main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series New animated series CONFIRMED Fall 2014: Star Wars Rebels!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by rezpen, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
  2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I hope we get Wedge, Rendar, Katarn, and maybe a young Thrawn as an Imperial commander in there somewhere.

Samayel_, Rew and Yodaminch like this.
  3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Oh goody gooody gooody :D

4. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Holy crap Wedge would be amazing and PORKINS!

5. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    You know, I honestly expected Disney to capitalize on the era after ROTJ just for the sake of surrounding VII with a great focus. But this, this is my dream era. I couldn't be more happier.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  6. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I cant for the life of me understand why the timeframe of this series is between Ep III and IV........

7. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Since apparently all the main TCW creators continue on with this show(Fillioni, Aeron and Plunkett), hopefully it will build on the story threads begun in the previous series. Great news anyway.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  8. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    And Simon Kinsberg is involved as well!

9. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Because it is a 20 year gap that gives you a whole lot of freedom.

I am so happy they actually picked that era then going with the obvious(post-ROTJ).....which IMO sucks.

10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    A Dark Times show?

HOLY CRAP!

Please be good. Please don't look terrible after The Clone Wars set the bar so high. Oh, and be sure to have your own identity, and not just be TCW 2.0.

11. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Very pleased with the timeframe they chose, it's a big blank for the most part, gives em a lot of freedom while at the same time the opportunity to see many iconic characters/vehicles/troops etc.
    Great stuff, looking forward to it.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  12. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Cannot wait for this! As others have said, hopefully, it continues things from TCW. Also interesting how it's going to be in the style of Ralph McQuarrie concept art. Now TCW kind of did this, but also its own thing, so it well be cool to see McQuarrie paintings come to life.

13. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Vader and Tarkin development.

Speaking of Tarkin: Natasi Daala.

Imperial inquisitors and dark-side adepts.

The possibilities...

Samayel_ and TreborSabreon like this.
  14. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Would have preferred TCW to continue!!!!! I really have no interest in this era though I will check it out... I suspect Filoni will cram Ahsoka into it somehow!!!

15. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I wonder if Filoni has given us confirmation this series will indeed continue to be three-dimensional CG in the video?

Quote: "We said what if this was CG? What if these paintings just popped off and suddenly we give them dimension and the same type of camera work that you see in the original films. That would be a very inspiring animated series."

TreborSabreon likes this.
  16. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Wow... how can you have no interest? This is the Empire at the height of its power... this is pure classic era.

That's almost inevitable at some point. If there were any doubt about his extreme attachment to that particular character, check out the art all over the walls of his office:

There's even a statuette on the shelf behind him.

An appearance or two, or three, is near guaranteed, but I hope he has the sense to realize that her story has been told, and her time as anything like a main character is over. If she keeps popping up everywhere it will be preposterous.

TreborSabreon and kubricklynch like this.
  17. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Don't get me wrong, Im happy to see this timeframe, but as far as freedom goes, I don't see more here. Much like TCW, you have to keep in line with what we already know happens in the films that follow. Is there some freedom in between? Sure.

A series set between III and IV will have to begin with what we know, and end with what we know. Again, sure there's stuff between we will get a kick out of........

Although as obvious a choice it may have been, Post ROTJ is the only place without boundries and established outcomes to work around, for us, the audience. So as far as the freedom to explore goes, this would be the best area. (Of course this only applies if you don't count EU, which I do not.)

Either way, Im sure in the long run both of these timeframes will be covered in some way, be it a series, spin-off, or what-have-you.

Its all good!

18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Wondering what exactly this show is going to entail. The Rebels don't have their first victory over the Empire until shortly before ANH. Unless they are going to retcon the opening scroll of ANH, don't know how they're going to pull off a show of the Rebels losing again and again and again. Unless the show doesn't involve large scale battles and is more about the heroes on the run.

19. Figrin D'aniel

Figrin D'aniel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2013
    While this does have the opportunity to be super awesome it makes me kinda sad to think that we are getting this instead of the "gritty and dark" underword live-action series that had been planned for so long.

20. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    The fact that one of the lead CG artists from TCW is confirmed to be on board heavily suggests so. Though it may be like Tron Uprising. Part traditional animation, part CGI.

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    IMO the best thing about this is that it dispels the notion that Disney were going to abandon all other eras and focus entirely on the "Sequel era". As a reader of the EU (mainly the novels), I love jumping around the different eras and am glad this is going to continue.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Cool. Couldn't have picked a better time frame. I'm 100% certain this is what the live-action show Underworld would have been, though slightly more kid-friendly.

I have no doubt a lot of the regular voice actors will return. Definitely Tom Kane and JAT, and probably Tim Curry as Palpatine as well.

23. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Pretty good era to pick, hopefully this goes well, this could be pretty sweet. Now they can focus on the little characters with not a bunch of Jedi running around.

24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The time period makes the most amount of sense really. Any character not given a proper closing arc in Clone Wars can simply continue in Rebels. I expect Ahsoka, Rex, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Boba Fett will all make appearances. Heck, Ventress is still fair game as is Talzin and I suppose Maul.

Tarkin and Bail Organa could likely have a larger role. I suppose at some point we might see Yoda and Obi-Wan making an appearance (because you just KNOW someone is going to Tatooine and they'll find some way to cram Dagobah in there). And depending on how late the time period is, they can age up Ahsoka and have her interacting with a young Leia or something. They could find a way to throw in a Starkiller clone too I suppose.

Not really what I want of course. I'd rather see Mon Mothma, Bail and Garm Bel Iblis forming the alliance. I'd like to see Jan Dodonna, Crix Madine, Ackbar and the rest with some underdeveloped rebels as the main cast. Wedge would be awesome, but given his age, he may not immediately make it into the show if the time period is too close to Episode 3. Chewie might. But that'll probably change his backstory a bit.

It's possible they could choose someone like Captain Antilles to follow around. Gives us R2-D2 and C-3PO.

No matter what though, please, please PLEASE RECAST PALPATINE! I love Tim Curry, I do. But his voice just isn't right for this one. Just throw some money at Ian McDiarmid, let him call it in like Anthony Daniels does and be done with it.

25. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Want --- Tarkin, construction of Death Star, Separatist remnant possibly being folded into early forces of Rebels, Vader, introduction of non-clone Storm Troopers, Imperial PR cover ups, showing Palpatine and/or Mas Amedda addressing the senate and how they maintain support during this time, the victory alluded to in the opening scroll of ANH, more core world planets.

Do Not Want --- Dagobah, Tatooine, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Chewie, Ahsoka, Rebels defeating the Empire in open warfare repeatedly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.