main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Star Wars Rebels Animated Series Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Han Yolo, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    Agreed, Vader needs to be the most feared man beyond the Emperor himself, the ambush on Kessel with the eight Jedi is what I expect, it was perfect, he killed plenty of them, still got beaten up pretty badly, but still won regardless(With a little help from the 501st).

2. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    You do know this show will be on Disney XD, right?...

I think people should temper their expectations with wanting Darth Vader to be a merciless killing machine, or any other stuff which puts the "dark" in "dark times".

3. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Do we know it will be on XD?

4. Feng Shui Engine

Jan 24, 2013
    They said so in the official press release.

5. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Then YES we Do!

6. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    I'd rather they not use Vader at all, than ruin him like TCW did to Grevious.

7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I'm pretty sure they won't ruin Vader, given how popular he is as a character, and if they show him failing anywhere near as much as Grievous onscreen, they should know that fans will be up in arms. Can't see them risking this just to give him more gratuitous appearances. At the same time, he has to show up sometimes for the very same reason that he is such a popular character. But they have to play up his menace and the qualities that make him so compelling in the films. So I'd want him to show up, but only sparingly, and when he does, like Darth_Pevra mentioned, it should be a truly "Oh ****!" moment for the good guys.

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Kinda difficult to have "Wars" without character deaths. But I guess you have a point. Hm.

If they do turn it into a series for toddlers they could also take the parody Vader route, present him sorta like Chad Vader and make the whole thing noncanon. Either you do real Vader or you do parody Vader, there is no middle ground.

9. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Whenever Vader popped up in the OT death certainly was NOT imminent, so why should it be imminent in the cartoons? I mean, Han Solo, a mere smuggler and nobody blasted Vader out of the the trench of the Death Star. The only non Empire person we see Vader kill on screen is Obi Wan, and he LETS Vader kill him. Oh and yeah, the Emperor...but that is a double fatality so I am not sure if it counts in this discussion. ;)

The ambush on Kessel was ridiculous. First, Vader did not have a 'little' help from the 501st; they saved his butt. He was about to get skewered, and plenty of powerful jedi were still alive.Second, there is no way Vader could take on even 8 padawans simultaneously. He couldn't do it presuit, no way could he do it post suit when he is at his weakest.

Again, the OT never stated Vader to be all powerful at all. It was the Emperor that was the true power. Yoda told Luke to beware the Emperor's power, not Vader's power. In the PT, due to fanboy service they implied that Vader would end up more powerful than Sidious and Yoda, but thanks to Obi Wan even this was nipped in the bud.

I can understand people growing up with Vader, finding him cool, want him to be the bees knees, but it just isn't true. At least not in the movies.

obi_kenobi_24 likes this.
  10. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    'Not in the movies' where he isn't the main character and he is fighting plot armor, try reading some Lucas-managed novels about him first, like the RotS novel, the Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader novel and more.

Pre-suit Anakin goes through the temple, chokes out Cin Drallig's Padawan whilst out-duelling and eventually killing the Jedi battle master himself, as well as making Shaak Ti run like hell and killing anyone too powerful for the 501st to gun down, like it or not even Vader pre-suit could kill pretty much any Jedi but the best on the High Council.

And Kessel he performs very well considering he has yet to adapt his personal form and is yet to get used to his suit, he kills a bunch of them and then when he finally gets taken out even though he'd lost use of his saber beforehand, their blows still couldn't kill him and they got wiped out like younglings by Vader's Fist/501st.

11. Feng Shui Engine

Jan 24, 2013

Perhaps I'm being a little too cynical. I'm not familiar with any of the programmes on Disney XD, so I can't really say what they do or do not allow. Maybe someone here more familiar with Disney XD programming can ease our concerns?

12. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I hope it has Jar Jar & Ewoks :)

FRAGWAGON and JoshieHewls like this.
  13. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Ewoks I feel like are unlikely...but Jar Jar is a very real possibility. I can only hope they kill off Jar Jar...would do alot of good for SW

14. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    They try to draw in similar crowds that the cartoon network does. I think you will see a similar type of show violence wise that TCW was.

15. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I hope they make him a rebel commander! "Mesa no liken dat Dantooine!" Awesome.

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    I'm not exactly sure where everyone is getting the idea that Grievous was ruined. He appeared in one movie and he was killed in that movie. Many of you should know by now that anything other than TCW and the movies is considered to be a lower level of canon and can not be taken for gospel.

The-Eternal-Hero likes this.
  17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Don't post that on the lit board. They are in denial about it there in spite of GL's own statements. Some of them even want Chewbacca to be dead in Episode VII.

18. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Well our on-screen intro to Grievous was the micro-series cartoon. He kicked @$$ and pretty much earned the lightsabers he was collecting. In TCW cartoon, he had his @$$ handed to him too many times to be considered a great threat to the Jedi.

19. Feng Shui Engine

Jan 24, 2013
    I don't know...It's hard for me to imagine Disney XD being cool with allowing something like quadruple decapitations.

20. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Wasnt he supposed to be sick and grew weaker as the clone wars progressed?

21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    He killed Obi-Wan, he killed Biggs, he had Leia, Chewie and Han at his complete mercy (where the only thing protecting them was plot armor) and put Han into Carbonid, he killed Palpatine, he almost killed Luke multiple times (who only survived due to plot armor again), he killed a couple imperial officers, he decimated the rebels at hoth and a lot of x-wing pilots in the Yavin battle. Yes, death was imminent whenever he appeared. How much more should he have killed, really? His kill count was ridiculously high especially considering his little screentime.

He did plenty of impressive stuff in the movies which is why he is pretty much universally respected as a badass and a threatening villain.

22. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    I'm pretty sure in the first 5min of ANH Vader had his Stormtroopers take out just about an entire ships crew, then choke Captain Antilles to death with his bare (bionic) hands. Then takes (who turns out to be his own daughter) Leia aboad a space station made only for causing massive amounts of death to torture her for info so he could kill more people...

When ever Vader was on screen death was surely soon to follow...or at least someone getting their butt handed to them. He was death incarnate IMO!

If Vader is going to show up in this new show, my man is going to be doing some serious butt kicking. Like he always did :)

23. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    Don't forget, he not only almost killed Luke, he almost killed his own son Luke. That right there tells me your are one messed up dude!

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Man, that scene with Captain Antilles was one of the most shocking I've ever seen. It still gives me the chills.

[​IMG]

25. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    I think that may have just been from some EU book trying to explain why he wasn't as strong as he was in 'c' canon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.