main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The Air and Space Museum sounds awesome for a graduation reception. Enjoy tomorrow. :)

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah. I thought having the Long Beach Aquarium to ourselves for HS prom was something... but having the Air & Space Museum to ourselves? That's flippin' epic. But I didn't even have time to do any of the simulators and stuff, too many folks to see.

And thanks! I'm sure I'll post a status update in here ... something like "posting from the graduation stage, lol!" :p

3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Party time! I just got laid off, before I actually got around to quitting. :D So basically 2 Months payed vacation before I get to start my new government job, with better pay and better working hours.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  4. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Great. Did you have to do anything to get laid off?

5. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Not really, they had basically run out of stuff for me to do anyway.

6. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    So no tricks with water buckets above doors or a live cow in the copy room? Wasted potential there.

RC-1991 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  7. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Trust me working in a hospital you could do insane stuff for branks, like spike the Coffee machine with Laxatives, play dead in the morgue, or pretend to have TBC (one student actually did play this on the doctor when he faked the test results).

Barriss_Coffee and Lugija like this.
  8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Well damn it Jinn you're a doctor and not a Hutt gangsta.

Gorefiend likes this.
  9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Clever. I see what you did there. :p

--Adm. Nick

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I has a doctorate, *****es! :D

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have a dream of being where you are in the next five years, or at least before my 50th birthday.

Congratulations!

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Thanks! I hope you fulfill that dream. Maybe make a post in this here thread in a few years down the line, and then I'll be the one congratulating you!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Do we have to call you Dr. Jello now? Or Grand Doctor Admiral Jello?

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Dr. Emperor Grand Admiral. Preceded by the style "Your Imperial Majesty" and succeeded by the postnominals "B.A., J.D., and B.A.MOFO."

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    So...GoT has
    Mandalorians, now?

How about "Daddy Big Boss Jello Your Honor"?

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    That is fine, but if you crash my heyblibber then I'm banning you.

CooperTFN likes this.
  17. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Coop- it has a group of highly trained mercenaries who are supposed to be unstoppable and love gold.

Although I'd almost compare the Ironborn to Travissite Mandalorians. Almost. The Ironborn are an intentional parody.

18. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    On a similar thought, I'm actually not a huge of the Unsullied in concept. Mandalorians without the stubborn streak and intense desire for independence, essentially. Perhaps it's because they haven't done much to justify their reputation so far. Maybe they'll get a better showing in the final two books.

19. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
  20. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    so clone troopers, basically?

because that was my immediate takeaway. like, so dani just went to kamino to buy a clone army. okay then!

21. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    It then turns into Kal's fantasy, complete with a fire-breathing Lord Mirdalan.

22. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Sellswords come a dime a dozen on the Eastern continent, usually fighting wars for the various city states of the region. Getting Sellswords has also been mentioned a few time as option for Dany and early her Brother to build an army to take back the crown. The Unsilled are Slave Soldiers, more like Mamluks or the Janissaries, expect for that they are all Eunchs.

Vikings always struck me as the main inspiration for the Ironborn.

23. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    Is this going to be the Summer of Gorefiend?

Havac and Gorefiend like this.
  24. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    That moment when you're browsing the WMG section of TV Tropes, come across a hypothesis you love, begin to compliment whoever came up with it... and then suddenly remember you added it yourself four or five years ago. :oops::p

Point Given likes this.
  25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Pah, deal with one Dr and you've dealt with 'em all! [face_devil]

More seriously - congrats Jello! Now I'm curious, your doctorate was in? From what you've a posted I'm inclined to consider it sounds to be a branch of law? Perhaps international?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.