main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, I think I learned that lesson my first year of law school -- had to seriously up my game, and it was not a pleasant lesson to learn. It's just now I have to do it all again in a compressed amount of time. Kind of like a trial by fire I guess... urgh. I really wanted a bit more of a break before doing this all again.

Graduation? It was a trap!

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That's the next level but - the jumps don't stop coming! :)

Welcome to Level 7! :)

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Today was the first day of my graduation process, with the ceremony for the entire university at Yankee Stadium. Not to mention that this was the 181st graduation for my school. :D

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Not a bad place to graduate, not a bad place at all. We had a university-wide thing at the National Mall (which I skipped -- preferred to sleep in, lol, and it was drizzling) and then our specific thing at this auditorium. How many days is your graduation stuff?

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well yesterday was a Grad Alley. Basically a festival/carnival atmosphere with attractions and stuff. Today was the university-wide ceremony, and tomorrow is my individual school graduation where I'll actually get my degree. Then Darth Real Life takes over.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Congrats Todd. [:D]

Good luck on the job hunt.

7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    So with the Xbox One announcement the Silent Hill Dog ending has been circulating the web quite a bit. Silent Hill 2 is one of my favorites, but I'd actually never seen it. I have to say, it could be the best thing ever. Especially that song over the credits...

Be warned that annoying tune will get stuck in your head.

Rogue_Follower likes this.
  8. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Yeah, so I'm at Disney World, no big deal

9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Have you ridden Star Tours 5 times yet?

If not, what have you been doing this whole time??

10. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Would I be considered souless if I said that I honestly hate Disney World?

11. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Driving almost nonstop from Charleston to Orlando? :p

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Were you at least listening to Star Wars music? That always helps on road trips.

One of my favorite experiences ever was when I was taking a taxi from Vale to Boulder because Vale's baby airport was snowed in, and having all the Hoth music from ESB come up on my then-iPod playlist. I just put that stuff on loop, man.

That depends -- what do you think of the far superior park, Disneyland?

13. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I didn't know there was a difference :p

So I suppose I've never been.

14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I haven't been to Disneyland, but Disney World is about five degrees off from a strip mall and I have no reason to think Disneyland is any different.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You two are monstrous beings devoid of taste or substance. I hope a crocodile which makes "tick-tock" noises haunts your dreams.

RC-1991 likes this.
  16. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Did we really expect anything less from those two? :p

17. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Okay, Crusader Kings 2 question.

This game is really starting to "click" with me. I'm starting to get where I'm not just guessing things, but am actually able to understand the interface and come up with strategies a bit. In my most recent playthrough, I've run into an amusing scenario. My character died at the ripe age of 69, leaving four fully grown heirs behind. Luckily, the first heir in line died of illness; I say luckily because the next heir in line was more qualified in every way. That said, my dear brothers were not pleased, and formed a faction to put one of the pretenders on the throne. I allowed it to happen, and crushed it when I did. To make an example of my brother, I executed him. I earned the "kinslayer" trait, which was sorely out of place on my character, as he had nothing but good traits (the guy was practically an angel). Years down the line and several conquests later, my other brother decides to unwisely make a move. The cycle repeats, and he finds himself in my dungeon. My question: should I just go ahead and kill the bastard, since I am and always will be kinslayer? Or, should I do the unexpected and release him? Would that move forge a strong loyalty, or would I only be setting myself up for another inevitable betrayal?

Also: Disney have all the money in the world, but they will never have anything resembling substance to impart [face_tee_hee]

18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    You can get rid of the kinslayer trait if you have good relations with the Pope and ask to pay an indulgence (Under the start a plot screen, where you can invite nobles and debutantes to your court)

An event will fire soon after asking for some extra gold to get rid of the trait. But if you want to kill your brother, do so before you get rid of the trait.

instantdeath likes this.
  19. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    That should be helpful. Also, does each child you have decrease the chance of having another? My character is only 27, wife is only 26, but we've had 4 daughters so far. The lack of an heir is getting distressing. Would there be any point to petitioning the Pope for divorce, or would it only give about the same chance of having an heir?

And hahaha... I'm able to start an affair with the wife of the brother I executed. Oh this game. Am I able to father a bastard son and pass him off as an heir? Because that would be... good?

20. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    SO EXCITED CAN'T BREATHE

Warning: every spoiler, ever.

blackmyron likes this.
  21. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    What's even cooler is that they slipped in scenes from the new season in the recap... including maybe Rusty's mother? (And a reappearance of Hank and Dean's pretty-sure-she's-their-mother)

22. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    I'm pretty sure you can legitimize him. If your succession law forbids female heirs, he should inherit. Although at age 27, you should be fine unless you really tick someone off (I once had a king last 6 months... An assassination went badly wrong).

Assuming your character is able to perform well enough, of course.

23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Timecode?

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Bah, just stop being sexist and switch to cognatic succession. :p

That's what I always do.

25. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    i have never been but theme parks in general creep me out tbh.

so, i imagine disneyworld/land would be super creepy due to the disney aspect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.