main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Does anyone think Darth Vader will *not* be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MiamiJedi, Jan 26, 2013.

1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    As if foreshadowing doesn't count.

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    This thread has bore witness to some of the most horrendous ideas for a Star Wars film I've heard in over 30 years as a fan. Bring back Boba from his meaningless 'death' at the Sarlaac as a fan service or cash-grab or what-have-you? Okay, I can see it and as a fan of the character, I think I'd quite enjoy it. Others won't like to see any character return like that, but it wouldn't tear at the very seams of the Star Wars saga.

Bring back Darth %&#$@ Vader in the flesh and blood and you obliterate any semblance of story or meaning to the first six films (Anakin's redemption and sacrifice were... well, kinda important).

Oh, and we can talk all day long about Disney wanting to rake in the do-re-mi, but how healthy is that bottom line going to look as just droves and droves of lifelong supporters of the franchise turn away in bewilderment and disgust?

Hayden as a Force ghost wouldn't surprise me one bit, but the only way I can see a suited, menacing Darth Vader appearing for even a brief moment or two is in a Force-fueled nightmare / vision in the mind of either one of Anakin's kids. That certainly wouldn't bother me, but Luke finding / constructing and then donning a Vader suit? Time-travel?

Really? I mean, really?

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Huh? I never said foreshadowing doesn't count. I said that Anakin is alive in those movies, and the hints at Vader are hints of things to come... hence foreshadowing. They are totally legitimate references at things to come, because people who already knew Vader appreciated them, and people who didn't know Vader already (whoever that actually is) wouldn't be bothered by them anyway. Breathing after the closing credits of TPM disrupts nothing. A shadow in AOTC and some Imperial March music playing disrupts nothing, and again, would only be caught as a Vader reference by those who know him anyway.

This is totally different than something coming up about Vader in the ST, because we already saw Anakin become Vader, we already saw Vader die, and we already saw his suit being cremated. Plus we already saw Anakin's Force ghost.

kainee likes this.
  4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Again with the idea of a single suit!

Vader must have stunk something awful.

LawJedi likes this.
  5. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    How can someone wear Vader's suit if it was cremated on Endor? I suppose they could go with the Vader's glove thing, but that's really about it.

6. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Palpatine: "Oh, you must smell like...feet wrapped in...leathery...burnt...bacon!"

Maybe the meditation chamber had built in one hour dry cleaning.

To be fair, clothing seems to work that way in Star Wars. Jedi seem to wear the same exact robes for years at a time. Han had all of like two outfits, with two pairs of pants he wore in two movies. Leia wore the same Alderaanian dress in two movies, implying that it served as a kind of uniform (no respectable Princess keeps a dress in her wardrobe for three years, unless there's a good reason). Luke seemed to have only one tan flightsuit that he wore the whole time he was on Dagobah, and then wears the same black Jedi suit for the entirety of ROTJ (which takes place over several days, at least).

kainee, BigAl6ft6 and V-2 like this.
  7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    The only way Vader will get into a new film is if it is set around the time of the OT... The Boba Fett film anyone???

Or how about a Vader spin off film set between ANH and TESB??

8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    That would work and have some connection to the story. In ANH all he knows is the guy in front of him was strong in the force. In ESB he know's it's his son and actively looking for him. A film where he discovers it was Luke and Luke is his son would work really well.

kainee likes this.
  9. DiditAllForTheWookie

DiditAllForTheWookie Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    I know, right? Here is kind of how I would envision it. Luke Skywalker blows up the Death Star and becomes famous. Vader hears about it and says, "Hey that guy has my last name!"

-The End.

Yeah, total barnburner.

[face_mischief]

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [face_sick]

11. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    I wanna see Vader come back just to watch him get set on fire again. Make it a threefer, the new "I have a bad feeling about this".

12. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    Vader won't be resurrected. That would ruin the whole arch of the first 6 films, not to mention it would be extremely cheesy. I can almost guarantee that the force ghost of Anakin Skywalker will play a significant role in these films.

kainee likes this.
  13. edog37

edog37 Jedi Master

Mar 20, 2005
    massive problems with this. He told Luke that he was saved. That's a pretty strong argument for redemption. Luke always believed there was good in Vader & Vader acknowledged it. That's what he meant by that. Again, pretty strong indication that he had rescued Anakin's soul. Plus, most Sith apprentices actually look to survive their encounter with the Sith master. Anakin dove right in & took on the full brunt of Palpatine's lightning. As far as him not apologizing for the atrocities, the dude had literally seconds left to live. He acknowledged to Luke what Luke always believed. Bottom line: it's pretty clear that Anakin was redeemed at the end of Jedi.

kainee likes this.
  14. Bob Octa

Bob Octa Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2013
    This hurts me.

kainee and DarthBreezy like this.
  15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    So to summarize... Force ghost of Anakin: maybe. Darth Vader: no.

16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I and I hope neither.

The Hellhammer and eht13 like this.
  17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    They might consider hiring a more convincing actor for Anakin this time around.

[​IMG]

18. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I don't think he will be physically in it...

19. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I think it's very unlikely that we will not see Darth Vader/Anakin in new movies.

Surely on the surface it seems more likely it would be in a spin-off between III and IV but depending on how Lucas sees it (as it's his storyline) I could see a possible return of Anakin. He is part of the Force itself so the idea that he could return from the Force into the flesh (an idea that Lucas had for Obi Wan for VI) is certainly possible.

Once returned it would also be possible that he would don the Vader garb in the name of the light.

It's certainly possible though I see it more likely as some sort of one-off story point in one of the movies where 3 generations of Skywalkers unite.

I think anything is up for grabs at this point.

I don't expect it but then I don't really know what to expect at this point.

They might also consider hiring someone more convincing for Luke as well but I would guess they wouldn't.

kainee likes this.
  20. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    IMO, if they do that, it would be just as bad as having another Iron Man movie with NO Robert Downey Jr.

Oh, WAIT! They actually are considering that!! :rolleyes:

Either way I think that would be devastating to continuity-it would really bother me if they switched up Christensen, regardless of any past performances!!

kainee likes this.
  21. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I agree, a recast would be bad.

That's why I'd simply rather never see Anakin again.

22. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He'll most definitely be mentioned I could see him appearing as a force ghost or at least in a flashback.

23. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Vader will be in "Episode VII" especially with the return of the OT cast. But It will probably be a Luke Skywalker Dream sequence. But not filler, it will be a significant scene. I doubt they wouldn't capitalize having one of the greatest movie villains ever even if it's for a short scene. James Earl can reprise his voice also.

24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe, in that dream, Luke will cut Vader's head off in a cave or something. Oh, wait...

25. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Things escalate.
    Luke cuts Vader's cave.

[face_plain]

kainee likes this.