main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion How many episodic movies could you see them making

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by darkchrono, May 19, 2013.

1. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Aside from all the spinoff movies that they will make how far do you think they will go with the episodic movies. If 7-9 is really successful I could easily see them doing a 10-12 trilogy. After that though it would be interesting of how much further they would take the current Skywalker storyline. I fully expect they would continue to make more movies in the universe but how far they take the episodic movies would be fun to eventually see.

2. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Oops. I should have put episodic movies in the title.

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Episodic episodes....LOL
    My prediction: 7-9 and 10-12 and thats it

4. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Yep. I think they still will continue to make movies but after that I'd imagine they will jump into a different time period. Either in the past or perhaps in the future.

5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm guessing they'll go up to 12. This Trilogy is the "passing of the torch" and the next one will fully focus on the new generation of heroes and probably wrap it up with that.

The non-episodic movies will be in abundance and probably some TV stuff as well.

6. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
  7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm also guessing they'll go up to twelve.

8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Buddha Fett
    That video could easily pass for an early James Bond movie intro.

9. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Numerical episodes? I think 7-9 could very well be it. I think the numerical stuff only really signifies the Skywalker story as well as(by extension) Lucas ideas and themes.

I guess there could be 10-12, but I think that would mean a game plan implemented in 7-9. Personally, I think they are just going to combine the original treatment ideas of those two trilogies. At least I hope. I'm actually way more interested in stories(and potentially original characters)that have nothing to do with Skywalkers.

But the end of the numerical stuff doesn't mean the end of Star Wars movies. Not by a long shot. If anything, its going back to its "roots" where there wasn't a numerical number involved.

I think all you really need is Star Wars- Subtitle -scroll. Numerical numbers are not required.

10. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Well we're at least going to have 1-9 and it's very possible we could do 10-12 someday. They could continue with Luke, Leia, and Han's children and grandchildren or they could skip a few generations and do Legacy movies with Cade Skywalker and Ania Solo

11. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    EU characters??? Might as well forget about that. We may have children in the movies but they are going to be kids created by Lucas/Disney. Not by any of the EU books.

kubricklynch likes this.
  12. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    They will go up to Episode Catorce!!!!!

13. Golden Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    Why are some people so convinced that Jaina, Allana, etc. won't appear? We have no idea what Disney is going to do. They could have an appearance by Jaxxon (the green rabbit creature in the picture below), for all we know.

[​IMG]

mes520 likes this.
  14. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Bond had 20 (official) movies before the restart/reboot/whatever so I could easily see them going to Episode XII or even XVIII unless the ST completely bombs. Even if they don't go that high we don't how many spin-offs they're planning except it's going to be more than one as long as they are profitable for Disyney and Lucasfilm.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it would be nice to have twelve episodes. It would match the old serials that Star Wars is modeled after. If they do go with twelve I'd like to see the grandchildren of the big 3 take center stage in those films instead of the entire ST focusing on passing the torch and waiting until 10-12 for the children to come to the forefront. I just like the idea that each trilogy focuses on the next generation. Also if a Solo child is the main protagonist of the ST it would be kind of cool for us to have six films of the Skywalker Saga and six films of the Solo Saga.

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Fixed. :p

17. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Well, George talked about 9, 12 and then 15 at one point. Though here is what we know.

Originally the Death Star was supposed to be destroyed in Ep VI, but because George didn't know he'd be able to make anything after the first Star Wars (now known as Episode IV: ANH) he ended it with the destruction of the Death Star. Because he didn't know if he wanted or would be able to make VII-IX after he was done with ESB he decided to have Luke confront the Emperor and make Leia his long lost sister. Originally it would have been just him vs Vader and a new Death Star and Ep VII-IX finding his sister and building up to a confrontation with the Emperor. X-XII would have likely been Luke handing off to a new generation like he'll be doing in VII-IX.

The only question know is who will be the enemies in Ep VII-IX?

18. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Disney has already stated that it is going to be an original story and they won't be following any of the EU stuff. Best the EU fans can hope for is probably similar to what TCW did (use some EU character names and planets but it be an entirely new storyline).

19. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Let's keep the EU debates out of this thread.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    up to 9 episodes

21. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    2,000. But no more. That would dilute Star Wars.

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. Golden Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    Disney said it would be an original story, yes. Whether or not that means no EU story material will be referred to is anyone's guess. History suggests that what you said will hold true: That there will be some EU characters and planets used, but the EU stories themselves will mostly be ignored.

23. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012

24. Golden Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    Fair enough.

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Each Episode will cover one year of the history of the GFFA starting with Phanius becoming Darth Ruin.