main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Boba Fett in ROTJ =/= not actually Boba theory

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Seagoat, May 18, 2013.

1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Ok, I don't know if anyone else is familiar with this theory, but I'll bring it up anyway.

I don't know if it's because of the huge fanbase he has, or if fans are just reaching for some crazy things, but according to this theory, there may be hope to see more Boba in the ST because... the Boba that went into the Sarlaac was not actually Boba; it was an impostor.

Evidence of this:
    People mention that he has slightly different armor than he does in TESB
    His dialog, consisting of "What the!" and a scream, was not re-recorded by Temuera Morrsion, despite the fact that Morrison offered to
    His death seems illogical, considering that he makes the same mistakes his father did (Jetpacking right in front of a Jedi with a lightsaber, etc)

And that's about it. What does everyone else think of this theory? Plausible? Absurd?

J7Luke likes this.
  2. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    The credits beg to differ. It's a nice theory for people hoping to retain his dignity, but there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that it was meant to be anyone other than Fett himself.

I would have prefered a more worthy fight from someone who had so much going for him, but at least we got to see him in action.

3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Retcons perhaps? I wouldn't put it below anyone, considering Fett's fanbase

J7Luke and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  4. SlashMan

Feb 5, 2012
    Oh yeah, they've retconned the movies many times. Lott Dod was taken out of AOTC completely. But I still have issues with writers messing with what's already been previously established.

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    There's honestly no reason, going solely by what we see in the movies, to expect Boba Fett to be some kind of one-man army in the first place. His primary display of competence involves tracking Han and company to Bespin - hardly proof of his fighting skills.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Tag & Bink comics have one of them be "Boba" in RoTJ- but they're specifically non-canon.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, it's reaching. He was the real Boba and while I do consider him a very cool character he did go out of that fight hilariously silly.
    **** happens, even to the best, so that's that, I guess.

DarthRelaxus and eht13 like this.
  8. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    Boba and Jango kind of sucked in the movies. Boba was only in action once, got hit by a blind guy bounced off the side of a sail barge and fell to his death. Jango fought extremely clumsily with Obi-Wan, ran away, fired ALOT at Obi-Wan, but Obi got away. Then, he guns down one generic jedi after like three shots. Jango's only film kill to my knowledge besides Zam Wessel. He proceeds to get trampled, his jet pack shorts out, he gets his head cut off.

I was never impressed with the Fetts. But hell, they looked badass.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I'd say Boba's main claim to fame was that he's literally the only guy Luke fights during the Sail Barge fight who doesn't instantly die. :p

10. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Mr. Lucas has already stated that he thought about having Boba climb out of th Sarlacc in the Special Edition of ROTJ....I think its pretty safe to say that Boba will be in the ST but in what form we'll just have to wait and see.

Boba, of coarse, wasn't Jango's only clone so maybe Boba Fetts had such a long career in bounty hunting because he's been more than one person?
    Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

11. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I wasn't alive when ROTJ was released, but I always assumed he kinda died like a chump because at the time of the movies, he hadn't achieved the popularity that he did afterwards? But I may be wrong. I feel they tried to make up for Boba's poor efforts by including Jango in AOTC, but then bizarrely made the same mistake, and then he died in a silly way as well.

Personally I think calling ROTJ Boba an imposter is probably a bad choice, there is literally no evidence to support that..I think they'd be better off just making it so that he gets out of the Sarlacc. Having said that, I think they would be best served to just make a new Mandalorian assassin, and make him a complete badass.

Wasn't there a comic in one of the tales books that suggests this also? Boba is not just a single man, but indeed an army of bounty hunters. I don't remember which one though...hmm.

12. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I been thinking about this one for a while. In the TCW episode "Bounty" we see Boba Fett as a teenager about 10 times more badass than his alleged RotJ self. In my personal fanon, the guy in Fett's suit in RotJ is a leftover clone from the wars who Fett hired to be his imposter. Given age acceleration, he'd've gotten 'too old for this sort of thing' and went down like a whimp. I also sorta like the idea of him busting out of the pit offscreen, blastin the *NO* sky high from the inside with a grenade or some such.

Anyone see the test video from '78/'79 with Joe Johnston and a few ILM dudes showing off the Fett suit prototype? That suit was capable of almost everything we saw Jango do in AotC, but the limitations on story and filming prevented Fett from showing off all that stuff. Imagine how hard it is to shoot a battle convincing battle sequence suspended 10-20 ft above the desert, with one dude who has a jetpack VS another who can 'jump real high'.

Boba Fett was unrealized potential but whatever, we all get the consolation prize of seeing an ARMY OF BOBA FETTS. (which not many people seem to give the clones credit for - literally an army boba fetts! Come on.)

PS, first post here and I'm already doing the mental gymnastics to keep Fett alive.

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  13. SlashMan

Feb 5, 2012
    This dude was literally having the worst day ever. Granted, it was a stupid move to jet right in front of a guy with a lightsaber, but he quickly contained him with his cable. Too bad the guy with the cannon tried to get involved, which then sent a deflected shot right into Boba. After taking a few shots that were nowhere near Luke, the jetpack fiasco was the final nail in the coffin.
    Where do they have that video? I've been dying to see it.

Also, you're right about the gear; Jeremy Bulloch complained about the weight of the rocket pack mechanism on set of Empire, and it wasn't even used. Either way, that's dedication to detail (at least they made for cool features on the action figures).

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the video on StarWars.com

14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Link? I've never even heard of this.

15. SlashMan

Feb 5, 2012
    Sorry, forgot the link:
    http://starwars.com/watch/meet_boba_fett.html

Off-topic, but it's interesting to note that the rocket was originally a grappling hook before Empire (seen on the 12" figure). I'm not sure, but I think the wrist darts are where the cables were launched in Jedi. The best of all Fett's high tech gadgets has to be the flashlight on his gauntlet.

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  16. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    He retains his reputation by dying in a fluke accident. No one really defeated him.

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Right, he doesn't get hit by Luke's green wiffle-ball bat. :p

18. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    You know now that I think about it...Boba Fett and the Executor, both really badass enemies in ESB, and they both get taken out due to absurd luck (*cough* out-of-universe interference *cough* George Lucas *cough* breaking suspension of disbelief) on the part of the heroes.

19. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    You cannot be serious.

I tell you, it's times like this where I really despise the EU.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    I once
    I once did a fan fiction where It was told that a Bounty Hunter by the Name of Jodo Kast had impersonated Fett and was the actual one that fell into the Sarlacc, Kast had his own Manalorian Armor patterned after Fett and was Hired by Jabba as a protector after he and the Real Boba Fett had a falling out shortly after Fett delievered Solo to him, Jabba got tight and did not want to pay Fett the amount agreed upon so Fett blasted his way out taking out serveral of Jabbas Guards in the process.

21. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    A Fett spin-off beginning with him crawling out of the Sarlaac under a moon-lit Tatooine night sky is all we need to keep Boba alive.

That being said, why aren't we all screaming that Boba would be too old to be in the ST........ It must be the helmet.

22. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Some of the clones found a way to stop the growth/age acceleration.

23. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    I have a feeling that this will all be addressed in the Boba Fett Spin-Off.................Im hoping for it in the Summer of 2016.

24. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Hmm, now there's an interesting theory. As long as he had the money to pay the Kaminoans (and I get the sense he did), who's to say he couldn't have continued ordering copies of himself? Then he'd be able to amaze the galaxy by seemingly taking on 20 jobs at once. :p

25. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    True! Like I said, I don't remember which comic it was actually in though, I just remember reading it. And I don't think it was canon, it may have been in Tales. But yeah I thought it was an interesting idea.