main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I've always wanted Prequel versions of the Radio Dramas, and would love to see a Clone Wars radio drama as well.

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan and V-2 like this.
  2. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I'd rather listen to one ^^.

3. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    The rebirth of radio dramas, eh? Me gusta.

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Radio dramas are fine, but nothing will ever beat the glorious visual aspect of "The Clone Wars"... or Star Wars in general.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I subscribe to Sirius XM and there's an entire channel for radio dramas but I'm not feeling it. I'd rather watch or read a story.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    With the latest announcement on the new Rebels show, I'm guessing that pretty much seals the deal on "saving" TCW. You could see it as confirmation that TCW really is over, or you could see it as a sign that TCW can live on via the new show if characters from TCW may appear again. But I think it also shows that Disney was not out to destroy every existing SW element outside of the new movies, as many liked to say was happening.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    But the goal is not to save TCW at this point eht13. The campaign is about making sure the Bonus Material is released and we get as much of it as possible. I understand that SW:Rebels means story arcs will get carried over and wrapped in the new show. The campaign should keep the pressure on until said Bonus Material is released at all since we have no info even on when or how. Only once the Bonus Material's outlet is announced is this campaign actually over IMO.

And my opinion on Disney won't change until I see how they treat the new series and what kind of longevity it has and how all the upcoming popcorn flicks with the SW logo on them turn out.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Seerow : Fair enough. [face_peace] And thanks, I did mean to ask if there were any updates on the Bonus Material... wasn't sure if I had missed any news on that.

9. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    It should be mentioned that voting is up on SMGO.TV for TCW.

http://www.smgo.tv/shows/star-wars-the-clone-wars/
    Read the description for the details, so I don't have to point out comments like the one about how it's unlikely that it'll have any effect because it was cancelled for non-financial reasons but it's still just an outlet for fan support...

Oh wait...

VMeran and Random Comments like this.
  10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    OK, I think this is an interesting situation. I'm really happy about the new series and for me I think it could be the best possible solution in that they will continue the more interesting threads leftover from TCW, while getting more interesting in a new era. I have to admit the Clone Wars as a galactic event is kinda fully mined in terms of storytelling potential. Its the other factions and what they are doing which are more interesting, and can live on.

However, I think its still important for us to speak up and say how much we love the show so that the new show can continue carrying the torch in terms of story, animation, and overall continuity. The quality of TCW is what we want so lets cast our votes over at http://www.smgo.tv/shows/star-wars-the-clone-wars

VMeran likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.