main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Star Wars Rebels Animated Series Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Han Yolo, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I can't watch that scene. I have to turn away and plug my ears no matter how many times I've seen the movie.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I love the fact that there are people on this thread who don't think Vader will appear in this show, but there's another thread full of people who think he WILL appear in Episode VII.

[​IMG]

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think that since TCW focused on Anakin, it would be fitting for Rebels to focus on Vader.

4. gizmodeus

gizmodeus Jedi Padawan

Sep 5, 2012
    more borkus!!!!!!!!!!!

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Really, I think much of the "problem" with Grievous is that his character concept was outright reimagined from "unstoppable Jedi-killing machine" to "cyborg vaudevillain". Many people kept holding him to a standard of competence that he was no longer actually meant to have.

(Of course, one could question whether the reimagining itself was dumb, but that's not the way it's usually worded).

6. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Exactly. He was only this unstoppable force in the micro series and possibly some books. You can't really take those stories for gospel anylonger.

7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    They thoroughly ruined Grievous over the years. I mean, the moment you see it's his plan and that he's involved - you know he's gonna fail, fall down, get kicked around by damn Gungans and eventually embarresed even more, all that within a 22 minute timeframe.

It's a shame, he could've been a rather cool villain.

8. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    Suited Vader is a force.....but his main level of badassery shouldn't be his physical combat skills

If I see him flipping around cutting through people like nothing and blowing the hinges off of doors like the Hoth Hanger Bay with the flick of his wrist.....

I won't watch the show and quickly put it in the "It Doesn't exist to me" Vault were him an Starkiller can dance an play games to the end of time

I'd much rather they choose to show Vaders Evilness through the commands of armies and use of torture to get what he wants.
    Vader is also an Elite of the Elite pilot, so theres another avenue

9. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Sounds much better than Cline Wars. They better not try to give Vader a Sith apprentice.

fishtailsam likes this.
  10. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I wouldn't want to be a rebel in this series. IF we are the believe the opening crawl in episode 4, that the rebels
    just won their first victory against the empire, those poor dudes should be getting their butts whipped all
    series long!

11. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I have an idea in regards to the art style... remember how Family Guy replicated the original trilogy effects? what if they decided to go with a cel-shaded semi-2D style similar to that? could be visually striking and a breath of fresh air.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Good call. They will probably skirt that by saying the series isn't about the established Rebel Alliance, but rather about the varying pockets of resistance who later form the Alliance, but it will still make minimal sense in contrast to the opening crawl of 4.

VanishingReality likes this.
  13. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013

This is true, but it's also the advantage of not considering EU part of the same story as the film series. It allows you to enjoy things like this, or the Clone Wars cartoon that made a mess of continuity, without worry. I enjoyed the Clone Wars cartoon, but to me Maul died on Naboo and is dead as a doornail. I'll enjoy this show, but if they do things that mess up the story I won't care that much, because it is it's own story.

All that being said, I would hope that any story set in that timeframe is very dark in nature. It's the only way to really do that era justice. Vader should be hunting down surviving Jedi, the rebels should be struggling just to survive............

jc1138 likes this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Also, a good way of considering the approach to this series.

15. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    The more I think about it, the more I think that is what this show should be about. Survival. Just surviving is a victory for them in these early days.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    But that's part of the SW joke, just like Stormtroopers are hailed as ruthless elite troops yet they have terrible armour and can't hit the broad side of a Bantha if they tried. Greivous is hailed as awesome, but he's cursed with having awful incompetent droids who can't fulfil his missions and his lack of Force powers let him getting beaten pretty easily by any elite level Jedi.

Artoo-Dion and darklordoftech like this.
  17. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    One advantage that many of these series will have from here on out though is that they will be being made at the same time that the movies were being made. They won't be ideas that came after all the movies were already released. So they will be able to incorporate the stories being told in the tv series into the movies.

18. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, the thing with stormtroopers is in ANH they wiped out the rebels aboard Tantive IV pretty fast, with what seemed to be minimal losses. Aboard the Death Star, they weren't actually supposed to kill them since of the whole homing beacon aboard the Falcon thing, so there's that. In ESB they went all blitzkrieg on the rebels' asses and swept them off Hoth in half an hour.

But I have no excuse for ROTJ. They really screwed it up with that one.

Sean Sinclair and eht13 like this.
  19. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Their arrogance was their weakness.

20. Dr. Chaos

Dr. Chaos Jedi Padawan star 1

May 19, 2013
    He had two in the EU, didn't he? Starkiller was his one during the dark times and then I think there was something about another guy that Luke fought in a comic book sometime after Vader's death.

The showrunners seem to really like Sam Witwer, he voiced atleast two different characters on The Clone Wars (if I remember right), I guess anything is possible.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Vader's apprentice will be Maul. What a mess...

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    "The circle is now complete. When last we met, you killed my master's master and your master is now my master and now I am your master".

[​IMG]

24. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Exciting plot twist. Maul is actually Lukes father...

25. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Maul gets rebooted yet again. Played by Till Lindemann this time around.

[​IMG]

Dr. Chaos likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.