

I'm sure Han makes her wear the bikinis perhaps a little too often, Trioculus would only ask her to draw a third eye on her forehead.

"Attention, Luke Skywalker and members of SPIN," the image of Trioculus said, "if by any chance you deluded yourselves into thinking that I perished back on Calamari, I’m sorry to have to disappointed you. I’ve just sent you a little gift that has penetrated your weak security system-this Imperial Antisecurity Device. It is armed with an explosive of awesome power. In just twenty seconds I shall detonate it and destroy the entire Rebel Alliance Senate. However, to show my good will, I hereby agree to spare your lives if one of you announces at once the location of the entrance to the Lost City of the Jedi. The twenty seconds now begins. One . . . two . . ."

And Vader had to blockade the planet for six months? Clearly he didn't use the power of the Glove properly.

At two seconds to zero Luke’s Jedi powers served him well. Directing his intense concentration at the black sphere, he forced it to stop darting back and forth in midair so it was no longer a moving target. As it remained steady and still, Luke sliced it in two with his lightsaber.

Two seconds to zero? What did they all do in the first eighteen seconds?

He's just saying aloud useful information that everyone should know. That's what his mentor Ric Olie, the driver of the Moffship, taught him to do.

That is one great image, and I'm glad there is no illustration about it.

He gasped and pressed the glove of Darth Vader to his face. As he rubbed his eyes his right hand inside the glove ached. But the ache of his hand was the least of his worries.

The Glove is starting to affect him.... Trioculus' life is a sad story. Yes, Trioculus he was once called. Before the Glove found him… before it drove him mad. He will never be rid of his need for it. He hates and loves the Glove, as he hates and loves himself.

[​IMG]

I must say, as a kid I would have been very traumatized by the illustrations of these books, and this is from the mildest side.

24. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Much belated Dark Greetings!

I'm incredibly far behind in keeping up with this thread, so I'm going to start where I left off and probably do this in a couple of separate posts.
    Such a Dark young man, isn't he? What more proof do you need that he bears the blood of Palpatine?
    If R2's foul mouth is anything to go by, can you really blame him? :confused:
    That is wrong on so many levels...
    Well, if he's into boy droids, why would he want to meet a princess?
    I took that as a given. Why else do you think HC has to sneak in and mark his homework when he's least expecting it? If he knew when the homework grader was coming, he'd be ready with the Droid Decapitating Death Ray that he had made in Droid Repair Class. Duh.

And that's Chapter 2.

I'll cover Chapter 3 in a different post tomorrow if I get chance.

25. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    This is starting to become a very dark book. A young boy's who has been scarred from the "boy droids" around him who stick things into his mouth, doesn't want to meet someone from the opposite gender (well he might simply not be into princesses, but his traumatic upbringing certainly has some hand in that), and now we find out from between the lines that he has learned to pay back to these non-thinking devices that keep him imprisoned. How many droids did he originally have around to help him, before he didn't need them anymore?

"Chip, I’m going Topworld," Ken said insistently. "And don’t try to stop me. But as long as you’re here, you might as well come along. I may need a droid to help me."

instantdeath and Zorrixor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.