main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I thought as much.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Makes sense to me. One of the many possible reasons Disney acted like a murderer and killed this great show for no good (for us fans) reason.

And the battle of Muunilist could have been seen through the eyes of San Hill. ;)

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Okay, so Lucasfilm seems to have secured a bunch of Star Wars domain names. Personally, I'm most interested in 'Order 67', 'Star Wars Wolf Pack' and 'Wolf Pack Adventures' ... hmmm ... hope spings eternal.

4. Hurricanejedi

Hurricanejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2013
    I like Hando, it would be good to have some more of him but its not really that important compared to other story arcs i guess. Embo is my boy blue.

5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I thought this was interesting also... they all sound Clone Wars related. Hmm... names of properties that tie in with these new story arcs?

hlc88 and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Idk why, but the Hando typo always makes me crack up.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Hurricanejedi

Hurricanejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2013
    [/quote] Idk why, but the Hando typo always makes me crack up.[/quote]

haha i mean hondo. i think my brain always goes to han solo first.....

8. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Idk why, but the Hando typo always makes me crack up.[/quote]

haha i mean hondo. i think my brain always goes to han solo first.....[/quote]

Episode VII plot twist:

Hando is the son of Han and Hondo

9. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I always thought "Hando" was the term tabloids used for Han and Lando's bromance

[​IMG]

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That is a good one... :D

11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Didn't "Hando" show up in an earlier thread or am I just imagining it?

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    On certain days, I would agree with you on the matter. The problem that I have is that while you say that you would like to see the same movie events in comic books and novels as well as animations is not good business.

Star Wars has a flare that is interpreted deifferently by the novelists, comic book writers, animators, illustrators, writers, etc. Too change it to make it more in one direction is to rob star wars from the richness that it has.

While I agree that the micro series is exaggerated a bit, it is in line with other star wars EU stuff to include the animated series and the movies.

Let's start with A New Hope. Superman is super strong, can fly, has heat rays and crap like that. But, Luke Skywalker, while traveling inside a fast starfighter (X-wing), with the thought of his mind, while his ship is racing hundreds of miles per hour. Concentrated and single handedly with his mind guided super fast torpedoes and got it to twist and turn and enter a small two meter hole. Not even superman on his best days can do that.

Obi-Wan kenobi got cut down with a light saber, disappeared and yet retains his conscience and in both Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi he appears as a spirit. Same thing with Yoda, who dies and then appears as a spirit at the end. Anakin is a bit complicated, but he dies and comes back as a spirit at the end of Jedi.

In the clone wars series, we had Darth Maul defy death. He already was cut down, and fell down a shaft....yet throught the power of the dark side lives.

There are even more examples in the EU and the second clone wars series. Like Mother Talzoin, bringing back the dead, using voodo doll to almost kill Count Cucku for Coco Puffs have way across the galaxy.

13. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

That was beautiful, Sir; I salute you.

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    vong333

The comparion to Superman is comparing two different franchises. No Superman cannot guide missiles using telekinetic powers, because he was never given telekinetic powers by his creators, while Lucas gave those powers to Luke.

I am not drawing comparisons between two different franchises, but the same franchise. And not only that, I am not comparing two different characters within the same franchise, but the same character represented two different ways within the same franchise. I am not comparing Qui-Gon Jinn to Batman, or Sidious to Green Goblin, nor Maul to Mace Windu nor Yoda to Talzin, I am comparing Mace to Mace, Yoda to Yoda, and Grievous to Grievous. And when it comes to the microseries, those characters are shown to do things that the films don't even hint as being possible, for that very same character.

15. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    No point in expecting every Star Wars work to be like the films. People do their own takes on it, that's not always a bad thing. I liked Tartakovsky's take on it. Over-powered? It's the two most powerful Jedi masters in the galaxy. I don't care.

pronker likes this.
  16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It understandable that authors will put their own spin on their narratives and some will see pretty embellished. For me, I stick with my previous post that the more epic portrayal can be treated as battle legends while there is a certain reality within my head of what the Jedi's capabilities are based on the movies. Part of what make Superman cool is well, he is super. I don't think the Jedi are supposed to compare real well to him.

pronker likes this.
  17. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Jedi are pretty freakin super IMO.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    They are and with their sabers there are few super heroes who would win a fight against them. However they are not meant to be bullet proof, soar like a bird, or leap the tallest buildings in a single bound.

19. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    If you're trying to say that they're not supposed to be all-powerful, then yeah I agree. But Superman's not all-powerful either.. and the Jedi do have comparable powers with being "bullet proof" and "leaping across buildings" (lightsabers which can deflect/ destroy almost anything, levitation, etc.) You should've used the super-strength and X-ray vision as examples. :b

20. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Oh my god... that Yoda clip...

Artoo joins Luke and Chewie in the "Yoda rode my back" club!

Also, that little TIE fighter Yoda rides in is adorable.

I wonder if Palps learns of Yoda knowing of Sifo-Dyas and puts him under guard, leading Yoda to escape and go on his Sifo-Dyas/Qui-Gon mission?

21. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    ^That looks awesome.

22. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Dammit, LucasFilm should announce a release date already!

Seerow, Ani501st and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  23. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Great clip ! This arc looks very very interesting

24. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Thanks for posting the clip; the arc already looks great.

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Yes! I'm so glad we're seeing new arc previews, this is gonna end up being another whole season! That Yoda arc looks interesting, It'll be cool to see some more episodes based around him.