main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Luke's Romantic Realization! L/M, one shot.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 22, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by Jade eyes. Disclaimer: I am borrowing the characters and will put them back after I've squeeed.

Note: I was thinking of this ever since a couple days. Woot! This solves everything. [face_laugh] You'll see what in a sec.

~~~~~~

Mara was cold through and through. She had picked up Luke and someone named Callista, and the way Callista was falling over Luke and kissing him senseless, it made Mara's heart ache in an unexpected fashion. It was none of her karking business what or whom Luke was interested in.

Except, Luke wasn't. ...

He disentangled himself from Callista and rushed to where Mara was standing at the top of the ramp. He seized her hands and beamed. "I thought I'd never get out of that confounded place!" He exclaimed. "Let's get Cray ... Callista checked out at a nearest med-center, shall we?"

Mara nodded dumbfounded.

When all that was settled Luke was medning, and he was reunited with his sister, joyfully, Luke commed Mara with a genuine thank-you.

"When I was injured, at first I entertained myself with chats with Callista. That was a surreal experience let me tell you. Then I started having the strangest dreams ... I thought they were delirium-induced, but they weren't."

"How do you know that?" Mara asked, studying him carefully.

"Because I had another one last night." Luke flushed. "It was of you ... I didn't realize until there was a good chance I'd never see my sister or Han and the kids again, how much I cared for them and regretted not spending more time with them ... but do you know what?"

Mara smirked. "You'll tell me, I'm sure."

Luke grinned. "I realized I'd miss you just as much. I have no reason to, but I would. I think I've always cared for you, Mara, in a more than just-friends way. And it took this experience to ram it finally through my thick head."

Mara was flustered. She was also elated, apprehensive, true, but more happy than anything else. She had thought she was just one of Luke's friends or sometime Jedi students. It made her tingle all over wondering what kind of dreams of her he'd been having.

[face_mischief]

Perhaps ... they could find out?

++++

See? [face_laugh] Took care of a lot of inconvenient stuff LOL :D ;)

2. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    I'll say. Who falls in love with a computer anyway?

Lady_Misty and Jade_eyes like this.
  3. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    The whole idea of romance with Callista is ridiculous. I wish infection in his leg have giving him dreams about Mara.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Cray Calista that sums it up (a supercomputer) and Luke having dreams about Mara[face_dancing] She sure wants to know more about that

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That's what I'm saying. Every time I think of Callista I am reminded of that 1977 movie Demon Seed [face_sick] (the book was better :p).

But that begs the question...if Luke is the all high and mighty Jedi...how come in his meditations he never saw a glimpse of him bootknocking with Mara? Oh wait, I was writing that story...maybe I should finish it. o_O

Nice little story! I don't like Callista. I was once almost banned (or should I say my FanArt screen name was almost banned) for posting a drawing of a Calvin (from Calvin & Hobbes) urinating on the word Callista. I even had Calvin wearing Jedi Blacks and he had a little lightsaber. It irritated the Callista fans way back then. I sometimes forget Jedi_Lover is my sock. I have to get back to drawing.

AzureAngel2, Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  6. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Cause it wasn'tin the Force's almighty plan till zahn wrote it. In fact it took a long time for them to get Lucas agree to Luke marrying Mara...word is he didn't like her.I guess he thought she wasn't good enough for his character. But it was okay to have the Callista hook up with Luke.

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I expect that from the man who brought me Jar Jar. Callista was a monstrosity. Soul switching? Really? That just sounds ghoulish. If Callista had been encased in carbonite on the Eye of Palpatine...I could have handled that. The body snatching was just so unappealing that it killed any chance of the fans warming up to the character. It didn't help that she was boring. The only conversation that I remember Callista having is when she talked to Mara. And that is probably because I was hoping for a cat fight. o_O

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Jade! You are spot on recounting what happened. Great fic! :D [:D]

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Now why isn't THIS canon! Seriously, the stupid L/C romance never made sense to me.

Oh, and L/C doesn't stand for Luke/Callista, it stands for Luke/Computer :p

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Luke spent nights booting her up with his harddrive. [face_laugh]

AzureAngel2, Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    That was great Jade :D

Sometimes it really takes something life threatening to make you realize what you have in front of you [face_love]

12. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Awwwwww! :D
    Luke is so sweet in this!
    I wanna know wot he dreamed too? :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, JL, that's just too [face_rofl] [face_rofl] :D Thanks all for the great reviews. @};- [:D] Personally, at the end of the Last Command and during the Jedi Academy trilogy, I expected there to be chemistry/sparks between L/M. [face_sigh] And if he'd indulged in some of his fantasies ;) you couldn't have paid her to leave. [face_dancing]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, Callista. LOL I'm glad Luke has better sense here. [face_love] And I'm with J_L. Had Callista been encased in carbonite, I wouldn't have disliked her story line so much. That would make sense. She could have bonded with Han over their shared horrible experience and her whole story wouldn't be so... icky. Of course L/M is endgame but I wouldn't have minded Callista if her story had been a lot different.

Lady_Misty and Jade_eyes like this.
  15. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I've always frowned at the whole Luke/Callista thing, so of course, I very much approve of this fic. ;) :D

This. [face_laugh]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Amon_Amarth: [face_laugh] Thanks. That wonderful line you quoted, it's gonna show up in another fandom I'm writing for. LOL The lady is blessed in that one as well. =P~ Woohoo!

17. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Seeing that Callista technically died and took over a computer then took over a vacant body to be with Luke feels wrong. She would have been about his father's age if both of them were still alive if not older. Yes, she's in the body of a younger woman but still.

Mara knew Luke better then some woman that had been trapped in a computer for thirty plus years. Yeah Luke talked to Callista while he was at worked on a way to escape but Mara knew Luke few several years and what not. Heck, Mara could have sung Taylor Swift's song "You Belong With Me" and been right on some of the the things.

Jedi_Lover some people can't take hate on their favorite character(s).

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    True, but it goes both ways. There is a lot of Mara haters out there. I read their vitriol filled diatribes about Mara Jade and I ignore it. We all can have our own opinions. Attacking Callista fans personally is wrong. I know there are a lot of them here in the forum. And I don't go into the Callista Fan Club and give them grief.

I am currently writing a story about Callista. o_O And I think Callista fans would approve. In fact many of my stories that have Callista as a character are done with a positive spin on the character...such as Callista's Quest, The Journal of Mark Tantiss and Be Careful What You Wish For.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Yeah, there are times when I think you also just have to spell it out literally to make a man he has a good thing in front of him. Not saying Luke was not quick on the uptake - that happened because of the the profic made it. I enjoyed how you corrected everything.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yup, hope it stays corrected for Ep#7. :p [face_laugh]

AzureAngel2 and Gemma like this.
  21. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You writing about it turned it into something brilliant, as usual.

@};-

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  22. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I think she will definitely be finding out first hand what kind of dreams he had! :D That was wonderful, it was wonderful seeing him realize that he missed her just as much and love her mix of emotions. Great! [face_love]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nicole, coming from a worldbuilder of amazing talent, that was a great compliment. :cool:

Ash: :D Yup, definitely the perks of Luke/Mara being on the same page romantically - is tons of sizzle and snark. [face_love]