main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Do you like Ahsoka or not?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, May 20, 2013.

?

Do you like or dislike Ahsoka?

1. I like Ahsoka

66 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. I dislike Ahsoka

32 vote(s)
    32.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Title says all. My thoughts are that she's a good character and good addition to the Star Wars universe.

Dra--- and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I like Ashoka and think she is a great character, originally I really despised her and in a way made me despise the show overall...then I watched the third season after only watching the first and re-evaluated my decision immediately.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Love her, she's awesome.

Like getting my boobs pinched by needle-nose pliers.

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't dislike her personality or character development or anything like that. But I dislike the fact they felt the need to give Anakin an apprentice - a fairly significant event - and yet this is never mentioned again, has no impact on the films, and has no measurable impact on who Anakin became since her existence was unnecessary to understanding his character development across the films.

TCW just seems like it exists in its own little bubble for me, and when I watch the films and The Clone Wars are mentioned in ANH, it's almost like Obi-Wan is alluding to events that I feel like I haven't seen, since TCW - and Ahsoka - don't feel like they occupy the same universe IMO, regardless of the fact that they are meant to. Ahsoka's presence in TCW is not the least of the factors that give me a hard time reconciling TCW with the movie universe.

Basically, I hate that the character exists as Anakin's apprentice but don't have much of a problem with her beyond that. Had she been Saesee Tiin's apprentice or Adi Gallia's apprentice, etc. it would have been fine.

6. eukaryote

eukaryote Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 21, 2008
    My thought out answer is:

No. Dislike.

Nothing personally against her - I mean, she's a good character, but I don't like the fact Anakin had a padawan. I dunno, it just bugs me and I can't get over it even after all this time.

7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Should there not be a third option in this poll, saying "I don't care or mind", or "Indifferent"? That should encompass all of the basic opinions.

I tend to agree somewhat with TaradosGon on this matter, particularly the idea that Anakin had a Padawan, which retroactively affected a good chunk of Clone Wars EU and even gave the jarring question of why is she not mentioned at all in RotS? But it is what it is, and I will say that I treat the introduction of Ahsoka Tano in the same way I treat Darth Maul's "resurrection"; that it was a poor idea saved by good execution. Though in this case, it took me nearly five seasons to really warm to Ahsoka's character. Initially I found her fairly annoying and very Mary Sue-ish, but I tolerated her presence because she certainly was not the reason why I chose to watch the show, and her antics could at times provide some entertainment.

That being said, by midway through Season 5 I had grown to not only tolerate her, but to actually like her character, particularly in relation to Anakin (so I didn't have to refrain from voting in this poll). I think the real point of Ahsoka's character in TCW was to show how she affected the Chosen One and shaped who he would become in RotS (we finally got something significant in the finale arc of Season 5). Of course, we still don't need Ahsoka's existence at all to explain Anakin's behavior in RotS, but all in all Ahsoka worked out well within the context of the show itself, nothing more, nothing less.

8. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    She was definately annoying initially, particularly in the movie. However, once they have her a more mature look and personality I got to really like her character. As others said, I just wish they had used her better with regards to Anakin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm the opposite. If someone had done this poll in 2009 or 2010, I would have voted "like."

10. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I disliked her when she was young, although I can’t think of a Padawan character I genuinely liked. She has a few unbearable moments, like when I’m supposed to believe she can fight Grievous on even ground, when Kit Fisto’s padawan died. Also I disliked looking at her mid-drift, it grosses me out when main female protagonists are over-sexualized.

However, on a whole, she’s a pretty interesting character and grew up to be a decent Jedi- and got a better outfit lol. It's impressive character development. This is saying something, because the entire time, I was comparing her to my favorite Jedi – Shaak Ti, who was also a Togruta. I thought she was giving a bad name for Togruta Jedi that Shaak-Ti worked so hard to maintain. As her character developed, I can see her becoming a lot like Shaak-Ti now.

darth fluffy likes this.
  11. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    I think she's okay. I don't think she should exist though. Shoehorning in an unknown apprentice into Anakin's life after ROTS was released is just stupid.

12. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    She grew on me. I didn't like the concept and initial appearances because I believed it seemed unnecessary in Anakin's history, but she eventually became a respectable Jedi. I actually felt some attachment by the time she left.

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Of course, she's one of my all time favourite Star Wars characters.

Dra--- and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  14. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Absolutely not, she was your typical new hero, got all of the attention, and why wasn't she mentioned in the movies? And she was maid way too powerful for a 14-year-old.

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    She should have been Obi-Wan's apprentice.

16. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
  17. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Yes, I was always bothered about the very idea of Anakin having an apprentice. A strong relationship with Anakin is fine but not full apprentice.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I thought it was cool that he had an apprentice, especially given the reasons that the Council had for giving him one, hoping to reign him in by giving him some responsibility. And I think to an extent it worked.

When his apprentice started outdoing him, outdoing the Jedi Council, and just generally becoming Teh Awesome that she became a problem.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  19. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    I love her character and her role in the series. I really hope she plays a prominent role in Rebels. She's one of my all time favorite Star Wars characters.

20. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Doesn't kill it for me, but I have to admit that this is problematic.

21. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013
    I like a few others initially disliked her because it was adding something to Anakin's character that had to effect him in a major way, yet due to the obvious reason of Ahsoka not having been created yet her not factoring into Anakins story in ROTS. But as the series went on her character kind of grew on me.

22. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    I feel like the way she was used actually strengthened Anakin's fall. Having her leave the order after being betrayed helped sow the seeds of Anakin's distrust of the Jedi Order. With the way she exited the series, I feel like it makes perfect sense she wasn't mentioned in Revenge of the Sith.

23. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Not at first. She got better though.

24. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I like her, especially at the end there. I wasn't a fan at first though, but hey. It's a shame it'll be awhile before we know what happens to her now.

25. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I dislike Ahsoka as a character but I enjoy watching episodes involving her. I don't know why though. Maybe it's like when you see the news covering some horrible diseaster or accident and can't stop watching even though you feel bad for everyone that's involved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.