main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dawn of the Jedi-Prisoner of Bogan #5 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS: DAWN OF THE JEDI—PRISONER OF BOGAN #5 (of 5)
    John Ostrander (W), Jan Duursema (P), Dan Parsons (I), Wes Dzioba (C), and David Michael Beck (Cover)
    On sale May 22
    FC, 32 pages
    $2.99
    Miniseries
    Je’daii Daegen Lok is on the verge of launching a war against the Je’daii. With the Force-strong stranger Xesh as his ally and a young Je’daii captive, Lok is close to his goal.
    But Je’daii Rangers are close behind, as the Masters at the Temples have unlocked some of the secrets of Xesh’s origins. Something worse than the prisoner of Bogan is loose in the Tython system!
    • Most popular Star Wars series of 2012!

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Dang. Daegen sure cleaned up.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Can someone post a bigger picture or a link?

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

Lok looks like Prince.

TychoCorde, Cronal, Zorrixor and 4 others like this.
  5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Where's the thread for #3? I think it comes out this week.

6. max-attac

max-attac Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2009
    Skal'nas: Prepare the Fleet ... prepare for War !!!!=D=

The Force Wars begins in Act III.

7. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Meh… they should not have Blasters, those get invented a lot later, Beam Tubes are the only thing that might be sitting around. [face_sigh]

8. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    The ending was good. Now I can't wait for Force Wars!

The-Eternal-Hero likes this.
  9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Shouldn't this be stickied?

But anyways, great ending! Really like Xesh's evolution, Lok's backstory, and the Je'daii Council waking up. Too bad it already seems too late.

Why aren't they more suspicious of Trill, though? Xesh has a letter tattooed onto his face. Trill shows up with a letter tattooed onto her face, around the same time as Xesh, and shows up near him. And how did she evade detection when entering the system?

10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Not entirely sure how I feel about some of the reveals in this issue. At least Hawk finally admitted he shared Lok's vision, and mass-producing Forcesabers doesn't really sound like a good idea. While I'm looking forward to the next arc, the tech gap between Tython and the Rakata still seems a bit too big for a long war, but then maybe Je'daii powers will make up the difference.

So Xesh has been programmed already, which leaves the question of how much is part of his orders and how much is his own new-found independence. As long as they don't lock him back up on Bogan he's willing to cooperate. It would be nice if healers could search his mind for that kind of thing, but even the Jedi mind trick doesn't seem that commonplace yet (well, Lok has several nastier variations but that's Lok).

Ok second arc, although it mostly consisted of one long chase, with more background into the Despot War... and considering we now know how it ended (assassination rather than a long war, which probably explains how so many lieutenants survived), not sure how the divided Tython system will handle full-scale war. Still, should be quite interesting to see the Je'daii deal with a threat like this. Lok says they have to embrace the dark to survive, but wonder if the Je'daii could instead go full light instead.

11. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Heh, Skal'nas sent Xesh in as a sleeper agent, it all makes sense considering how his mind was blank on how he killed his Predor :D Can't wait to see the invasion... will seem very one sided since I doubt Tython wouldn't have ships the size the Rakatans are sending. This will seem very one sided unless the Tythonians have something up their sleeve. But anyway... ARGH, now we have to wait until the next arc starts to see what happens!

12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Per Issue 0 they have warships left over from the Despot War sitting around.

13. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    Great issue! I can't wait to see the following issue. Xesh a spy is a terrific idea and I can't only picture the rampage that will happen when he will reveal his true nature. I have many questions :

- So in the end, can we call the Force Wars a retcon since all we know is that there was a war between Ashla and Bogan users : the Je'daii are using both sides of the force and the Rakata are using only darkside (Bogan). Plus, even if Xesh taught the Je'daii the Darkside and they only use it, it would be a bogan vs bogan war. Not very clear to me.

- Considering the military and force powers of the Rakata, I don't know how the Je'daii would survive this...

- I also wonder how the knowledge of the Forcesabers went lost through the centuries.

- Trill has tattoo on her face... and no one question her about it? Hello people, Xesh doesn't ring a bell to you?

14. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Hmmm true but I still can't imagine them being able to fight off Rakatan warships. Might just be me but I would imagine Tythonian ships are quite inferior to that of the Infinite Empire. Plus, whats to stop repeated invasions? Unless we get to see the origin of that plague that impacted the Rakata and the start of the civil wars that brought the end of their civilization.

15. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Okay, my favorite issue so far! The story was very Shakespearian, I loved all the twists and turns & Lok's epic flashback, the characters are really developing into memorable people, each with their own story/agenda. For my money, the best art so far as well, apart from one awkward panel showing Trill from an overhead angle. Otherwise, I LOVED the design, the sepia toned flashback, the armor in the flashback, the heavy cross hatching, the slightly more cartoony background characters in certain panels, heavily recalling P. Craig Russel.

This is easily one of the best SW comics ever published & one of the best SW sagas ever told. In all seriousness, this one issue was a hundred times better than the crummy Star Trek movie that just came out.

John & Jan: Thank You! When is Force War hitting the stands?

spicer likes this.
  16. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Hmmm, question for John: Was any of the lightsaber origin material influenced by what would eventually be in the Padwan Arc in The Clone Wars? It just seems to be closer to that conception than to the prequel era idea that sabers were a dime a dozen at the Jedi Temple gift shop and not specially tied to their users in any way.

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm sure new factions (such as Ashla-only users) will emerge as DOTJ goes on.

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder how much of this Skal'nas has planned...

19. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Yikes, a fleet of nearly two dozen Rakatan warships headed for Tython? I hope those small Peacemaker-class cruisers of the Je'daii are up to the challenge. Hopefully the Settled Worlds still have some military forces.

--Adm. Nick

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I suspect Tython itself will be the ultimate deterrent to the Rakata. See how they handle a Force Storm or some such.

21. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Bah, hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good fleet of warships at your side. :D

--Adm. Nick

22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I can't wait for the Force War comic series. One question for John though, is it possible that we can start seeing different colored forceblades for the next series?

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I remember in one of the issues the invading Rakata are shown with red forcesabers

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Depends on where they park.

[​IMG]

"Yes...your ships are very impressive in the air, or in space- but, right now, they are on the ground."

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    If Skal'bas and Trill were behind the assasination of Tul'kar, why didn't Skal'nas know about it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.