main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The New User Social VI: Return of The Chaos!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth Gangrenous, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Sure, why not. ;)

And yes, Frank, I should add those in as well.

Although those are more like this:

[​IMG]

:p

hear+soul and Darth Gangrenous like this.
  2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    *mock horror* :p

3. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Which voice should I do first?

4. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Oh great, now I have to be responsible again...I mean aww thanks guys!

[:D]

I found the JCF in 2006 because I had just finished up reading Outbound Flight and it greatly confused me. I think I mixed the story up with something else so it was not the story I thought it was going to be and I was just so lost. I've been on the internet since I was 14 or 15. I used to go in pro wrestling chatrooms to talk to my best friend who lived two hours away from me (we knew each other in real life). I'd never thought to look for Star Wars stuff online despite having read the stories since I was 12 or 13 and my mom told me I needed some adult length books to read (which meant no more horse stories for me :( ) So anyways I stumbled upon the Lit thread and read through some of that. Signed up and asked apparently a stupid question and got a weird reaction from some people. I don't back down to conflict though so I pm'd a few and asked them to explain how things worked and why my question was met with that type of response. I lurked more than I posted for awhile but when I started posting Sinrebirth recruited me to join the EUC and I prefer to talk to people here about the books instead of there now. I still read a lot over there but I don't feel the need to post or involve myself in their discussions. I'm more blunt "Hey I liked this and this but didn't like that." And then be done.

Favorite moments:
    Becoming Chancellor and beating out some people that I didn't think I'd ever beat.
    Becoming a moderator. (I both loved and hated this :p )
    C5 and meeting a ton of people from the boards
    The Cade Brigade
    Being a Sith

Mission Complete!

hear+soul likes this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Why I joined the JCF . . .

Long story . . .

I first found TF.N about February or March in 2008 after seeing something in the paper about fanfilms (someone was showing a fanfilm in town, so the paper decided to mention others that could be found online). I found "Troops" on that list, and checked out the site for the first time. It was a few months before I saw the "Forum" button on the site, and when I registered I knew that I was going to get addicted.

And addicted to the boards I became. I started off in the movie forums, mostly just asking questions about the Saga that nagged at me. However, then I began to branch out; I found the SWC, the EUC (was here for s short time before leaving, since I still don't know much EU ;) because I don't have time to read everything), and other forums. This madness has been going on for the last five years, in which my homework productivity has seen a sharp decline as I waste more time here than I spend working.

My Favorite Moments:

Hosting my own games over in the now-consolidated C&G forum.
    Being elected Chancellor of the SWC Senate for one term
    Limmie! :D Enough said about this.
    Being a part of the community

Mission Complete!

hear+soul likes this.
  6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh let us see. CONGRATULATIONS SEY! May all your SW horses be multi-personality wrecks that save your bacon whilst piloting an x-wing ;)

Oh, yes. The boards. Didn't I share this already? Or was it somewhere else? Possibly.

Well I am just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. The year was 2003 or 2004. The SW boards had just gotten another redesign. Little did I know it would be the first of many. I was minding my business in the library, wasting my two hour limit after finishing some research by seeing what the boards had up in the socializing section since the regular threads I frequented had been silent since the day priors visit. Low and behold a topic I entered and heard another who started mentioning another SW site! Bless my library card! I didn't know there was such a thing. They said it was horrible, full of juvenile delinquents and rubbish the sort to make one's book covers turn red from embarrassment and righteous indignation.

Imagine that, and me an upstanding library card holder. I wasn't about to risk my card, or my mum seeing me on such a germ ridden site. I logged out and went to the back shelves of the library and found my rental of the week. Either the Young Jedi Knight series or else the Robe. I cannot remember which at the moment. Either way some lovely light reading, back when classes allowed time for such things :p

Fast forward about a year later and at the same library a high school student, Rushing for the release eventual from the rigors of high school sees more bad press for this alternate site, TFN. So bad in fact it is basically a flame war with no defenders of the site being flamed and inured in effigy so deeply that a pang of sympathy and juvenile rebellion spark together and the young lad finds this site that is so terrible to know it and judge it for himself. It would not be until a couple months later that he created a name for himself and started posting RockDragon something or other was born that day. Sadly the lad forgot to write down the password and login name. . .and so a couple months later, Mitth_Fisto was born onto the site! And. . .It. . .Was. . .Embraced! The old fell away, literally eventually, and the new home was secured. So it was, so it is, and by the library card so shall it be :cool:

My Favorite Moments:

Rping in more games than one can shake a stick at over the years.
    Winning a few RPing and EU citizen awards. Being nominated for more.
    Sleepy game series. Fun and deadly time had by all. Portrayed Admiral Daala in that, my first female role.
    Becoming a Knight and Nearly master of three different EU Force user groups, and than they died on me.
    Becoming a Knight of the EU Jedi GOL, Becoming a Crimson Knight of this establishment, and surviving the move.
    Senator of the Chiss, representing the Jeensaarai in the tournament, being a teacher to padawans, aiding welcome program, being mentored, and just about anything that I have enjoyed, laughed, or cried over from my time here. ;)

And so in the immortal form of a look-a-like:
    [​IMG]
    Bye Bye!

MISSION COMPLETE!

hear+soul likes this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I found the JC Forums back when I read rumors that TCW was going to "add" to the culture of my beloved Mandalorians. The Mandalorian fan club/thread popped up in a search I was doing and it was nice to see some like minded fans. I stuck to the Mandalorian thread for about a year, and I doubt I had even 50 posts in that time. Then Sinrebirth drew me out as he was looking for more activity in the EUC Senate. Addie kept me around after winning that election as one of her ministers and things went from there. Since then I have been consolidating my powerbase spamming things up and having a lot of fun.

Favorite moments:

• Being named mand'alor of the Mandalorian fanclub.
    • Being elected Chancellor and holding that post on the temp boards.
    • Being named Best Patron for the EUC awards last October (never saw that coming)
    • Playing in all the RPG's I do now. Limmie, Shadow War and Intervention are a lot of fun! I think I come here as often for those as I do for the EUC now.
    • Starting my time as a Moderator here on these forums. An eye opening experience, and an enjoyable one thus far.
    MISSION ACOMPLISHED!

[​IMG]

hear+soul, Mitth_Fisto and BultarSwan like this.
  8. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    You guys rock and are hilarious. :)[face_laugh]

Can't wait to double back and thoroughly read all this stuff.

9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Congrats Sey! Welcome to the ring of master! :D

10. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Mission Complete

I actually first heard about and found theforce.net back in 1997! When the Special Editions were in theaters I picked up a Yahoo Magazine and there was a write up about the best Star Wars sites on the Web. This one was created by some college students and Texas A&M. No idea why I still remember that, but I do and I often checked this site for SW news. It seems that when I was reading the NJO I used to read the Lit forums, but after all the fan complaints somewhere between Episodes 2 and 3 I got really tired of SW. I stopped reading and only went to see Episode III at all because my husband went and I felt obligated to go with him. Then last year I got injured and bored so I picked up reading again. When I read I found out just how insane the EU had become so I found the forums again to see what the reaction had been. Eventually I joined the forums and found this place.

Since arriving here some of my favorite moments have been:

*Joining the Wes Janson Fan Club...The Guntlet rules!

*Becoming a Jedi in the EUC and creating a character for Shadow Wars

*Learning about and joining Limmie

*Hanging out in the BMC

*challenging myself to come up with stuff for the missions on this thread

hear+soul likes this.
  11. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I found the JCF a few days after the release of RotS and not long after attending CIII, I googled Star Wars(just for the heck of it) and the first thing that popped up was the the link for this place...well this place before the move anyway. :p After a short time I started making friends and decided to stick around as there was a bit more freedom here than there was at the official site and the forums that they use to have.

Favorite moments:

• Making friends.
    • Being chosen to host Teh-Mole.
    • Through the Fan Force I got to meet Aaron Allston, pick his brain about writing and work his book signing event at a local branch of Border's Books when Betrayal was first released.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

hear+soul and Runjedirun like this.
  12. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Have fun with the next few missions. I think I won't be able to participate, but I'll watch them (or read them later on). ;) :D

hear+soul likes this.
  13. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Ok, Ski! Thanks for the heads up.

14. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    That was fun reading all your stories. :)

Mine is pretty simple: I found the forums googling General Grievous concept art. I'm, weirdly perhaps, really into concept art. I love alternate versions of things (on games where you create your own character, I take forever :p ). I suppose I was also curious, after the clone wars GG, how they were going to develop the character for RotS, because he was SO cool in CW. That search took me to the... I can't remember what they called it then.... but the ROTS forums, on which I spent a lot of time discussing the possibilities of this and that and my expectations for episode III were built to the roof. From there, I skipped to the WNU and JCC and all around. The CJ took me here, when the NUS was still in discussions.

Favorite moments:
    • The excitement for ROTS and the craze that was in force on the boards then (I'm sure it wasn't so fun for others :p )
    • Epic pillow-fights in the WNU
    • Being a part of the life of the CJ and the CJ itself
    • Epic freestyle battles and hip-hop arguments in the JCC (along with other JCC silliness)
    • Trying my hand as an icon artist :p
    • Experiencing all the various corners of the JCF over the years
    • Hanging with cool people like you all. :cool::)
    Mission complete!!

New Mission coming soon.

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  15. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    My favorite panel thing at Celebration III was meeting the guy who did the voice of Grievous. He was so young and excited to be working on his dream and passion. He may have created the character or something, because he wasn't going to be the voice originally. I wish I remembered more, he was awesome!

16. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    The voice for the movie?

Ok, mission time. This one's going to be a small, but important one, and next week we will face a challenging, but fun one. [face_mischief]

Mission XII completed by:
    s65horsey
    Jedi Gunny
    Mitth_Fisto
    Bardan_Jusik
    Runjedirun
    Darth Gangrenous
    +myself

It's also time to promote someone to master!! [face_dancing]
    A ceremony of mastership!!!!!!!! for

Mitth_Fisto

moments:
    He also wrote a killer mini fanfic I quite well enjoyed.

He is someone I would consider a kindred spirit, and is a wonderful injection of fun and life around here, whilst still faithfully completing just about every mission thrown his way. Now, no longer just an adventuring and crusading knight, having achieved mastership of the order, I present to you:

Master Mitth_Fisto

Welcome to the masters, my friend, and congratulations. :cool:
    [face_party]
    With that in mind, here is your updated roster:
    blue knights need only complete the master mission of suggesting a mission for us to do on the off-site here.
    And a splendid opportunity to do so is now presenting itself:

As we are running low on ideas, the call is on you, Crimson Jedi, to fill up the idea tank that keeps this thing running.

Mission XIII: Submit an idea for a weekly mission here. Bonus point if you submit an idea for the Crimson Jedi, overall, in the suggestion box.

FairLili CPL_Macja Darth_Fred Whitelight

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  17. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
  18. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Hi! Oooh okay. :D

19. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Hey! Hi! how you?

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Ooh, bonus points. Must . . . have . . . [face_hypnotized]

ma_petite and hear+soul like this.
  21. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    We need the juice, so if you got a good idea or criticism or comment- it's worth more than a point!

related notes: As some of us are approaching grandmaster status... the promotion method is being sured up. Here's what it's lookin like right now, so feel free to use that as a basis to comment from, as well. GM should be a bit of work, imho.

Also, the off-site will be upgraded sooner than later... all of proboards are, so that will be interesting.

22. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I'm doing all right. On vacation starting today. :)

hear+soul likes this.
  23. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I.... keep forgetting to come here. [face_blush]

hear+soul likes this.
  24. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Hey Yvette. [:D] You could watch this thread. :)

25. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Or she could watch herself! ohhhhhhhhhhhh psyke :p

We love seeing you whenever or however often it is, Yvette. How are things?

B- Vacation??????????????? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you gonna do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.