main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I will laugh very hard at Leland if this arc somehow involves Yoda visiting Dagobah.

I suspect that the Sifo-Dyas arc and Order 66 arc are one and the same. He did order the clones, after all. But nothing in the previews indicates that's the case, so I'm only speculating.

Zorrixor, Ulicus , WMIRTUTSF and 3 others like this.
  2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Not a fan of Yoda's mini-Actis. It looks like a Happy Meal toy.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There's some fishy stuff going on in this preview.

"Pre-Vader, help me you will as I escape aboard this pre-TIE fighter."

Zorrixor and Esg like this.
  4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    It looks like a chibi-versionof the Eta Actis Jedi Interceptor.

5. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    I wonder if, at any point during their adventure, Yoda will turn to Artoo and say, "By the way, if meet me years from now you do, and acting like a crazy old gnome I am, just along with it go. Maybe a little antagonistic back-and-forth, throw in."

6. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    "With a pre-mass-murderer... sorry, present mass-murderer"

7. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    He prefers "plural murderer."

8. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Makes sense doing a series between OT and ST would necessitate a whole lot of spoilers for the ST. I hate Ashoka but I hate Starkiller more so if he gets knocked out of founding the rebel alliance I will grudgingly accept this.

9. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Yep. Yoda did have his own miniature Jedi starfighter, so maybe he got mini interceptor too. The benefits of being on the Jedi Council...

10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    And where, pray tell, is his mini Venator-class Star Destroyer? The one with mini clones and mini starfighters?

FILONI, ASSEMBLE! [face_batting]

--Adm. Nick

CooperTFN and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm pretty sure Yoda could get whatever the hell type vehicle he wanted.

Random Comments likes this.
  12. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    I love how the sentinels move to detain Yoda. These guys have some major balls.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Starkiller at least didn't overpower the Emperor sense he was just toying with him and died after a suicide blast.

And as much as popular it is to hate Force Unleashed II it still made Vader a threatening chessmaster. With Filoni in charge I fear every antagonist will lose that threat

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Unfortunately for them, the size of one's balls matters not.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  16. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Ah, yes! Finally! I'm bewildered how much Vader fans hate TFU2. In my opinion, it might very well be the best depiction of Vader in the EU. He is an utter bastard, of both the manipulative and magnificent variety, and they capture his demeanor perfectly. One of my favorite moments from the game/novel is when Starkiller is riding the wreckage of the Salvation into Kamino, intending to torpedo Vader and his cloning labs. Vader doesn't even flinch... but steps aside and reveals Juno. Cue Starkiller frantically trying to halt his kamikaze mission. What a badass.

TCW definitely neutered the bad guys, but what's funny is to hear Filoni's deference for Sidious, who pretty much emerged not only unscathed... but more intimidating in the process.

Esg, instantdeath and Ulicus like this.
  17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, TFU2 gave us a straight-up supervillain Vader. It cannot be faulted there at all.

Even his defeat is framed as a victory, leading into a Trojan Horse gambit. It's glorious.

Esg, Zorrixor and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  18. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    I'm fine with Vader suffering defeats, especially early on. But Vader is one of the few who can still be a stoic badass in the process.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    TFU2 was roughly a year before ANH. How can you justify such a loss at that time? Why would they take him to their main base and why didn't Vader tell the Emperor or Tarkin in ANH? Also why should we take Vader seriously in ANH as a credible threat even if it is a Trojan Horse thing. I can't.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I suppose it's theoretically possible that Vader was relocated and never found out he had been on Dantooine, or that despite their intentions in the game they decided "off-screen" to take him to a different place.

:confused: Why not?

Esg likes this.
  21. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Because Vader most likely kills many, many Rebels while he's busy escaping from whatever feeble entrapments they have for him.

"Many Bothans died trying to keep Vader in his cell"

Esg likes this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The number two guy in the empire beaten and captured before the movies? The Rebel Alliance was just getting started. No way they score that big a victory that early. It just seems illogical that Vader would want to be captured.

23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    So in other words, when you say "even if it is a Trojan horse thing", you really mean "assuming that it's not a Trojan horse thing"?

Esg likes this.
  24. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Indeed, that is what you and I shall keep telling ourselves for now... until the day TFU3 becomes an MMO... and our worst fears for Vader's fate in the final installment are realised. :p

Gorefiend likes this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Vader might be doing a Trojan horse thing, I don't know. He doesn't really seem the type. Yes he would be out in the field taking matters into his own hands but a mission like this? It doesn't scream Vader to me.
    He doesn't seem the type to do this.

Batman is perfect for this but Vader doesn't seem like it.