main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Female Jedi

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Silas Nightstalker, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    Why aren't there more prominent female Jedi? Of course there's Mara Jade, Saba, Jaina...well, that's pretty much it, from what I can remember! Thoughts?

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Bastilla and Stelae (sp?) Shan are there. Kreia was a Jedi at one point, and the Exile. Juhani...maybe. KOTOR is rather good about that actually.

As for NJO and on...Tionne (sp?), Tenel Ka, Kirana Ti, Allana (eventually).

PT: Siri Tachi, Shak Tii, Bariss Offee, Ashoka.

I'm sure there's more, but that's off the top of my head.

EDIT: Leia!!! How did I forget her?:oops:

3. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Cilghal is my favorite NJO Jedi so far.

zarkinfrood and Pearlsaber like this.
  4. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    Well, I don't know if Leia counts...she was already a super prominent character before she became a Jedi.

5. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    Cilghal! I love her! I really wish they would make more novels about the other Jedi in the NJO. I know she's a healer, but I'd love to see her in action!

VanishingReality likes this.
  6. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    The Sunriders!

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  7. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    I hear a lot about...Nomi? Sunrider, but I'm not really sure who she is. I could just Wookipedia her, but that would take all the fun out of it. :)

Aegon Starcaster likes this.
  8. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    Yeah, there are some good female Jedi out there... Maybe you just need to read more SW. :)

9. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    While there is a selection, especially thanks to KotOR, they're not usually the centre of the story's focus. Really, that's true of non-Jedi as well, in the SW universe. Most of the characters in the novels, comics, and films are male. Frustrating as all, but I don't know that there's anything we can do about it.

10. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Ditto. I'm glad the SW universe is expanding the role of women, especially the last 10 years or so. It makes everything more interesting. Maybe 7-9 will continue the trend! :D

11. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    The post 25 ABY Empire featured a lot of female force users/ Imperial Knights. Miat Temm to start, but then later Marasiah Fel, Sigel Dare, Elke Vetter and Azlyn Rae come to mind right away.

12. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    This This THIS.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Can't believe no one's mentioned Kerra Holt! It doesn't get any better than Lone Female Jedi, and Kerra kicks all sorts of ass. I really hope JJM continues her story after Kenobi when he's less busy.

14. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The Sunriders appeared in Tales of the Jedi. Nomi Sunrider made sure Qel-Droma could no longer use his Force powers.
    She also was an excellent swordswoman and she was expert in Battle Meditation.

15. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013

But she was just saying prominent. All those females mentioned are in fact prominent.

I do agree with you, though. That's actually one of the reasons why I love the Exile as a character, and absolutely hate how they dealed with her in the Revan novel.

16. LeeMillington

LeeMillington Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2013

Thankfully, the Sword of the Jedi series and Razor's Edge are coming up. Small movements in the right direction.

There are two female Jedi I can think of who have been missed out - the Twi'leks Aayla Secura and Alema Rar.

17. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Prominent within the order, perhaps. Prominent in the stories? Usually not. Most stories that focus on female characters have been in very recent years, and while I love the older novels, they were seriously lacking in female characters (and those that were there were nearly always love interests, which is related but somewhat of a different topic).

18. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    I gotta go for Callista pre-Darksaber [face_cowboy]

VanishingReality likes this.
  19. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Jysella Horn, Tenel Ka, Lusa (okay not Lusa as much). ;)

20. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Right now Kerra Holt's the standout that comes to mind in terms of female Jedi. Knight Errant was an excellent novel. She wasn't portrayed as perfect by any means. She had her flaws, but she had a strong heart and a good moral compass. Faced with tough decisions I thought that she managed to make the decision of a true Jedi in the end.

Mara Jade was a good one that received a massive amount of attention while alive, and has continued to appear in works while dead. She was always portrayed as highly capable to.

Nomi Sunrider and Vima Sunrider are two of the more prominent female Jedi that could use more attention I think. Same goes for Tenel-Ka, though with her being Queen Mother now it's a little hard to have her appear with a major role in stories.

An example of a female Dark Jedi who received good coverage was Alema Rar.

21. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The Dark Woman...

SateleNovelist11 and zompusbite like this.
  22. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    Alema Rar could have been so much more. From what I've read, she wasn't supposed to be an especially powerful Jedi, yet she went toe-to-toe with Leia several times. And then killed off by Jag! She could have been a great Dark Lady of the Sith...

23. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Just a thought:

Personnally, I think 'Dark Lord of the Sith' sounds so much more threatening than 'Lady of the Sith'.
    'lady' makes me think of a well-mannered, good-looking woman while 'lord' makes me think of someone that is oppressing someone else

24. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Alema as a character wouldn't have made a good Sith Lord/Lady.

25. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    I think she had potential. She could have been the next Lumiya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.